M**** Brigade Gateway Apartments, Malleshwaram West, Bangalore 560055
firstname.lastname@example.org PH: 944-***-****
Applying for Full-time job in the field of civil engineering. EDUCATION
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology GPA-3.5/4.0 August 2013 to May 2017 Masters Degree in Civil Engineering
(Structural Engineering and Construction Mgmt)
North Carolina A & T state university GPA-3.76/4.0 August 2017 to May 2019 INTERNSHIPS
Civil Engineer Intern, SPECS Consulting Civil Engineers Jun 2016-Aug 2016
• Assisted the engineers and field technicians in drafting and the coordination of design activities
• Learned to use AutoCAD software, and STAAD pro software for load calculation and structural analysis/design of RCC structures in commercial and residential projects
• Monitored the technical quality and accuracy of reinforcement details, and work on site
• Assisted draftsmen in the evaluation and estimation of structural quantities UNDERGRADUATE PROJECT
Case Study on the Building Collapse at Bellandur, Bangalore, India Oct 2016-May2017 The objective of this project was to study the types and causes of constructional failures in the modern construction industry
• Conducted various onsite tests to identify the causes behind the collapse
• Collected information from municipal office, past works, site visits, mass media, journals, etc.
• Proposed the use of ETABS analysis for identifying the causes of failure RC frame conventional beam slab system performance Jun 2016-Sep 2016 The goal of this project was to understand the behaviour of RC frame with different heights and across different earthquake zones.
• Identified the inadequacies in the current provisions for earthquake resistant design
• Performed linear static analysis with the help of ETABS software
• Performed stress analysis on different slab systems to identify the most suitable system
• Studied behavior of all models, for different load combinations, considering all the 4 Seismic Zones of India - as per IS 1893(Part I):2002
• Of linear static analysis, linear dynamic analysis, nonlinear static analysis and non linear dynamic analysis, this paper reports the results of linear static analysis when adopting equivalent static load method because of symmetry of the structure, both in geometry and in mass COURSE PROJECTS
Achieving the Energy Efficient Buildings Adopting Green Building Concepts Jun2015-Sep2015
• Designed two parallel, four floor buildings and proposed the use of green building materials and techniques from the site selection stage to the building design(including local sourcing) MASTER THESIS
Numerical analysis of defects of reinforced concrete beam using STAAD Pro. Jan2018-March2019 The goal of this thesis is to find the defects using NDT and verifying the results with STAAD pro software. This is a part of nuclear plant project. This thesis is available in ProQuest.
• Constructed the beam with 3 different conditions and tested the beam
• The same beam was modelled in the STAAD Pro software and analysed to verify the experimental results.
• The bending moment, shear force, and the stresses results were obtained from the software to know the formation of crack and to find the complete failure of the beam.
• These results are helpful in nuclear plants where the human entry is dangerous.
• Thesis link ProQuest Search tarinivenkatesh
• Tarini V, Santhosh D and R Prabakara, “Comparative study on seismic performance of RC frame conventional beam slab system with different height and different zone.” in ICRAES-2016., Bangalore, Sep- 2016, and Volume: 05 Special Issue: 14.
Software: AutoCAD, STAAD pro, ETABS, ArcGIS Pro, MGS floods, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project DATE OF BIRTH 1st JUNE 1995
AWARDS AND EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Class representative for 4 years
• Completed a 5 day course on Design of formwork that covered design, advantages and disadvantages of different types of formwork (Aug 2016)
• Graduate teaching assistant for structural analysis
• Graduate teaching assistant for solid mechanics
• Graduate teaching assistant for STAAD pro software
• Participated in graduate Poster Presentation Competition LANGUAGE FLUENCY
• English, Hindi, Kannada(read, write, speak); Telugu (speak)