** ******** **, ***. *, Massena, NY 13662, USA
Phone: 315-***-****, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NAME: Aamer M. Qazi
Permanent address: 1812-4460 Tucana Crt,
Mississauga, ON L5R 3K9, Canada
Goal: To stand out and excel in research and development. EDUCATION
Institution and location
Field of Study
National Institutes of Health,
Bethesda, MD, USA
Hamdard University, Karachi,
University of Maine, Orono,
POSITIONS HELD AND EXPERIENCE
June 2019 to Present Sr. Manager QC. Kingston Pharmaceuticals, 5- County, Route 42, Massena, New York, 13662, USA. To manage quality control department in cGMP approved pharmaceutical industry. Jan 2016 to May 2019 Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, at Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Centre for Research in Molecular Medicine, the University of Lahore, Lahore, Pakistan. Breast and lung Cancer Research. Coordinator Molecular Biology; Member purchasing committee; Pattern student “Society for Emerging Sciences”. April 2007 to Dec. 2015 Research Associate at, Division of Surgical Oncology & Developmental Therapeutic, Department of Surgery, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA. Ovarian & Pancreatic Cancer Research. Cancer Genomics, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, MaRS Centre, South Tower, 101 College Street, Suite 800, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3, Working on colon cancer biology. Karmanos Cancer Institute. Also at Wayne State University, 615, Hudson Webber Cancer Research Center, 4100 John R Street, Detroit, MI 48201, USA. Working on cancer biology, developing novel therapeutics, anticancer drugs and its mechanism of action. Nov. 2001 to Nov. 2006 Postdoctoral Fellow at Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA. Training in Biochemistry/ Endocrinology.
Dec. 1999 to Nov2001: Associate Professor/Assistant Professor and course coordinator of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Deputy Director in Postgraduate Institute of Molecular Medicine & Biomedical Sciences. Lahore, Pakistan. Research in Biochemistry and teaching Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology. Lahore, Lahore, Pakistan. May 1998 to Dec. 1999: Assistant Professor in Dr. HMI Institute of Pharmacology and Herbal Sciences, Hamdard University, Karachi, Pakistan. Visiting Faculty, Department of Pharmacology and therapeutics, Hamdard College of Medicine and Dentistry and Visiting Faculty, Department of Biochemistry, Hamdard College of Eastern Medicine
May 1993 to May 1998: Technical Director, Sihala Biotech Limited, Mezzanine Floor, 65-East, Pak Pavilion Plaza, Fazal- e-Haq Rd., Blue Area, Islamabad.
Aug. 1992 to fall 1995: Research Scientist and Lecturer: in Department of Biology, Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan, Teaching Biochemistry. Also taught a short course in “word processing” at the American Center, Islamabad, on behalf of Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan. Also working on World Health Organization (WHO) research project on Malaria Vaccine. Aug.1991 to Aug.1992: Research Associate: Completed one year practical training at Respiratory Division, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
Sep.1987 to Aug.1991: Teaching Assistant in Department of Biochemistry, University of Maine, Orono, Maine, USA. 2
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Technique:
Ultra centrifugation, DNA/RNA purification, Northern and Southern Blotting, Western Blotting, In-vitro Transcription, Lambda Phage Vectors, Preparation of cDNA Libraries, Library Screening, DNA Sequencing, Gene Cloning, Construction of tagged eukaryotic expression vectors, PCR (polymerase chain reaction), Real time PCR. Cloning of PCR products, Site directed mutagenesis. Homologous Recombination Assay.
Adeno-associat virus (AAV) cloning, production and purification. Dendritic cell differentiation and maturation. DC characterization. DC activation to generate Cytotoxic T cells (CTLs). PBMC (blood cell) isolation and culture. ADCC assay. Animal and Plant Tissue Culture Technique:
Animal Tissue Culture, Plant Tissue Culture, Parasite Culture, Tissue, Bioluminescence and Fluorescence based analysis (BRET). In vivo labeling, Cell transient transfection/Nucleofection, Reporter gene assay. Telomerase length assay, Growth kinetics, FLOW cytometry, cell cytotoxic assay, cell senescence assay, Lentivirus transduction, Immunoflourescence, Immunohistochemistry, Confocal and Phase contrast microscopy.
