Harold A. Giles III
New Orleans, La. 70126
Dedicated fleet dispatcher with 15 + years of work experience seeking the opportunity to join a transportation company to attain a long and successful career with the commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and service.
Heniff Transportation, New Orleans, La.
Dispatch Manager, February 2018 – Present
- Develop and maintain a professional but paternal relationship with each driver in order to insure his/her needs are being met by the company.
- Advocate and maintain a strong commitment to safety in the operating process.
- Communicate timely and effectively with customers to ensure a high level of service.
- Maximize driver availability to fully utilize equipment in order to provide maximum revenue and profitability.
CSX Transportation, New Orleans, La
Freight Conductor, July 2008 –October 2017
- Ensure compliance with all signals, and railroad rules and regulations for safe movement.
- Review instructions from dispatchers and yardmasters, and discuss with locomotive engineer.
- Work with customers to ensure accurate movement and placement of cars.
- Maintain awareness of surrounding area and suspicious activity to ensure rail safety.
National Construction Rentals, New Orleans, La
Assistant Manager/Dispatcher, April 2007 - July 2008
- Dispatched and supervised 8 two men teams to install temporary fence in Louisiana, Florida, Alabama and Mississippi.
- Properly billed customers for service rendered.
- Monitored the Customer Service Representatives to insure top notch service.
Pontchartrain Materials Corps. New Orleans, La
Warehouse Supervisor/Dispatcher, May 1992 – April 2007
-Kept accurate inventory of over 40 sand blasting products to include packing, loading and shipping of equipment.
-Responsible for the scheduling and supervising of 13 employees.
-Dispatched 20 trucks daily to various job sites.
United States Marine Corps, E-4, 1986 - 1992