Faisal Bin Siraj
Contact Details: +989*********
Database Administrator Profile
Database Administrator (DBA) with 9 years+ of experience designing, coding, testing and supporting next-generation database solutions in Oracle enterprise and SQL Server environments. Proficient in an assortment of technologies, including EXADATA Oracle12c
/11g/10g, 9i, SQL SERVER 200*-****-****, ORACLE ENTERPRISE MANAGER (OEM12C)RMAN, SQL* LOADER, ASM, ORACLE RAC, ASM, TKPROF, SRVCTL
Databases: Oracle 12c, 11g, Exadata, 10g, 9i, MS SQL Server 2005 and 2008,2012 Operating Systems: Oracle Linux, Sun SPARC Solaris 2.x, Linux Red Hat Advanced server, Windows 2000 advanced server, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008
Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, SHELL SCRIPT
Tools and Utilities: OEM 13c, Oracle Forms 9i, Reports 9i, SQL *Loader, TOAD WORK EXPERIENCE 1:CCQ (Community College Of Qatar) DOHA
(June 2014 –January 2017)
Position: Oracle EXADATA DBA
Environment: Oracle 12c/11g 2-node RAC, Oracle Weblogic, Banner Student Application, CRSCTL, SRVCTL, RMAN, ASM, Data Guard, OEM Cloud Control 13c/12c, Datapump, TOAD, SQL* Plus, Putty, SSH, TOAD, Database Performance Analyzer, Exadata X2, X3. ERP SYSTEM: Banner runs on an integrated database system developed by SunGard Higher Education, now known as Ellucian. Banner assists colleges and universities in recording and maintaining data for their students, employees, alumni, and donors. Company Description: As part of a substantial national investment in human development and fulfillment of the educational goals articulated in the Qatar National Vision 2030, the State of Qatar created the Community College of Qatar (CCQ).It started providing education at the diploma level on September 2010 with little more than 300 students. Now it caters for more than 10000 students. Community colleges provide a diverse range of opportunities including college level courses for academic transfer, critical job training to meet workforce. Duties and Responsibilities.
• Management and database administration of Oracle database12c,11g applications on Exadata platforms
• Installing, configuring and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products.
• Implemented full cycle of best Oracle MMA practices RAC and DATAGUARD features.
• Participated in analysis and designing of Oracle Exadata Server for infrastructure and related projects.
• Review and analyze developer request for Database and application systems, and recommend solutions to meet end user requirements
• Real time cloning of Production database environment through RMAN
• Monitoring databases performance and manages statistics of database objects for performance, tuning memory using manual memory management, tuning PGA using work area size parameters
• Provided systems administration including server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration.
• Software and maintenance of the Exadata storage servers in the Database machine including routine health check, patching and upgrades according to the suggestions from Oracle support department.
• Installed Oracle Enterprise manager (OEM) and configured enterprise manager repository, created jobs and alerts, configured OEM events with the SNMPT server to send the traps.
• Support includes routine DBA tasks such as backup and recovery of full and partial databases using RMAN/Data Protector/Datapump
• SQL and PL/SQL code, system and database performance tuning for shared database environments.
• Excellent in troubleshooting, counseling and analyzing WebLogic situations and finding solutions where necessary.
• Provided detailed architecture, consulting, engineering, implementation and support for database availability, backup and recovery. Provide system DBA engineering, implementation and support for online students applications (Banner) using Oracle databases.
• Implementation and support for Oracle migrations and upgrades, including environments using Oracle DataGuard.
WORK EXPERIENCE 2:
Name of the Organization: VAM Systems
Position: Database Administrator.
Period of Service: (October 2011 - May 2014)
Position: Database Administrator (DBA)
Environment: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/2-node RAC, Oracle Linux, CRSCTL, SRVCTL, RMAN, ASM, Physical Standby DB, Data Guard, Exadata x4 Company Description: KAHRAMAA (Qatar General Electricity and Water Company) is a major government utility company that works to give customers high quality electricity and water services throughout the Qatar, has embarked on a challenging to regulate and maintain supply of Electricity & Water to customers. Duties and Responsibilities
• Managed database on 11g R2 RAC
• Administered GI resources like ASM, SCAN Listener, node listener, OCR, Vote files using CRSCTL and SRVCTL utility.
• Production support and day-to-day activity to ensure zero alert thresholds is met 24x7.
• Proactively monitored and diagnosed symptoms using OEM (Enterprise Manager) to significantly increase the probability of success of production db and application.
• Implemented high availability by configuring Data guard, RMAN Replication.
• Effectively used tuning packs like ADDM, AWR, ASH, Tuning Advisors to troubleshoot resource-intensive SQL, enqueues, locks.
• Upgraded more than 15 db from 10.2.0.1 to 18.104.22.168 and then 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 including patchset updates using opatch.
• Conducted designing, assembly and tuning of databases in coordination with development teams.
• Compress large volume partition table by using Oracle HCC Hybrid Columnar Compression techniques.
• Installing ASM environment and migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM
• Performing all RMAN Backup and datapump functionalities.
• Comprehensive documentation of all activities
• Resolving complex restore and recovery issues using RMAN. WORK EXPERIENCE 3:
Name of the Organization: Alrezizasoftware
Client: National Water Company (NWC) Saudi Arabia, Jeddah. Position: Associate Database Administrator.
Period of Service: January 2010 till July 2011.
Company Description: National Water Company (NWC), a major utility company responsible for the provision of urban water and wastewater services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Installation, up gradation and Maintenances of Oracle Databases on Linux & Windows platforms.
• Used EXPORT/IMPORT for table level and full database de-fragmentation.
• Managing database security. Creating and assigning appropriate roles and privileges to users depending on the user activity.
• Managed Production, Development and Test Databases in 24x7 environments.
• Performed database cloning from old system to new system using control file
• Developed and maintained in-depth understanding of the database architecture as well as the functionality used to maintain data integrity WORK EXPERIENCE 4:
Name of the Organization: Velocity Consulting Service Pvt Ltd. Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India. Client: BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigham Limited)
Position: Junior Database Administrator.
Period of Service: August 2006 till 8th October 2009. Duties and Responsibilities
• Performing troubleshooting, administration, monitoring, tuning, and operational functions on Oracle databases for multiple projects
• Writing and troubleshooting database procedures, functions and triggers to optimize the results given by company software
• Proactively responding to database alerts by installing, upgrading, migrating and configuring SQL servers to resolve issues
• Managing duties like troubleshooting, tuning input/output to enhance database performance
• Working with DBA team members to provide client requirements, and suggestions to the developer team related to database activities ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
Bachelor of Commerce and Computers-2005 (B.com computers) from Osmania University India, Hyderabad.
Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
Oracle 9i- SQL (NIIT)
Oracle 9i-Program with PL/SQL (NIIT)
Oracle 9i Forms Developer-Build Internet Applications (NIIT) TECHNICAL TRAININGS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Exadata Database Machine Administration Workshop Ed 2 Oracle Database 11g: Security Ed 2
Linux System Administration Ed 1
Name: Faisal Bin Siraj Email: firstname.lastname@example.org DOB: 27th November 1984 Phone: +989*********
Passport No: R8117339
Marital Status: Married.
Languages Known: English, Arabic (moderate)