Protein Purification and Chemical Detection Techniques: Co-Immunoprecipitation, Cell surface protein labeling, SDS PAGE, HPLC, TLC, RIA, EIA, Chromatography, Amino Acid Analyzer, Slab Gel Electrophoresis and Iso-electric Focusing. Pulse chase and protein half-life determination. Protein phosphorylation and cell signaling. Biochemical and Organic Chemistry Techniques:
Characterization of Glycoproteins using Biochemical Methods. Metabolic labelling of glycoproteins and sugars. Also familiar with cell karyotyping, electron microscopy, Development of blood protein detection tests: HIV-I&II, hCG, FSH, LH, Hepatitis B. Bioassay techniques for new drug development. Determination of Surface Tension and Viscoelastic properties. PUBLICATIONS
1. Implications of Isoprostanes and Matrix Metalloproteinase-7 Having Potential Role in the Development of Colorectal Cancer
(CRC) In Males. Mahmood Rasool, Arif Malik, Ahmad Ashar Ghuman, Muhammad Abdul Basit Ashraf, Mahwish Arooj, Sulayman Waquar, Sara Zahid, Sumera Shaheen, Aamer Qazi, Muhammad Imran Naseer Naseer, Mazin A Zamzami, Ayat Al-Ghafari, Othman A. Baothman, Mustafa Zeyadi, Nawal Helmi, Hani Choudhry, Mohammad Sarwar Jamal, Mohammed Hussein Al-Qahtani. Front. Oncol., 07 June 2018. https://doi.org/10.3389/fonc.2018.00205. 2. Improvement in Therapeutic Ability of Wharton's Jelly Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells with Vitamin E in Breast Cancer. Wajid N, Azam M, Khalid S, Ali F, Qazi A, Qazi MH. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2017 Dec;27(12):754-758. doi: 2766. PMID: 29185401.
3. Pancreatic Cancer Cell Lysis by Cell-Penetrating Peptide-MAGE-A3-Induced Cytotoxic T Lymphocytes. Batchu RB, Gruzdyn OV, Qazi AM, Mahmud EM, Mostafa G, Weaver DW, Gruber SA, JAMA Surg. 2016 Nov 1;151(11):1086-1088. doi:10.1001/jamasurg.2016.2346. PubMed PMID: 27851862. 4. Role of Natural Radiosensitizers and Cancer Cell Radioresistance: An Update. Malik A, Sultana M, Qazi A, Qazi MH, Parveen G, Waquar S, Ashraf AB, Rasool M.. Analytical cellular pathology (Amsterdam) 2016;2016:6146595. doi: 10.1155/2016/6146595. Review. PubMed PMID: 26998418; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4779816. 5. Inhibition of epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC)-induced microenvironment can restore dendritic cell (DC) activation and migration. Batchu RB, Qazi AM, Gruzdyn OV, Kaur J, Mahmud EM, Weaver DW, Gruber SA. J Am Coll Surg 221 (4S2): e33, 2015.
6. Enhanced Phosphorylation of p53 by miR-26a Leading to Growth Inhibition of Pancreatic Cancer. Aamer M. Qazi, Ramesh B. Batchu, Oksana V. Gruzdyn, Donald W. Weaver, Scott A. Gruber. Accepted in Surgery. May 22nd, 2015. (Surgery RE: 15-CSA- 18R1)
7. Recent updates in the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders using natural compounds. Rasool M, Malik A, Qureshi MS, Manan A, Pushparaj PN, Asif M, Qazi MH, Qazi AM, Kamal MA, Gan SH, Sheikh IA.Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014;2014:979730. doi: 10.1155/2014/979730. Epub 2014 Apr 23. 8. Ritonavir-Mediated Induction of Apoptosis in Pancreatic Cancer Occurs via the RB/E2F-1 and AKT Pathways. Ramesh B. Batchu 1, Oksana V. Gruzdyn, Christopher S. Bryant, Aamer M. Qazi, Sanjeev Kumar, Sreedhar Chamala, Shu T. Kung, Ramana S. Sanka, Udaya S. Puttagunta, Donald W. Weaver, Scott A. Gruber. Pharmaceuticals 2014, 7, 46-57; doi:10.3390/ph7010046 9. EZH2-shRNA-mediated upregulation of p21(waf1/cip1) and its transcriptional enhancers with concomitant downmodulation of mutant p53 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Batchu RB, Qazi AM, Gruzdyn OV, Semaan A, Seward SM, Chamala S, Dhulipala VB, Bouwman DL, Weaver DW, Gruber SA. Surgery. 2013 Oct;154(4):739-47. doi: 10.1016/j.surg.2013.06.041. PMID: 24074410.
