• Worked on continuous improvement projects in engineering and production line by utilizing lean manufacturing tools
• Strong team building skills to collaborate and manage members from different functional areas
• Experienced in Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of reports in the manufacturing domain
• Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills. Ability to communicate effectively and interact professionally with co-workers, customers and management
Master of Science in Industrial Engineering - University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) (GPA: 3.40/4.0) August 2017 – May 2019 Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering – Savitribai Phule Pune University, India June 2012 - May 2016 Coursework: Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Time Series and Forecasting, Operations Research, Data Science Technical Skills and Certificates
Industrial Skills: Six sigma (DMAIC), MRP, BOM, Lean manufacturing tools (5S, Root cause analysis), Method Analysis, Kaizen, Kanban, 5 whys, Fishbone Diagram, 8Ds, Poka Yoke, Value stream mapping, Process flow chart, Statistical process control Programming Languages: Python (Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, matplotlib, scikit-learn), Lingo, SQL, R Tools: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), ERP- SAP, Database Management System (DBMS) Warehouse Management System (WMS), Minitab, Tableau, Advanced Excel - VBA Macros, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, MS Access, LP, Power BI Certifications: Six Sigma: Green Belt (License Number: 2759-22239)
Industrial Engineer (Larsen Manufacturing LLC) – Mundelein, Illinois May 2018 – April 2019
• Facilitated continuous improvement projects oriented towards production and inventory control processes with an aim to increase capacity by utilizing lean manufacturing concepts.
• Optimized tool storage space by implementing lean 5S methodology on tool storage tower to facilitate tool search process. Helped save around 18% of the tool storage space and 30% increase in the machine set-up time
• Act as project lead on quality improvement project (QIP) for the third largest COPQ customer with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers. Responsible for updating control plans based on quality alerts. Prepared 8D reports for the rectification of quality issues.
• Attained 20% increase in the process efficiency by conducting time studies and comparing the actual process rate with the ERP
(JobBOSS) generated production run rates. Completed the project on-time, on-scope, and cost savings up to $20K.
• Assemble matrixed cross-functional team members compromised of quality assurance, production, operations to gather data, analyze and indicate factors contributing to maximize overall productivity.
• Facilitated on-time delivery of quarterly reports with a 93% on-time delivery by streamlining existing process and coordinating open communication with customer and project team
• Analyzed ERP generated employee efficiency reports to verify daily employee performance based on the comparison of actual work with the scheduled production process rate. Prepared ERP based production templates to update production run-rate
• Quality Management System (QMS) – Evaluation of performance with incoming, in-process and final audit inspections and final audit inspections and PPAP process elements.
• Responsible for handling and creation of non-conformance reports, disposition NC materials/products/parts and COPQ via Unipoint.
• Product assurance planning (PPAP, FAI’s, Control Plans, Process Capabilities Studies, FMEA’s) and coordination of interplant activities. Performed process capabilities studies using Measurement System Analysis and prepared GR&R reports.
• Worked on JobBOSS (ERP) to update the daily production templates and reports of various products for fabrication division customers
Production Planner (Kavach Engineers) – Pune, India June 2016 – April 2017
• Defined production line strategies for easy product flow, streamline production schedules, eliminate redundant processing steps and increasing production efficiencies by 30%
• Worked alongside corporate supply chain team to ensure optimal measure of product demand while achieving maximum service level within the sector. Implemented Two-bin Kanban system to facilitate Inventory Management and avoid stock-out
• Devised a plan to incorporate process management in the manufacturing processes and established checkpoints on work-in-progress to guarantee accuracy of work performed
• Developed demand forecast at multiple stages of production for different time periods, as a part of 2 weekly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly product demand planning. Developed reports for backlogs, unplanned work and rework orders
• Prepared and maintained production reports, purchase orders, delivery schedule orders, material shortage reports and personnel records. Assisted in planning and completion of rubber molding press machine performance improvement projects