Karen R. Christy
Highly skilled environmental surveyor and mapping analyst. Extensive knowledge in ecological systems and environmental processes. Formal education in geography/GIS and environmental science including weather/climate data interpretation, geospatial analysis, cartographic design, etc. Extensive hands-on experience in utilizing aerial/satellite imagery, datasets, python queries, and NGA collection standards. EDUCATION
2015-2017 Kennesaw State University Kennesaw, GA
2011-2014 Georgia State University Dunwoody, GA
Associates in Sciences
2018-Present LOWE ENGINEERS, LLC. Sandy Springs, GA Geospatial Analyst
• Editing/analyzing aerial and satellite imagery while working with ArcMap/ArcGIS/ESRI products and various geospatial data formats.
• Analyzing/processing raster and vector geospatial data (i.e. verify, change, add, and delete GFI points) within an AOI while meeting NGA collection standards.
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of mapping concepts and techniques while working independently under time constraints.
2016-2018 POOL MANAGEMENT SERVICES Roswell, GA
Pool & Spa Technician / Crew Leader and Shop Manager
• Developed specialized problem-solving methods and troubleshooting techniques, while managing shop equipment/book keeping employee use of shop materials.
• Independently oversee numerous commercial-pool contracts; resolve mechanical issues, balance pool chemistry, correlate info and responses to H.O.A. members directly.
• Responsible for training employees, creating/relaying performance reviews to supervisor, leading crew members to ensure daily itineraries are successfully met on time, and to customer’s approval. 2013-2016 PIKE NURSERIES Marietta, GA
Landscape Consultant / Horticulture Specialist
• Offer customers personalized garden solutions and general landscape consultation.
• Work closely with customers to create custom “pick-and-plant” gardening projects.
• Generate landscape-design proposals/quotes for “customer-unique” backyard projects. PERSONAL/SKILLS
• Experience in ArcGIS, ArcMap, ESRI, and NGA collection standards
• Familiarity with SQL and Python scripting languages
• Proficient in Google Earth Pro
• Proficient in geospatial analysis and GIS design
• Certified Storm Spotter for the NWS SKYWARN volunteer program