10. Arif Malik, Mahmood Rasool, Abdul Manan, Aamer Qazi, Mahmood Husain Qazi. (2013). “Chapter: Advances in Protein Thermodynamics”. Advances in Protein Chemistry, Published by OMICS Group eBooks, 731 Gull Ave, Foster City. CA 94404, USA. http://esciencecentral.org/ebooks/advances-in-protein-chemistry/advances-in-protein-thermodynamics.php 11. Identification of Genes Expressed by Immune Cells of the Colon that are Regulated by Colorectal Cancer-Associated Variants. Vanya D. Peltekova, Mathieu Lemire, Aamer M. Qazi1, Syed H. E. Zaidi, Quang M. Trinh, Ryszard Bielecki, Marianne Rogers, Lyndsey Hodgson, Mike Wang, David J. A. D’Souza, Sasan Zandi, Taryne Chong, Jennifer Y. Y. Kwan, Krystian Kozak, Richard De Borja, Lee Timms, Jagadish Rangrej, Milica Volar, Michelle Chan-Seng-Yue, Timothy Beck, Colleen Ash, Shawna Lee, 3
Jianxin Wang, Paul C. Boutros, Lincoln D. Stein, John E. Dick, Robert Gryfe, John D. McPherson1, Brent W. Zanke, Aaron Pollett, Steven Gallinger and Thomas J. Hudson. Int J Cancer. 2013 Oct 23. doi: 10.1002/ijc.28557. 12. Current View from Alzheimer Disease to Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Rasool M, Malik A, Qazi A, Sheikh IA, Manan A, Shaheen S, Qazi MH, Chaudhary A, Abuzenadah AM, Asif M, Alqahtani MH, Iqbal Z, Shaik MM, Gan SH, Kamal MA. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2013 Sep 19. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 240*****-**. EZH2 blockade by RNA interference inhibits growth of ovarian cancer by facilitating re-expression of p21 waf1/cip1
inhibiting mutant p53. Seward S, Semaan A, Qazi AM, Gruzdyn OV, Chamala S, Bryant CC, Kumar S, Cameron D, Sethi S, Ali- Fehmi R, Morris R, Bouwman DL, Munkarah AR, Weaver DW, Gruber SA, Batchu RB. Cancer Lett. 2013 Aug 9;336(1):53-60. doi: 10.1016/j.canlet.2013.04.012. Epub 2013 Apr 18.PMID: 236*****-**. Restoration of E-cadherin expression in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma treated with microRNA-101. Qazi AM, Gruzdyn O, Semaan A, Seward S, Chamala S, Dhulipala V, Sethi S, Ali-Fehmi R, Philip PA, Bouwman DL, Weaver DW, Gruber SA, Batchu RB. Surgery. 2012 Oct;152(4):704-11; discussion 711-3. doi: 10.1016/j.surg.2012.07.020. Epub 2012 Sep 1. PMID: 229*****-**. MicroRNA-101 inhibits growth of epithelial ovarian cancer by relieving chromatin-mediated transcriptional repression of p21(waf /cip ). Semaan A, Qazi AM, Seward S, Chamala S, Bryant CS, Kumar S, Morris R, Steffes CP, Bouwman DL, Munkarah AR, Weaver DW, Gruber SA, Batchu RB. Pharm Res. 2011 Dec;28(12):3079-90. doi: 10.1007/s11095-011-0547-x. Epub 2011 Aug 5. PMID: 21818714
16. Laser Capture Microdissection of Pancreatic Ductal Adeno-Carcinoma Cells to Analyze EzH2 by Western Blot Analysis. Qazi AM, Aggarwal S, Steffer CS, Bouwman DL, Weaver DW, Gruber SA, Batchu RB. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;755:245-56. PubMed PMID: 21761309.
17. Prognosis and reproducibility of new and existing binary grading systems for endometrial carcinoma compared to FIGO grading in hysterectomy specimens. Guan H, Semaan A, Bandyopadhyay S, Arabi H, Feng J, Fathallah L, Pansare V, Qazi A, Abdul-Karim F, Morris RT, Munkarah AR, Ali-Fehmi R. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2011 May;21(4):654-60. PubMed PMID: 21543931. 18. Genomic evolution in Barrett's adenocarcinoma cells: critical roles of elevated hsRAD51, homologous recombination and Alu sequences in the genome. Pal J, Bertheau R, Buon L, Qazi A, Batchu RB, Bandyopadhyay S, Ali-Fehmi R, Beer DG, Weaver DW, Shmookler Reis RJ, Goyal RK, Huang Q, Munshi NC, Shammas MA. Oncogene. 2011 Mar 21. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 21423218.
