AKANKSH REDDY TELKALA
202-***-**** • email@example.com • https://www.linkedin.com/in/akankshreddytelkala/ EDUCATION
GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY Fairfax, VA January 2018 – December 2019 Master of science in data analytics engineering GPA - 3.80
• Coursework: Big data to information, Applied Statistics and Visualization for Analytics, Decision and Risk Analysis, Intelligence Analysis Methods, Applications of Metadata in Complex Big Data Problems, Principles of Data Management and Mining, Analytics/Decision Analysis, Big Data needs Analysis, Database Management Essentials and Applied Predictive Analytics.
ANURAG GROUP OF INSTITUTION Ghatkesar, TELANGANA Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering September 2013 – May 2017
GPA – 3.70
• Active player for college Cricket team and facilitator for IUCEE- SPEED. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Data Science intern, Principle financial group, Fairfax, Virginia. January 2019 – May 2019
• Annotated textual snippets to validate meaningfulness and sentiment of parsed text.
• Developed classifiers and extracted 1000 features using bag-of-words, TDF_IF, Count Vectorization and n-grams.
• Implemented machine learning algorithms to predict a given document and achieved an accuracy of 94% and AUC of 0.82.
• Visualized the results of developed models using PowerBI. Graduate Teaching Assistant, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia. August 2018 – Till date
• Assisted Professor in the courses – database management essentials, big data to information, Determining Needs for Complex Big Data Systems and health care analytics.
• Monitored the coursework, grading the student’s assignments, instructed students whenever needed. Provided personal feedback about weekly assignments to 150 students every semester. Data analyst, Sanchar couriers, Hyderabad. July 2017 – December 2017
• Extracted the data and classified the tables/ functions using multiple SQL queries, views and joins.
• Created active Tableau Dashboard to indicate the branch locations of the firm in India which have a narrow profit margin to improve strategy models for such locations, improving revenues by 10%.
• Worked and deployed predictive analytics code built on Python using the libraries Matplotlib, Seaborn, Pandas, and NumPy to create a visualization in order to predict success rates of client opportunities. Programmed visualizations of consumer behaviors based on using R which resulted in increased customer satisfaction by 15%. TECHNICAL SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTS
• Programming/software: Python, C, C++, R, JAVA, SQL, Weka, HTML.
• Visualization: Tableau, ggplot, PowerBI. Analytica, Matplotlib, Gephi.
• Related skills: Analytical Solver, Pivot Tables, Predictive Analysis, Linear Regression, Classification, Categorical Data-analysis, Non-parametric Analysis, Time Series Analysis, Optimization, Stimulation models, Decision Tress, Modelling, Operations Research, AWS, git/GitHub, Multivariate Analysis, Plotly, Hadoop, Hiveql, Spark, Numpy, Pandas, Jupyter, NLTK, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Shell Scripting.
• Certifications: C, java and linux training conducted by IIT Bombay Big data university certification cloud U certification. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Airbnb Price Prediction Spring 2019
• Built a multivariate regression model in R and tuned hyperparameters to predict house prices and achieved an R2 = 0.87 and Median Absolute Error = $79.67.
• Implemented Box-Cox power transformation, SVM, Random forest, Lasso, Ridge & ElasticNet for variable and model selection. Twitter Sentiment Analysis on Mass Shootings Spring 2019
• Predicted sentiments of tweets using TwitteR, RTextTool libraries from data collected with twitter streaming APIs. Choosing a Location to Establish Hospital and School in Low Poverty Area Fall 2018
• Designed a value hierarchy with fundamental objectives being educational requirements, factors involving health care and resources.
• Derived the highest utility score of 0.782 in Analytica by using swing weights. Airline Customer Behavior Fall 2018
• Extracted metadata and created predictive models which would explain the reasons and likelihood of a customer not re-booking with the airline with the python and weka.
• Achieved an accuracy of 82% using random forest and decision tree. Pictorially visualized the data using tableau. Fatal Shootings by Police Spring 2018
• Performed EDA to analyze the patterns of the data using ggplot packages and Plotly.
• Created interactive dashboards using Tableau and Micromaps in R to visualize USA Crime statistics and derived valuable insights about rates and types of crimes.