Scott E. Fiske
Palm Bay, FL. 32909
SKYPE – scott.e.fiske
SKYPE Phone – 001-727-***-****
I bring Twenty-five years of Manufacturing Engineering/Operations experience including 16 years of progressively responsible success managing and motivating salary and hourly level employees to their fullest capacity and capabilities. Experienced in circuit board manufacturing, system integration, and final assembly. A hands-on, "roll your sleeves up" working leader with a strong statistical process, data, KPI, lean driven approach in exceeding the highest quality and customer satisfaction requirements. Senior technology and process development leader with a proven record of success in World Class technical and operational performance and execution. Experience leading high visibility projects at Global, Regional, and site levels. Known as a highly technical, competent, fair, and dependable leader with strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
Specialties: Expertise in team leadership, lean manufacturing, six sigma, continuous quality improvement, NPI
(Phase Gate), and successful change management. Expert in process level SMT, PTH PCB manufacturing, Box build, system integration, final assembly and Lean deployment. All within a diverse and wide range of business sectors to include defense, aerospace, medical, industrial, computing, consumer product lines. I am available for an interview at your request, feel free to contact me at the above Telephone number(s). I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Scott E. Fiske
Scott E. Fiske
1811 Amberwood Dr. SE
Palm Bay, FL. 32909
SKYPE – scott.e.fiske
SKYPE Phone – 001-727-***-****
Sr. Operations/Manufacturing Engineering Leader - Manufacturing Engineer Level 5 Palm Bay, FL
March 2018 to April 2019
• Sole Sr. OPS/MFG. ENGR Support for Electronics Warfare/Combat Apertures Division consisting of seven active programs in various levels of design and maturity. $185M annual revenue. Includes deliverable and non-deliverable hardware, and IRAD products and technology development activities surrounding RF, Array, Aperture, Ground structure product lines.
• Supported Electronics Warfare Program Offices in capturing new business by preparing BOE proposal estimates for labor, tooling, travel, capital etc. and then defending those estimates to Program Management and Government Customers as required.
• Coordinated production builds between multiple facilities across the Palm Bay campus to ensure aggressive schedules were being met all while keeping key stakeholders routinely informed.
• Other responsibilities included establishing and maintaining a rigorous make or buy plan, site capability assessments, assembly drawing reviews, BOM review and structures, performing and presenting trade studies to increase base, working with Tool Designers and managing Program requirements, Engaging Production Operations Managers and factory support staff to ensure manufacturing/production and tooling efforts were being prioritized and executed appropriately which includes developing the strategy and schedule behind the manufacturing execution plans, and any other program related manufacturing or tooling issues that may arise.
• Responsible for CCA/Hardware design validation, DFM, manufacturing producibility, and all standards compliance.
• Researched the direct effects of solder joint interface voiding pertaining to RF performance. Concluded study of 50 ghz or above requiring 1% or less and the capital/sytems required to achieve this target.
• Bridge the gap from design into production ensuring all PDR, CDR technical gates are completed prior to introducing single string (NPI) and production level activity kick off.
• Large system integration, end unit weights ranging from 600# - 2800#
• Justified and Led Trade Study implementing robotic soldering to replace manual soldering of 50" X 48" aperture elements consisting of 1900 solder joints per unit. Today take 11 days to complete, target robotic times will be 3.5 hours. Project completion date 03/19.
• Another leading edge technology Trade Study I led was the automated placement and staking of preforms to GPO connectors. Current manual method is manual syringe applications to 384 GPO's, total time for one module is 4.3 days. Automated placement and cure projected at 2.1 hours. Oct/18 fully implemented across my product lines. Similar programs will apply as a best practice lean objective. General Dynamics Land Systems
Sr. Principal Engineering Specialist
01/2015 – 03/2018
• Responsible for all CCA manufacturing/process engineering requirements, present, past, future
• Directly support the programs office for all new product developments in support of Abrams ECP contract.
• Developed and implemented CCA level technology roadmaps whereas none existed.
• Successfully implemented stencil aperture design standards that I have developed over the last 15 years supporting as many as 100+ large size CEM Customers, Cisco, IBM, Sun to name a few. These aperture designs increased yields by as much as 40% on some programs utilizing QFN, BGA, CBGA, QFP component land patterns. Bringing first pass yields into the mid to upper 90% ranges.