19. Expression of GLUT-1 in epithelial ovarian carcinoma: correlation with tumor cell proliferation, angiogenesis, survival and ability to predict optimal cytoreduction. Semaan A, Munkarah AR, Arabi H, Bandyopadhyay S, Seward S, Kumar S, Qazi A, Hussein Y, Morris RT, Ali-Fehmi R. Gynecol Oncol. 2011 Apr;121(1):181-6. Epub 2010 Dec 16. PubMed PMID: 21167567. 20. Anticancer activity of a broccoli derivative, sulforaphane, in barrett adenocarcinoma: potential use in chemoprevention and as adjuvant in chemotherapy. Qazi A, Pal J, Maitah M, Fulciniti M, Pelluru D, Nanjappa P, Lee S, Batchu RB, Prasad M, Bryant CS, Rajput S, Gryaznov S, Beer DG, Weaver DW, Munshi NC, Goyal RK, Shammas MA. Transl Oncol. 2010 Dec 1;3(6):389-99. PubMed PMID: 21151478; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3000464. 21. Sulforaphane induces cell cycle arrest by protecting RB-E2F-1 complex in epithelial ovarian cancer cells. Bryant CS, Kumar S, Chamala S, Shah J, Pal J, Haider M, Seward S, Qazi AM, Morris R, Semaan A, Shammas MA, Steffes C, Potti RB, Prasad M, Weaver DW, Batchu RB. Mol Cancer. 2010 Mar 2;9:47. PubMed PMID: 20196847; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2838815. 22. Ritonavir blocks AKT signaling, activates apoptosis and inhibits migration and invasion in ovarian cancer cells. Kumar S, Bryant CS, Chamala S, Qazi A, Seward S, Pal J, Steffes CP, Weaver DW, Morris R, Malone JM, Shammas MA, Prasad M, Batchu RB. Mol Cancer. 2009 Apr 22;8:26. PubMed PMID: 19386116; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2691728. 23. Impact of Sulforaphane, alone or in combination with paclitaxel, on cell growth, genome-wide expression profile, and genomic integrity in Barrett’s adeno-carcinoma cells. A. Qazi, K. B. Stark, R. B. Batchu, S. Chamala, C. S. Bryant, C. P. Steffes, D. G. Beer, D. W. Weaver, M. Prasad, M. A. Shammas. Journal of Surgical Research, Vol 151 (2), 252, 2009. 24. Intramolecular disulfide bonds of the prolactin receptor short form are required for its inhibitory action on the function of the long form of the receptor. Xie YL, Hassan SA, Qazi AM, Tsai-Morris CH, Dufau ML. Mol Cell Biol. 2009 May;29(10):2546-55. Epub 2009 Mar 9.
25. Telomere maintenance in laser capture microdissection-purified Barrett's adenocarcinoma cells and effect of telomerase inhibition in vivo. Qazi A (Co-first author), Shammas MA, Batchu RB, Bertheau RC, Wong JY, Rao MY, Prasad M, Chanda D, Ponnazhagan S, Anderson KC, Steffes CP, Munshi NC, De Vivo I, Beer DG, Gryaznov S, Weaver DW, Goyal RK.. Clin Cancer Res. 2008 Aug 1;14(15):4971-80.
26. Ligand-Independent Homo- and Hetero-Dimerization of Human Prolactin Receptor Variants: Inhibitory Action of the Short Forms by Heterodimerization. Aamer M Qazi, Chon-Hwa Tsai-Morris, and Maria L Dufau. Mol Endocrinol. 2006 Aug;20(8):1912- 23. Epub 2006 Mar 23.
27. Hypotensive effect of chemical constituents from Aloe barbadensis. Saleem R, Faizi S, Siddiqui BS, Ahmed M, Hussain SA, Qazi A, Dar A, Ahmad SI, Qazi MH, Akhtar S, Hasnain SN. Planta Med. 2001 Nov; 67(8):757-60. 28. Hypotensive, Hypoglycaemic and Toxicological studies on the Flavonol C-glycoside Shamimin from Bombax ceiba. Saleem R, Ahmed M, Hussain S A, Qazi A M, Ahmed S I. Qazi M H, Ali M, Faizi S. Akhter S, and Hasnain SN. Planta Medica 65 (1999) 33 1- 334.
