Jennifer Wilson, J.D.
Contract Attorney/Washington DC
July 2017 – Present
False Claims Act, FOIA Privilege Review, SIR DOJ Review, Antitrust matters, Canadian SIR Review, Sexual Discrimination review, Lantham Act review. Privilege, Quality Control, Second Pass Review experience.
1/2015 - March 2016 Zelle Title Springfield, IL
Conflicts Attorney/Business Analyst
● Create and implement best practice standards in order to ensure ethical compliance
● Analyze marketplace and pinpoint opportunities for growth
● Examine current marketing strategies and compare them to national and regional practices
● Determine and track ROI on both existing and proposed marketing plans
Ensure compliance with industry regulations.
● Create and implement new marketing plan, with a focus on long term growth, relationship building, digital strategy, and added value
7/11 – 9/2014 McDermott Will & Emery, Chicago, IL
Conflicts Attorney – Worked in a team of two to three attorneys handling all incoming new business and lateral hires for all McDermott offices worldwide.
● Communicate with attorneys and secretaries regarding conflicts searches and database issues; work with attorneys to clarify information and to resolve problems.
● Vetted conflicts of interest for attorney and lateral hires firm wide, devising and implementing
ethical walls, and screening client engagement letters, waivers, and business associate
agreements. Populated and maintained related databases.
● Communicated with staff at all levels firm-wide to ensure understanding of and compliance with Firm policies regarding conflicts of interest and ethical concerns and closely worked with the New Business Committee and the Professional Responsibility Committee to maintain and raise standards of compliance.
● Coordinate with Legal Recruiting to identify all potential lateral hires and assure complete
submissions of clients and adversities lists
● Establish individual conflicts parameters with laterals’ supervising partners and conduct full
● Maintain databases of parties’ lists for all potential lateral hires and revise as warranted in
conjunction with Client Intake Database Specialists
● Consult with partner members of the Professional Responsibility Committee and post appropriate screening restrictions for all laterals using the Lotus Notes PRC Screening Restrictions database
● Made recommendations to the New Business Committee and Professional Responsibility Committee regarding Firm Wide Best Practices and assisted with implementation
● Oversaw all incoming Engagement letters in order to ensure compliance with Firm Policy.
Implemented extensive review project to make sure older engagement letters were up to date with current policy
● Research new firm clients utilizing Corporate Affiliations (LexisNexis), DNBi Risk Management, Thomson Reuters Accelus, Wikipedia, and Google, notifying and working with the New Business Committee and the Professional Responsibility Committee to resolve any potential issues with new clients.
● Work extensively with accounting to raise revenue in regards to uncollected billings, bringing in several million dollars in collections
● Identify potential conflicts of interest concerning new business and assist attorneys in resolving them
● Created and implemented training program for new attorneys regarding client intake, engagement letter policy, and our conflicts process
3/11 – 7/11 Iron Gate Workforce, LLC, Chicago, IL
End User Trainer
● Training end users in significant rollout of new time and attendance software within a major US hospital group
3/09 – 3/11 Outsmart, Chicago, IL
Senior Staff Member, Team Leader Payments
● Inworld moderation of international social networking game with over 15 million registered users,
working with users of all age groups from around the world
● Overseeing a global staff of over 50 people, assisted with creation and implementation of team
● Created and put into place antiphishing procedures and pedophile reporting process, working with international police agencies to ensure the safety of our players
● Managing payments procedures and assisting paying customers directly with issues related to
● Creation of training program for in world volunteers, training of new team members
03/07 – 3/09 Independent Consultant, Chicago, IL
● Independent internet/IP focused marketing and legal consulting for companies such as Foodler.com, Sweetyhigh.com, and smallworlds.com
● Activities included extensive legal research, creation of complex legal documents such as NDA's, TOS, Privacy Policies, social networking strategy, growth, monetization and marketing solutions for web driven companies
03/06 – 10/07 LexisNexis, Chicago, IL
Litigation Solutions Specialist
● Teamed with AmLaw Top 100 Firms to develop and implement marketing and litigation best practices
● Secured new clients and help firms build new business while keeping existing clients
● Negotiated and secured multiple complex multiyear litigation solution contracts significantly growing business in my territory
● Conducted Business Reviews and Litigation Summits for AmLaw Top 100 firms to apprise them of contract benefits and demonstrated ROI
● Trained end users in use of LexisNexis Litigation Solutions products
● Worked closely with department heads and litigation practice groups to teach best practices in litigation
● Helped firms save time and money and retain clients while growing their practice
● Trained Library/Paralegal staffs in effective and time saving litigation research skills
● Created and presented CLE classes at AmLaw Top 100 firms
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, IL
J.D., Law 8/26-2000 – 5/24/2003
Columbia College Chicago, Chicago, IL
Member, Illinois Bar, Admitted 5/6/2004