• Evaluated and implemented new RMA based solder pastes.
• Justified through ROI and Successfully implemented SPI in a manufacturing environment that had not previous utilized any form of solder paste inspection other than visual.
• Standardized the batch wash process, stencil cleaning, underside wipe process by evaluating and implementing efficient cleaning chemistries.
• Justified, Evaluated, negotiated and implemented 2D/3D CT Axi.
• Direct programming of all SMT/PTH automated systems. MPM, Vi-Technologies, Siemens, BTU, Yestech, GE, Ace/Juki.
• Ongoing projects set for FY 2016, implementing Valor DFM software, additional Siemens systems to comply with high part count assemblies set to be developed in Q1/2 2016, purchasing and implementing duel nozzle selective solder systems.
MTEQ Corp. EMS / CM
Division Vice President, Manufacturing Services
06/2013 - 04/2014
• Divisional ProfitandLossresponsibilityfor3profitcenters (sites) to include, PCBA, Cable & Assy., Precision Machining. Overall divisional annual revenue $21M.
• Assumed a division that had posted losses the previous 2 quarters in excess of $1.2M operating loss, shipping
$4M revenue. Inventory levels at $1.7M, and an aging backlog of $6M, 75% past due.
• Developed three year strategy plan including AOP for Manufacturing Services Division.
• Initiated long-term strategic planning and establishing a technology roadmap for equipment and facilities improvement that supported the growth objectives of the strategic plan and achieve the metrics identified in AOP.
• Although the Quality system had been considerably neglected prior to my on boarding, was able to strengthen the system through an effective quality leadership approach resulting in successful 2013 ISO and AS9100 audits and certifications.
• Established a cost competitive and profitable Manufacturing Divisionby monitoring and managing Profit & Loss for Operations division level, and within each business segment.
• Strengthened Management Team through Leadership, supervision, training and mentoring of mid-level managers and staff
• Continuously Improved Management Systems and Internal Controls by developing and implementing policies, procedures and work instructions along with process audits and scorecards to ensure that MTEQ processes were executed within context of controls and closed loop systems.
• Posted profits 6 weeks after assuming P/L ownership via implementation of a Factory Focused Leadership approach.
o Aligning OH to backlog and quarterly revenue forecasts. o Implemented new MRP system ensuring supply chain/procurement functions and accuracy. o Inventory burn down to acceptable $600K consistent level. o Utilizing MRP in Sales order driven scheduling of Materials and Production requirements o Implemented shop floor control real time WIP tracking, shortening manufacturing lead times from 26 day average to less than 5 days, metric - work order drop to finished goods.
• Developed Capacity Analysis tool that effectively Identified SMT PCB level capacity constraints and component placement capabilities. Conducted Supplier Evaluations which included Panasonic, Samsung, Yamaha, Mydata, Universal equipment sets. Upon evaluation of technologies, negotiated cost down of equipment through Global relationships that had been established over the last 15+ years. Securing (2) Universal Fusion lines at a 48% overall discount, 2 year bumper to bumper warranty coverage, 2 year maintenance service, lifetime software upgrades, lifetime 35% discount for all follow up purchases, feeders, tables, nozzles, spare parts, consumables.
• Implemented a LEAN Manufacturing floor level “Supermarket” (Kan Ban) approach for core manufacturing areas.
• Progressively grew profit margins to 6% ceiling in 8 months, within an overall declining revenue environment.
• Biggest challenge was each cost center (site) had a single customer base representing over 90% of revenue. For PCB Assy, this Customer phased out due to poor prior quality and OTD performance, cable and box was Govt. services dependent, with brief contract wins that ended quickly, and precision machining was 98% one Customer with business moving to India. No sales support nor pipeline activities provided for Manufacturing Services Division from ownership level. Overall Division revenue declined from $21M annually to $5.2M, triggering Corp wide downsizing.
Dish Network/Echostar Corp.
Global Manufacturing Manager
08/2012 – 6/2013
• Lead, develop, and maintain an effective Global Manufacturing Engineering, Operations leadership team.
• Working with Global CM’s and respective site leadership Teams to continuously improve Product Quality, business unit strategy and results to maximize profitability, Dish Network customer satisfaction, and employee satisfaction.
• Continuously improving and developing organizational capabilities through effective performance management and planning/utilization of human and capital resources.