29. Malaria vaccine Candidate: The nature of the carbohydrate-peptide linkage in the 42-53 KDa Glycoprotein: Nasir-ud-Din, Khalid Mehmood, Zahid Mehmood, Abbas H. Khan, Aamir M. Qazi, Mahmood H. Qazi, Ayaz A. Khan, Daniel C. Hoessli and E. Walker- Nasir. New Trends in Natural Product Chemistry, Harwood Academic Publishers. Pages 221-234, 1998. 4
30. Carbohydrate moiety of Plasmodium falciparum glycoproteins: the nature of carbohydrate-peptide linkage in the MSP-2 glycoprotein. Khan AH, Qazi AM, Hoessli DC, Torred-Duarte AP, Senaldi G, Qazi MH, Walker-Nasir E, Nasir-ud-Din. Biochem Mol Biol hit 1997 Oct;43(3):655-668.
31. Galactose residues in Plasmodium falciparum glycoproteins: Incorporation and elimination. Qazi MA, Senaldi G, Tacchini- Cottier F, Qazi MH, Fayyaz-ud-Din, Hoessli DC, Walker-Nasir E, Nasir-ud-Din.Aamer Qazi, M. H. Qazi, G. Senaldi, Fyyaz-ud-Din, E. Walker-Nasir, A. H. Khan, Nasir-ud-Din. Biochem Soc Trans. 1994 Aug;22(3):362S. 32. Isolation, purification, and characterization of Carcinoembryonic Antigens extracted from Rectal Carcinoma. Nasir, J., Qazi, M. H., Aamer Qazi. Pak Jou Zoo: 20(1), 13-25, 1988. NON HEC LIST
33. UNLEASHING APOPTOTIC ROLE OF NOVEL QUINOLINE, BENZAMIDE AND NAPHTHOQUINONE DERIVATIVES THROUGH PHARMACOINFORMATIC APPROACHES. MARIA FAREED SIDDIQUI1, USMAN MIRZA2, SARFRAZ AHMAD2, MEHMOOD HUSAIN QAZI2AND AAMER QAZI. IJBPAS, December, 2018, 7(12): 206*-****-**. Rate of G6PD deficiency in male population: A comparison between two methods. Umme-Hani, Zumar Hafeez, Muzammal Mateen Azhar, Aamer Mahmood Qazi and Nida Baig. New York Science Journal 2018;11(4). doi:10.7537/marsnys110418.10. 35. Development of Anti-Cancer Stem Cells as Theranostic Agents in the Treatment of Different Cancer Types: An Update. Arif Malik, Rabia Rasool, Saima Rubab Khan, Sulayman Waquar, Javed Iqbal, Syed Saeed Ul- Hassan, Mahmood Husain Qazi and Aamer Qazi, J Carcinog Mutagen 2017, 8:3, DOI: 10.4172/2157-2518.1000291. 36. Use of Magnetic Nanoparticles as Targeted Therapy: Theranostic Approach to Treat and Diagnose Cancer. Arif Malik, Tariq Tahir Butt, Sara Zahid, Fatima Zahid, Sulayman Waquar, Mahmood Rasool, Mahmood Husain Qazi, and Aamer Mahmood Qazi. Journal of Nanotechnology. Volume 2017 (2017), Article ID 1098765, 8 pages. https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/1098765. 37. Carbohydrate moiety of Plasmodium falciparum glycoproteins: the nature of carbohydrate-peptide linkage in the MSP-2 glycoprotein. Khan AH, Qazi AM, Hoessli DC, Torred-Duarte AP, Senaldi G, Qazi MH, Walker-Nasir E, Nasir-ud-Din. Biochem Mol Biol Int 1997 Oct;43(3):655-668.
