Bangor, PA *****
To whom it may concern:
I graduated in 2008 with my Associates degree in Information Technology with a concentration in Networking from Northampton Community College. I also obtained my B.S. in Information Technology with a concentration in Networking, Administration, & Security in 2010 from Peirce College. I graduated in August 2014 from Capitol College (Now Capitol Technology University) with a double master’s degree in Internet Engineering and Information Assurance. I feel the combination of the two degrees compliments one another by giving me the perfect balance between a technical and business stand point.
In the years after achieving my educational goals I have gained some valuable experience working with a large ISP. The experience has allowed me to provision equipment such a Cisco’s, Telco’s, and Cyan devices for large cellular companies. I’m looking to expand on my current experiences by obtaining work related to these experiences. I’m looking to find a career opportunity that will reflect this path, such as, a network engineer or NOC technician or something very similar in nature. I am confident that the combination of being a very quick learner and my educational background has prepared me to make an immediate impact to your team. I also believe that my passion and desire to continue to learn will make me a highly productive employee. I currently trying to enhance my skillset by learning VoiP through training videos in my spare time. I understand the level of professionalism and communication skills required for long-term success in this industry. If selected, it will give me a great opportunity for deepening my knowledge; plus, give me invaluable experience working for your company. I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future. Sincerely,
To find a position as a network installer/technician/engineer, where I can apply my knowledge and experience, but also be able to enhance my skills as well.
Network installer with 5 years of experience provisioning and troubleshooting vender network equipment. I’m looking for an environment where I can continue to learn and grow as a networking professional and apply the skill I’ve learned to help the organization and further my career.
Jan 2012 – Aug 2014 Capitol Technology University, Laurel, MD
(Formally known as Capitol College)
M.S in Internet Engineering
Sept 2010 – Aug 2014 Capitol Technology University, Laurel, MD
(Formally known as Capitol College)
M.S in Information Assurance
Mar 2009 – April 2010 Peirce College, Philadelphia, PA B.S. in Information Technology
Concentration in Networking, Admin & Security
Sept 2005 – May 2008 Northampton Community College, Bethlehem Campus, PA A.A.S in Information Technology
Concentration in Networking
Experience: Company Position
Oct 21th 2013 – Oct 1st 2018 Zayo Bandwidth FTT Network Install March 2013 – Oct 20th 2013 Zayo Bandwidth (TEKsystems) FTT Service Technician
• Provisioning, installing, testing, and turn-up of New Cell Site equipment through the core and ring. Mainly, consisting of Cisco 7600’s, ASR’s, MWR;s, Cisco 4500 Switches, Telco 340 & 3348’s, Ciena’s and other vendor equipment. By working closely with network engineers, vendors, and field techs to installation new equipment between the provider and customers.
• Provided Tier 2/3 support by troubleshooting network related issues with field techs and equipment venders to minimized downtime, while tracking and reporting updates through salesforce. July 2011 – Oct 2011 Verizon Wireless (DISYS) Associate Technician
• Using the Remedy ticketing system, I would resolve issues using tools such as, SANE & RTT to help troubleshoot cell site related issues for customers by gathering and analyzing documents and information in order to address the problem.
• Basic knowledge of call routing, digit-by-digit routing translations in Alcatel Lucent, Nortel Ericsson, and Motorola environments
• Demonstrate CORE Values: Customers First, Integrity, Respect for fellow employees, Personal and Team Commitment, Quality and Innovation and Maximize Share Holder Value. Sept. 2008 – Nov. 2008 UPS (Express Personnel Services) Jr. NOC Technician
• Proactively monitored 3000 plus network sites worldwide using NetCool. Work closely with Telco’s to ensure the network is available to all users.
• Observes and controls the status and performance of all components of network facilities
• Identifies diagnoses and resolves problems of moderate complexity affecting network performance
• Answer incoming problem call from UPS/SCS sites and resolves associated tickets (HDFS)
• Knowledge of data network elements and protocols including; TCP/IP, Frame Relay, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP protocols.
• Working knowledge of Wireless Technology Communications, using Real Time Data tools to troubleshoot handheld DIADs in a CDMA/GSM network environment.
Certification Exams: Achieved Active
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator January 2008 Yes Microsoft Certified Professional December 2007 Yes CompTIA Network+ November 2007 Yes
CompTIA A+ 2007 IT Technician September 2007 Yes
Intermediate Level (Non-Manager)
US - I am authorized to work in this country for any employer. Target Salary:
Desired Compensation: (Negotiable)
Target Job Title(s): Network Engineer
Network Support Technician
Desired Job Type: Telecommunications, Government
Desired Status: Full-time
Willing to work weekends: Yes
Willing to work overtime: Yes
Target Company: Company Size: No Preference
Category: Computers, Network, Security
Industry: Information Technology
Target Location: Selected Locations: Northeast, PA Northern, NJ
Second Master’s Degree: School Capitol College
Major Internet Engineering
Graduated August 2014
First Master’s Degree: School Capitol College
Major Information Assurance
Graduated August 2014
Bachelor’s Degree: School Peirce College
Major Information Technology
Concentration Networking, Admin, & Security
Graduated April 2010
Associate’s Degree: School Northampton Comm. College Major Information Technology
Graduated May 2008