• Globally driving DFM, DFX, and MX (manufacturing excellence) improvements throughout our CM’s. Developed and have implemented robust Phase Gate NPI Process to meet and exceed internal Engineering Expectations. Ensuring smooth NPI to sustaining production transfers, meeting or exceeding short time to market timelines dictated by the Satellite Industry.
• Globally drove various standard Metrics to improved levels, OTS from 64% to 95%, Lead Time from 78% to 92%, Yields from 76% to 97% worldwide.
• Successfully lead and launched multiple new product introductions across multiple CEM’s (Jabil, Sanmina, Tiger), in multiple Global locations, (Shanghai, Suzhou, Wuxi, Pune India, Brazil, Ukraine, Mexico).
All Asia Regional Sr. Manager Operations Development – Manufacturing Engineering 11/09 – 10/2011
• Regional Leadership for Asia ME organizations. To include sites located in Malaysia (2), (P1, P2), China (3 HUA, SHA, Wuxi), Pune India, Ho Chi Minh Vietnam, Japan, and Singapore.
• Provide business, technical, process expertise and consultative services for All Asia Region.
• Driving Lean/ME Maturity as a Region and specifically at the site level using Engineering driven Kaizen Blitz approach to improve Regional priority metrics such as OEE, OLE, capacity planning, reducing CAPX forecast and cost of capital, productivity/quality improvements.
• Established Regional continuity through monthly Asia Regional ME Reviews and Maturity Metrics implementation, better supporting Best Practice proliferation, LMS, SME development, GOS strategy, and shared lessons learned.
• Have increased Regional overall OEE metrics by 3+% quarter over quarter resulting in lower Regional Capital Requirements/Expenditures and subsequent cost savings/reductions.
• Responsibility for leading key strategic global/regional initiatives and in improving our level of service to our Customers.
Flextronics International (Global Operations), Charlotte NC Sr. Director of Operations/Business Excellence Leader (Lean) 06/08 – 08/09 (Position Eliminated due to declining revenues at the site qtr. over qtr. From $300M to $25M qtrly)
• No lean participation was had for several years at Charlotte site. Re-energized Lean at the site level. Implementing Lean Maturity trackers, site Yokoten, Jidoka, SGA’s and weekly Gemba walks with Sr. Staff. Set achievable goals for Kaizen events with target participation across all organizations.
• Championed Lean Factory transformation Kaizen significantly improving material/product flow, visual factory, line of site, and reducing Manufacturing Lead Times. Six month Kaizen with 4 active kaizen teams involved that saved Site $900K annually, straight to bottom line OP on the P/L. Drove down aged WIP quarter over quarter achieving/meeting corporate targets. Aged WIP over 30 days was at $12.5M for Q1/09, exiting Q4/09 level was at $200K. This allowed for significant releases to occur that were previously being held on balance sheet quarter over quarter.
• Consistently managed fixed cost correlating to downward and low forecast revenue, quarter over quarter. Achieving Best Practice status for Americas region in several key areas such as D/L spend, Operating Expenses, and energy costs.
Sanmina-Sci Corp., Defense and Aerospace Huntsville AL. Sr. Director of Operations/Engineering
08/05 – 08/08
• Successfully lead several 2007 Global Corporate Capital Evaluations/Implementations to include Solder Paste Inspection, 2D/3D X-Ray, and Selective Solder. Following these 3 month evaluations Koh Young for SPI, Phoenix 3D X-Ray and Ersa for selective solder, systems were justified via Financial ROI’s and process’s fully implemented.
• Responsible for 9 SMT Production lines, 7 Day 24/7 shift Manufacturing/Operations in support of $325M annual revenue in a Defense and Aerospace business/manufacturing environment. Common Cell and dedicated cellular approach.
• Assumed ownership of operations performing in the 4-8% utilization range and 50-60% efficiency. Beginning in the stockroom and kitting process and working lean activities through out the factory utilization was increased to 22%, and efficiencies to a stable 85%.
• Prepared, managed and justified $10-12M Annual Capital budgets.
• Operations Management responsibility of 1400 direct/indirect organization.
• Developed and lead manufacturing/operations projects/plans to support corporate strategic goals.
• Developed strategies and allocation for resources to meet financial and production commitments, through cost containment, and efficient utilization of staff.
• Fostered a collegial and team-oriented environment, highly capable of motivation and inspiring others to achieve outstanding results.