NON PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS (2009-2013)
1. Impact of Sulforaphane, alone or in combination with paclitaxel, on cell growth, genome-wide expression profile, and genomic integrity in Barrettâ€™s adeno-carcinoma cells. A. Qazi, K. B. Stark, R. B. Batchu, S. Chamala, C. S. Bryant, C. P. Steffes, D. G. Beer, D. W. Weaver, M. Prasad, M. A. Shammas.Â J Surg Res, 151: 252, 2009 2. Impact of Sulforaphane, Alone or in Combination with Paclitaxel, on Cell Growth, Genome-Wide Expression Profile, and Genomic Integrity, in Barrett’s Adenocarcinoma Cells. A. Qazi, K.B. Stark, R.B. Batchu, S. Chamala, C.S. Bryant, C.P. Steffes, D.G. Beer, D.W. Weaver, M. Prasad, M.A. Shammas.Â J Surg Res, Vol. 151, Issue 2, Page 252, 2009 3. Expression of Mir-101 Inhibits Cell Growth and Proliferation by Down Regulation of EZH2 in PANC-1 Cells Both In Vitro and In Vivo. Ramesh B. Batchu, Aamer Qazi, Assaad Semaan, Sreedhar Chamala, Shelly Seward, Christopher P. Steffes, Masood A. Shammas, Donald W. Weaver. Gastroenterology. Volume 138, Issue 5, Supplement 1, Pages S-548-S-549, 2010 4. EZH2 Knock Down by Lentiviral shRNA Inhibits Pancreatic Ductal Adeno-Carcinoma Cell Proliferation In Vitro and Tumor Growth In Vivo. Ramesh B. Batchu, Aamer Qazi, Shelly Seward, Masood A. Shammas, Sreedhar Chamala, Assaad Semaan, Christopher P. Steffes, Donald W. Weaver.Â Â Gastroenterology. Volume 138, Issue 5, Supplement 1, Pages S-548, 2010 5. Anticancer Activity of a Broccoli Derivative, Sulforaphane, in Barrett’s Adenocarcinoma: Potential use in Chemoprevention and as Adjuvant in Chemotherapy. Aamer Qazi, Jagannath Pal, Ma’in Maitah, Mariateresa Fulciniti, Dheeraj Pelluru, Puru Nanjappa, Ramesh B. Batchu, Madhu Prasad, Christopher S. Bryant, Samiyah Rajput, Saem Lee, Kenneth C. Anderson, Sergei Gryaznov, David G. Beer, Donald W. Weaver, Nikhil C. Munshi, Raj K. Goyal, Masood A. Shammas.Â Gastroenterology Vol. 138, Issue 5, Supplement 1, Page S-500. 2010
6. Role of Recombinase (RAD51) in Ongoing Genomic Instability and Proliferation in Barrett’s Adenocarcinoma Cells. Jagannath Pal, Robert C. Bertheau, Leutz Buon, Aamer Qazi, Ramesh B. Batchu, Rouba Ali-Fehmi, Saem Lee, David G. Beer, Donald W. Weaver, Nikhil C. Munshi, Raj K. Goyal, Masood A. Shammas.Â Gastroenterology Vol. 138, Issue 5, Supplement 1, Page S-505. 2010 7. PI 3-Kinase Inhibitor (Wortmannin) Inhibits DNA Recombination, Genomic Instability, and Growth of Barrett’s Adenocarcinoma Cells. Jagannath Pal, Mariateresa Fulciniti, Leutz Buon, Aamer Qazi, Samir B. Amin, Ramesh B. Batchu, Saem Lee, David G. Beer, Kenneth C. Anderson, Donald W. Weaver, Nikhil C. Munshi, Raj K. Goyal, Masood A. Shammas.Â Gastroenterology Vol. 138, Issue 5, Supplement 1, Pages S-499-S-500, 2010
8. Relationship of miR-101 and targeted epigenetic silencing of EzH2 on cell growth and invasiveness in ovarian cancer cells. R. B. Batchu, A. Semaan, S. M. Seward, A. Qazi, S. Chamala, C. S. Bryant, C. Steffes, S. Kumar, M. A. Shammas, D. W. Weaver.Â J Cli n Oncol 28 (suppl; abstr e15538) 2010
9. B Cell Transduction of Capsid Mutant (Y730F) Adeno-Associated Virus-2 Vectors with Mage-A3 Gene for Immunotherapy of Colorectal Cancer. R.B. Batchu, A.M. Qazi, S. Seward, M. Haider, K. Khalil, A. Semaan, C. Steffes, P. Madhu, D.W. Weaver.Â Â J Surg Res, Vol. 158, Issue 2, Page 197, 2010
10. Epigenetic Silencing of EzH2 By RNA Interference As A Potential Therapy For Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma. R.B. Batchu, A.M. Qazi, A.Y. Semaan, S.M. Seward, S. Chamala, V.B. Dhulipala, C. David, C.S. Bryant, S. Kumar, C. Steffes, P. Philip, D. Bouwman, D.W. Weaver.Â Â J Surg Res, Vol. 165, Issue 2, Page 178, 2011 5
11. MicroRNA-101 (miR-101) Enhances Chemosensitivity of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma (PDAC) Cells By Inhibition of MTOR Signaling Via PRAS40. R.B. Batchu, O. Gruzdyn, A.M. Qazi, D. Bouwman, S.A. Gruber, D.W. Weaver.Â J Surg Res, Vol. 172, Issue 2, Page 233, 2012
12. MicroRNA-101 (miR-101) Promotes Expression of E-cadherin (E-Cad) By Relieving Epigenetic Repression in Epithelial Ovarian Cancer (EOC). R.B. Batchu, O. Gruzdyn, A.M. Qazi, A. Semaan, D. Bouwman, D.W. Weaver, S.A. Gruber.Â J Surg Res, Vol. 172, Issue 2, Pages 313-314, 2012
13. Negative Regulation of Mutant P53 by MicroRNA-101 (miR-101) in Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma (PDAC). R.B. Batchu, O. Gruzdyn, A. Qazi, S.T. Kung, D.W. Weaver and S.A. Gruber. Journal of Surg Res, Vol. 179, Issue 2, Page 341, 2013 PAPER PRESENTATION IN MEETING AND CONFERENCES
• Treatment of cancer cell line with AgNP and determination of subsequent alteration in gene and protein expression. Tayyaba Mobeen, Amina Mushtaq, Umme Hani, Muzammal Mateen Azhar, Rafia Khalid, Javaid Tahir, Rameez Hassan, Aamer Qazi. Second National Conference on Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences, Department of Bioinformatics, Hazara University. Dhodial, Mansehra, KP, Pakistan. August 09–11, 2018.
