**** ***** ******, *** ********, Califonia 92673
Objective: Transitioning Navy Veteran with 5 years successful experience as a U.S. Navy Corpsman seeking new challenges
Summary of Qualifications:
Hospital Corpsman and Fleet Marine Corpsman with 5 years’ experience of demonstrating abilities to deliver results while working in one of the most demanding jobs in the navy. Key abilities include:
● BLS/AED ● Mentor to others ● Leadership Experience
● Respect of Authority ● Sensitive to Diversity ● Time Management
● Attention to Detail ● Extreme Self Discipline ● Adaptability Professional Experience:
United States Marine Corps- Camp Pendleton
Entripid Spirit TBI Clinic 2019
● Medical Assistant to 2 RNs and 4 social workers for the intake of patients to the TBI clinic.
● Ensured patients had vital signs taken and proper screening packet was completed.
● Performed 60 hours of data entry managing the Neurotract Traumatic brain injury tracking system for 95 patients which increased accuracy of diagnostic reports by 35 percent further reducing administrative time.
● Assisted with 10 high acuity patient intake appointments, scoring and reviewing medical history which aided in the creation of effective treatment goals.
● Performed vital signs for patients and administered 9 cranial electrotherapy stimulations which reduced reported chronic symptomology including headaches, anxiety and depression. Weapons Platoon T.R.A.P team medic 2018-2019
● Only Corpsman in team of 20 marines for the Tactical Recovery of Aircraft Personal missions and exercises for the 3rd Battalion 5th Marines
● Assigned to treat and care marines for any injuries or illnesses within the unit.
● Maintained the units Medical and Dental records to ensure medical readiness for deployment.
● Assisted 2 Medical officers in providing health care to 1200 marines and sailors attached to 3rd battalion 5th Marines. United States Naval Hospital- Yokosuka, Japan- Forward Deployed General Surgery Clinic 2016-2018
● Lead team of 3 corpsman under the supervision of 4 General Surgeons to perform clinical duties.
● Assisted Surgeons with Endoscopies, EGDs, and basic surgical procedures.
● Maintained the supplies and equipment and ordered the medications required for the clinic to operate.
● Provided clinical, surgical, and administrative assistance to 4 surgeons providing care for 7,500 patients annually. This includes 62 minor surgical procedures, 22 dressing changes, 230 polypectomies and 127 esophagogastroduodenoscopies.
● Reprocessed 17 endoscopes post surgery weekly to meet command and Joint Commission infection control standards.
● As a Customer Service Representative, received and coordinated response for all ICE comments submitted on behalf of the department.
● As Supply Petty Officer, I was responsible for the ordering of medical supplies with a $19k budget and maintained 4 storage areas holding
$3.2M of equipment with supplies.
● Facilitated 60+ hours of dedication to training new department personnel while overseeing their work progress.
Labor and Delivery Ward/ Postpartum 2015-2016
● Assisted RNs, Doctors and Mid Wives with the delivery process of newborn babies.
● Assisted with emergency treatment, patient assessment care, transport, recording and documenting, and routine medical care.
● Operated medical equipment such as EKG, AED, BP, Cuff, Suction devices and O2 tanks.
● Assisted in 24 caesarean sections, 30 circumcisions, and delivered over 100 babies with continuum postpartum care.
Milford High School
Training and Certifications:
● Advancement to Petty Officer 3rd Class of the US Navy
● Tactical Combat Casualty Care
● BLS/AED Certified through the American Red Cross
● HIPPA and Privacy Act Certified through the Defense Health Agency
● Fleet Marine Force Course
● Emergency Preparation Response Operator
● US Navy Corpsman A-School
San Antonio, TX
● Field Medical Care Battalion
Camp Pendleton, CA
● Combat Trauma Medical Training and Sick Call Screeners Camp Pendleton, CA
● National Defense Service Ribbon
● Global War on Terrorism
● Overseas sea service (3x)
● 4 Years good Conduct Ribbon
● Sharpshooter Pistol Award
● Fleet Letter Of Commendation Award for Service at USNH Yokosuka Japan