AKUA BIAA ADU
https://www.linkedin.com/in/akuabiaaadu1/ https://github.com/AkuaBiaa EDUCATION Illinois College, Jacksonville, IL. December 2019
Bachelor of Science Candidate in Computer Science and Biology Overall GPA - 3.8 AWARDS AND HONORS _
• Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society • Beta Beta Beta Honor Society • Dean’s Honor’s List SUMMARY OF SKILLS __ _
• Microsoft Office tools, Ruby and Ruby on Rails
• Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Pro and IBM’s SPSS
• Proficient in Java
• Git, GitHub, Command Line and Maven
• Conversational Japanese and French
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE API Developer Intern, Safecast – Tokyo, Japan August 2018
• Implemented functionality for precise measurement of radiation data inputs in Ruby code of the Safecast rails application.
• Enriched rails Gem file to support Windows 10 for flexible API setup and created documentation for the development team.
• Utilized GitHub and SourceTree for version control (CD/CI), while developing APIs for their open source radiation datasets. Information Technology Student Worker, Illinois College – Jacksonville, IL Feb. 2017 – Present
• Tackle and monitor work orders assigned to the Help Desk team, utilizing the Microsoft SharePoint tool.
• Remote troubleshooting and utilizing diagnostic techniques, based on issues presented by Students, Staff, Faculty, Alumni.
• Setup workstations with necessary devices and maintain efficient systems to prevent and mitigate technical risks across campus. Technical Support Intern, Angel Touch Home Care – Monroe Township, NJ December 2018
• Provided direct technical assistance to Angel Touch staff for diagnosis of hardware, software, and other systems related issues.
• Conducted periodic maintenance including; updating software and some hardware, and assisting with data migrations.
• Managed documentation of reference manuals for training & guidance and ensured on-demand accessibility of IT Supplies. Institutional Research Student Worker, Illinois College – Jacksonville, IL July 2018 – Present
• Assessment, management and evaluation of computerized data files with SPSS, Microsoft Excel and other statistical software.
• Reproduce external reports from research data to accreditation organizations, state & federal agencies and key stakeholders. Computational Biology Student Researcher, Illinois College – Jacksonville, IL Jan. 2018 – July 2018
• Collected and extracted data sets on protein interaction sequences from online databases and published peer review articles.
• Coded algorithms in Java for analysis of protein-protein interaction metadata, to support research hypothesis. Technology Fellow, Yielding Accomplished African Women – Charlottesville, VA August. 2019 – Present
• Contribute to the empowerment of young, black, African women to improve thier productivity; by providing transformative career opportunities, while equiping them with skills in finance or technology, mentorship, and leadership development. OTHER WORK EXPERIENCES _ __ __ Supplementary Instructor - Chemistry, Illinois College – Jacksonville, IL Jan. 2019 – May 2019
• Prepared session material and conducted weekly sessions to help students understand course content for academic excellence.
• Provided 1-on-1 tutoring prior to exams, periodically met with course professor & built professional relationships with faculty. Lab Teaching Assistant - Chemistry, Illinois College – Jacksonville, IL Sept. 2018 – Dec. 2018
• Supervised 2 to 3-hour laboratory periods weekly and provided feedback and assistance to course instructor as requested.
• Actively instructed and assisted students during lab and maintained a clean and orderly environment for the next class. INDEPENDENT AND COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
• Built a mobile web application for credit card validation using the “Luhn algorithm”, and other specifications through Google’s Grow with Google Certification Scholarship supported by The Andela Learning Community (ALC). (Summer 2019)
• R&D in front and back-end code for “Kairos” to-do list self service web application, for gamifying productivity by allocating scores per task completed from; Spring Boot, REST, & Angular. (Summer 2019)
• Created simple Rails application that provides web page access through JSON and images. (Summer 2018)
• Created printer inventory and re-organized entire active directory for Illinois College IT Department. (Summer 2017) RELEVANT COURSEWORK
• Data Structures and Algorithms I, II
• Computer Org. and Architecture
• Computer Networking
• Software Development
• Theory of Computation
• Operating Systems
• Fundraiser for Relay for Life (American Cancer Society) via Computer Science club.
• Prepared and lead presentations with Japanese exchange students at four elementary schools about Japanese Culture.
• Packed lunches to feed over 400 grade-school children in Jacksonville via the "Take It to the Streets" volunteer program.