• 2. Anti-Cancer activity of Gold-Nanoparticles in Liver cell line. Muzammal Mateen Azhar, Umme-Hani,Amina Mushtaq, Rafia Khalid,Tayyaba Mobeen,Rameez Hassan,M.Javed Tahir, Aamer Qazi. Second National Conference on Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences, Department of Bioinformatics, Hazara University. Dhodial, Mansehra, KP, Pakistan. August 09–11, 2018.
• 3. Differential Gene Expression Analysis of Genes inducing Primary Hyperhidrosis using Microarray Data. Umme-Hani, Muzammal Mateen Azhar, Amina Mushtaq, Tayyab Mobeen, Rafia Khalid, M.Javed Tahir, Rameez Hassan, Aamer Qazi. Second National Conference on Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences, Department of Bioinformatics, Hazara University. Dhodial, Mansehra, KP, Pakistan. August 09–11, 2018.
• 4. Manifestation and depiction of Trastuzumab in baby hamster kidney cell line and its Anti-cancer activity. Rafia Khalid, Muzammal Mateen Azhar, Umme-hani, Tayyaba Mobeen, Amina Mushtaq, Rameez Hassan, Javed Tahir, Aamer Qazi. Second National Conference on Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences, Department of Bioinformatics, Hazara University. Dhodial, Mansehra, KP, Pakistan. August 09–11, 2018.
• 5. Depiction and overexpression of mir-126 in liver cancer and its anti-cancer activity. Amina Mushtaq, Memoona Zahra, Umme Hani, Tayyaba Mobeen, Mashmoom Suhail, Rafia Khalid, Muzammal Mateen Azhar, Rameez Hassan, Javaid Tahir, Aamer Qazi. Second National Conference on Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences, Department of Bioinformatics, Hazara University. Dhodial, Mansehra, KP, Pakistan. August 09–11, 2018.
• 6. Azam Ali, Hadia Rafique, Aamer Qazi, M. Saqib Shahzad,Farooq Sabir, Nazim Hussain, Rama Saleem, Rameez Hassan, Arif Malik . (2018). “In silico analysis of biallelic markers to find most discriminatory SNPs among populations for human identification”. Proceedings of Second National Conference on Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences (NCETBB-18) held at Hazara University Mansehra from August 9- 11, 2018.
• 7. Zil e Huma, Azam Ali, Aamer Qazi, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Shafiq Ahmad Tariq, Arif Malik (2018). “Biological Monitoring of BTX from Petrol Station Attendants using GC-MS for Forensic investigations” . Proceedings of Second National Conference on Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences (NCETBB-18) held at Hazara University Mansehra from August 9- 11, 2018. 8. Troponin T and cardiac enzyme levels since onset of chest pain in patients suspected of Acute Myocardial Infarction in Punjab, Pakistan. Aslam Hayat, Rameez Hassan, Rabia Tabassum, Javaid Tahir, Aamer Qazi. International Biennial Conference of Pakistan Society for Microbiology – 2017 (EIBC-PSM 2017) held on December 18, 19, 20, 2017 at Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan. 9. CORRELATION OF GENOTYPE PHENOTYPE OF MOST COMMOM MENTAL RETARDATION LOCI IN PAKISTAN HIGHLY INBRED FAMILY. Nur Tariq, Amna Asif, Rameez Hassan, Rabia Tabassum, Javaid Tahir, Aamer Qazi. International
• Biennial Conference of Pakistan Society for Microbiology – 2017 (EIBC-PSM 2017) held on December 18, 19, 20, 2017 at Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan. 10. Protective role of Curcumin and honey in Amikacin induced nephrotoxicity in mice model. Haider ali, Rabia Tabbasam, Rameez Hassan, Javaid Tahir, Aamer Qazi. International Biennial Conference of Pakistan Society for Microbiology – 2017 (EIBC-PSM 2017) held on December 18, 19, 20, 2017 at Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan.
