Irvine, CA • 949-***-**** • email@example.com • www.linkedin.com/in/anasmughal/ TECHNOLOGY EXECUTIVE
Technology executive focused on delivering challenging and complex initiatives while building highly effective teams. At Nortridge Software, grew team and launched new financial products that increased revenue by $8M+/year. At Metagenics, set up software department and launched new eCommerce products generating review of ~$30M/year. At Experian, delivered previously-failed global DevOps projects – reduced software delivery costs by ~$2.5M/year. EXPERIENCE
Nortridge Software, Lake Forest, CA 4/2016 – Present Customizable loan servicing software for medium to large lenders. Estimated $200B loan portfolio is managed by Nortridge Software. VP Product Engineering and Delivery (acting COO)
Nortridge Software experienced rapid growth by acquiring new large enterprise clients. While reporting to the CEO, streamlined product development and launched new products/features that increased client acquisition by ~$8M+/year. Managed: 6 Teams and 35+ Direct Reports and Vendor Resources. Responsibilities
• Manage and grow technology staff (Dev/QA/DevOps/BA/PMs) and external vendors. Interviewing/Hiring/Firing.
• Responsible for product development and delivery of Desktop, APIs, Web and Mobile platforms.
• Streamline operations across entire company to ensure smooth delivery of software for licensed and SaaS clients. Achievements
• Delivered CORE product features that were critical in acquiring multiple new clients worth ~$4M each.
• Launched new RESTful web services platform that earned $2M+ deals with large enterprise clients.
• Converted a cost center to a revenue center by generating consulting revenue $300k+ in first year.
• Improved development and QA processes to bring defect rates to near-ZERO reducing risk/cost of production bugs.
• Shortened speed-to-market by automating DevOps functions & squeezing release schedule from 4-months to 3-weeks. Technologies: C++, C# (.net), SQL Server, Oracle, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Groovy, Gradle, Windows, AWS (EC2, DynamoDB) Metagenics, Aliso Viejo, CA 2/2015 – 1/2016
Metagenics is a leading researcher, manufacturer and distributor of medical foods and nutraceuticals. Annual Revenue: $400M (Operations in US, Canada, Europe, and Australia) Director of Web and Software Development
With steady business growth, Metagenics needed to establish an internal software development group to better manage development and maintenance of multiple e-commerce platforms. I set up a new software development group and brought development in-house. Responsibilities
• Own development and production operations (software and infrastructure) of 4 e-commerce platforms.
• Build and grow a new software development team by hiring technical staff and defining roles/responsibilities.
• Define and enforce software architecture, design, development, QA testing, and release best practices. Achievements
• Delivered new e-commerce initiatives that grew US business by $24M in first year.
• Launched Canadian e-Commerce with revenues of $6M+/year, while maintaining zero disturbance to US business.
• Saved $10+/month by stabilization and reducing production issues from 8-hours to ZERO downtime/month.
• Setup QA test automation (Robot) and scripted all server configurations (Ansible) to eliminate launch issues. Technologies: PHP, Java, MySQL, Robot Framework, Oracle, Ansible, Linux Anas Mughal mughal_402.doc Page 2 of 2
Experian Consumer Services (ECS), Costa Mesa, CA 4/2013 – 2/2015 Experian Consumer Services offers credit, financial and analytics applications to empower personal and business decisions. Annual Revenue: $1.4B / Staff: 400+ / Global Business and Teams Senior Manager (Acting Director), DevOps and Release Operations With rapid business and product growth globally, ECS needed to update and streamline software development processes and tools. With 5-year background in transforming/automating software development environments, I was selected to envision/define key global initiatives, secure leadership buy-in and execute delivery. Worked directly with VP-level leadership. Managed: 9+ Direct Reports & Matrix Resources (ZERO-attrition). Supported: 200 technology staff across 20 global teams. Responsibilities
• Managing, mentoring, and motivating team to deliver flawless results on tight and aggressive timelines.
• Partner with Engineering, IT, PMO, and QA to sell and execute DevOps and continuous delivery initiatives.
• Managed a distributed global services group while executing global projects with matrix resources and vendors. Key Achievements
• Saved ~$2M/year by delivering global automation initiatives across Infrastructure, Development, QA, and DevOps.
• Developed a sophisticated .NET build and release system (using open source tools) that optimized build and deployment times from 45min to 12min and reduced human-touch points from 5 to ZERO. Savings ~$500k/yr.
• Convinced software organization to adopt new branching/release strategy for 12 agile teams in a fast-paced weekly production release environment. New strategy streamlined launches & reduced rollback effort from 3 days to 2 hours. Technologies: C# (.net), SQL Server, Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Linux, Windows Thales, Irvine, CA 12/2010 – 4/2013
Thales is a leading manufacturer of In-Flight Entertainment systems for major domestic and international airlines. Managed: 4+ Direct Reports. Supported: 150 technology staff / 10 global teams. Software Services Manager
Managed Software Services group that is responsible for providing technical direction (process & tools) to ensure smooth development and delivery of all software projects at Thales leveraging internal and vendor resources.
• Led a global organization transformation from legacy C++ to state-of-the-art Android/Java development environment.
• Managed source code and branching practices for all global teams (150 developers) of 450 Git repositories.
• Saved over $1.5M/year by improving software development processes across all departments. Technologies: C++, Android, Linux, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Linux Bluenog, Piscataway, NJ – Technical Manager 2/2008 – 12/2010 Bluenog offered open-source-based integrated suite of Portal, CMS, BI products.
Tracking Configurations using Git” presentation – SCALE Linux Expo http://bit.ly/MeiJoP 2013 How to Move Fast with Git presentation – SoCal Code Camp 2012 JavaOne Conference, San Francisco, CA -- Presented to an audience of 500+ http://bit.ly/MVEkSy 2009 Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise Conference, Philadelphia, PA 2009 EDUCATION
Master of Applied Science (M. A. Sc.), Operations Research, TUNS, Halifax, Nova Scotia 1994 Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng.), Industrial Engineering, UPM, Dhahran 1991