P: 414-***-**** E: email@example.com
Creative, energetic, and reliable candidate with thirteen years of experience working as an advocate with at-risk children, young adults, and families in various community-based social service roles seeking opportunity to continue to learn and grow in career. Excels at building strong and trusting relationships with clients and col- leagues, going above and beyond to create meaningful connections, and carries an undying passion to con- tribute to a safe community where everyone can thrive. SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Trauma Informed Care • HMIS Certified • CPR/AED Certified • Motivational Interviewing
• Cultural Competency • Crisis Intervention and Prevention • Harm Reduction • Strength-Based Oasis for Youth Bloomington, MN
Housing Case Manager Manager October 2017 – Present
• Provided direct client service and manage the biannual budget for the FHPAP Eviction Prevention Program.
• Oversaw the Scattered Site Housing Program and connected youth to safe and affordable housing.
• Created individualized case plans to identify youth’s current housing, employment, and personal goals.
• Proactively scheduled home visits and appointments with youth to monitor progress and areas of need.
• Collaborated with landlords to discuss alternative approaches to ensure youth maintained stable housing.
• Engaged with youth during agency drop-in hours to build strong, effective, and trusting relationships.
• Established partnerships with relevant community-based resources, assistance programs, and donors. Alternatives in Psychological Consultation Milwaukee, WI REACH Care Coordinator January 2017 - September 2017 Crisis Stabilizer July 2009 - January 2017
• Convened child and family teams to develop, discuss, and modify each unique plan of care.
• Constructed strength-based inventories of youth, family, informal/formal supports.
• Created safety plans for each child and family team to establish appropriate prevention/intervention.
• Identified and adapted to the specific needs of each at-risk youth using a strengths-based approach.
• Developed a strong and trusting relationship with youth to promote a safe and welcoming environment.
• Intervened during crisis situations using verbal de-escalation techniques at home, school, and community.
• Submitted all required documentation in a timely manner to meet strict deadlines. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee – Helen Bader School of Social Welfare Milwaukee, WI 2011 Bachelor of Science, Social Work
E X P E R I E N C E
E D U C A T I O N