• 11. Genetically Engineered Cancer Antigen with Cell Penetrating Domain (CPD) for Effective Immunotherapy. One day Seminar with Interactive and learning sessions, “Playing with Genes”. December 5th, 2017. Department of Allied Health Sciences, Superior University Lahore, 17-Km Raiwind Road, Lahore, Pakistan.
• 12. DC vaccination with modified MAGE-A3 to generate robust Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte (CTL) response. International Conference on Trends and Prospects in Molecular Biosciences. October 23-24, 2017 at Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
• Enhanced Ser9 Phosphorylation of P53 By mIR-26a Leading to Growth Inhibition of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma, R B Batchu,A M Qazi,O Gruzdyn, J Kaur, D W Weaver, A Gruber.. Abstract 18, 72nd Annual Meeting of the Central Surgical Association. Chicago, IL. March 6th, 2015.
• Enhanced Chemosensitivity of Ovarian Cancer Cells via EZH2 Knockdown and Down-regulation of mTOR. R. B. Batchu et al. 10th Annual Academic Surgical Congress. ASC20150715. February 5th, Las Vegas, NV, 2015. 6
• Enhanced Phosphorylation of p53 by miR-26a Leading to Growth Inhibition of Pancreatic Cancer. R B Batchu, PhD, O V Gruzdyn, BS, A M Qazi, PhD, J Kaur, MD, E M Mahmud, D W Weaver, MD, S A Gruber MD, PhD, MBA. VA research day poster presentations. May 22nd, 2015. VA Hospital, Detroit MI 48201, USA.
• Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201; John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, MI 48201. "Enhancer of Zeste Homolog 2 (EZH2) Knockdown Enhances Chemosensitivity of Epithelial Ovarian Cancer (EOC) Cells by Inhibition of mTOR Signaling Via PRAS40" for the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress, San Francisco, CA October 26-30, 2014.
• Characterization of the colorectal cancer risk associated COLCA2 gene at 11q23 locus. Aamer Qazi, Syed Zaidi, Vanya Peltekova, Lyndsey Hodgson, Mathieu Lemire, Brent Zanke, Aaron Pollett, Steven Gallinger, Thomas Hudson. 2013 Canadian Cancer Research Conference, November 3 - 6, 2013, 123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
• Novel colorectal cancer associated protein (COLCA1) linked to eosinophil crystalloid granules in the colonic mucosa. Aamer Qazi1, Vanya Peltekova, Mike Wang1, Syed H. E. Zaidi, Ryszard Bielecki, Mathieu Lemire, Marianne Rogers, Lyndsey Hodgson, Sasan Zandi, Colleen Ash, John E. Dick, Robert Gryfe, Brent W. Zanke, Aaron Pollett, Steven Gallinger, Thomas J. Hudson. 2013 Canadian Cancer Research Conference, November 3 - 6, 2013, 123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
• Common alleles at 11q23 confer immune protection against colon cancer. Aamer Qazi. Ontario Institute for Cancer Research Scientific Meeting, March 7-8, 2013. Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, Canada.
• Tumor microenvironment and genetic association with colorectal cancer risk. Qazi, A. Presented at the 62nd Annual Meeting of The American Society of Human Genetics, November 7, 2012 in San Francisco, California, USA.
• Tumor microenvironment and genetic association with, colorectal cancer risk, PeltekovaV, LemireM, Trinh Q, Qazi A, Bielecki R, HodgsonJensen, L, et al.. EJC. 2012;48 Suppl 5:S25.
• Lentiviral shRNA Mediated down Modulation of E2F-1 Augments Ritonavir Induced Apoptosis in Pancreatic Adeno-Carcinoma. Shammas, M; Prasad, M; Weaver, D; Qazi, A; Steffes, C. Abstract accepted for presentation at the 11th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Gene Therapy, May 28-June 1, 2008, at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA.
• Nelfinavir, an HIV-1 protease inhibitor, induces apoptotic cell death in Barrett’s esophageal adenocarcinoma cells and enhances antiproliferative activity of paclitaxel. Aamer Qazi, Masood A Shammas, Ramesh B Batchu, Christopher P