• Established/Managed Capital/Resource driven Capacity plans to support continued business growth.
• Solidified relationships with suppliers, distributors, direct customers and facilities to evaluate performance, understand trends and needs of the CM Military market.
• Responsible for all areas of production management, including quote review, cost recommendation and approval, P&L responsibilities, budgetary requirements, MRP/ERP, purchasing, scheduling, personnel justification, Capacity, training, customer relations, on time delivery.
• Eliminated solder balls from the No Clean SMT process by implementing standards for stencil apertures. First year labor savings based on volumes was in excess of $900K. Honeywell ACS-ECC, Golden Valley, MN.
Operations/Engineering Global Leader New Product Development 11/03 - 8/05
• Operations/Engineering Leader for New Product Development Center supporting Honeywell ACS/ECC products. CCA's, Box, plastics, and electro-mechanical assemblies. Supporting 5-15 new product introductions quarterly across multiple product platforms and business units.
• Developed Standardized processes and capital equipment across world wide factories.
• Developed robust NPI entry and exit requirements, including process/procedures. Utilizing six sigma philosophies, and multi discipline Quality team approach. Green belt project using all tool sets and formal measurement methods. PTAP and TAP was adopted by multiple Honeywell Divisions as the standard tool for NPI Development and transfer into Production in Factories located in Czech Republic, Tianjin PRC, Shenzhen PRC, Juarez MX, Chihuahua MX, and Tijuana MX.
• Worked closely with the Union Bargaining Unit to structure contract for NDS/NPI employees and expectations.
Hewlett Packard, Houston TX.
PCA Technology Manager (Asia)
04/03 - 11/03 (Corp./Department wide Layoff)
• Managed key ODM/CM suppliers located in China, Korea, and Taiwan. Developing Corporate Assessment tools. Conducting factory assessments, which included quality and process Audits. Developing strong relationships among key Asian suppliers in PSG (Notebook, Server, Handheld, and Desktop) suppliers Quanta, Compal, Ausus, and Inventec.
• Identified multiple critical process areas in need of significant improvement within each supplier and facility.
• Mentored Asian engineering staffs in continuous process improvement and control strategies to correct these insufficient processes.
• Mentored engineering staffs on design development process and flow, initiating continuous process improvement and control strategies and implementation of Quality Control Policies and Procedures.
• Sole Manufacturing/Process engineer supporting commercial/consumer notebook, server, desktop, handheld ODM/CM products and suppliers. Responsible for multiple new product introductions and sustaining engineering functions with as many as 25 product responsibilities at any given time.
• Performed DFX/DFM activities for new and production volume assemblies, developing a DFM/DFX violation/non-compliance cost indicator and reporting tool.
• Core member for Corp. PB-Free implementation team. Supporting Notebook suppliers in lead free technologies and process development.
Mack Technologies Inc., Westford Mass.
Process Engineering Manager,
11/00 - 11/02 (Layoff)
• Ability to Identify and solve SMD and PTH placement and solderability defects, significantly increasing overall ICT, FAT1, 2, yields and maintaining less than 100 PPM defect levels, in high mix SMD/PTH manufacturing environment’s.
• Increased departmental efficiencies 30% to 145%, through Procurement analysis, Standards development and measurements, Array designs, Implementation of Advanced and Emerging technologies, Operator training and awareness.
• Evaluate and analyze cost of new concepts and techniques, disciplines or applications for the manufacturing process. Justifying, and implementing cost reduction opportunities.
• Developed and improved Surface Mount board assembly processes and techniques for new and current Products, allowing manufacturing to meet On Time Delivery, Efficiency, quality, reliability, and cost goals.
• Established and have Maintained, strong working relationships with equipment manufacturers and representatives, such as Electovert, MPM, Siemens, Genrad, GPD, Cencorp, Mydata, Panasonic, IRI, Photo Etch, and others, limiting production delays associated with equipment failures, minimizing downtime through maintenance support and response time.
• Standardization of assembly operations based on best practices, common equipment and materials, Vendor selection, qualification, management of key equipment and consumable suppliers.
• Design and Justification of assembly lines, equipment, tools and fixtures to effectively produce the required variety of products, meeting both targeted cycle times and delivery objectives.
• Provided technical leadership for the development and design of SMT/Wave soldering manufacturing processes, identifying key manufacturing variables that affect product and process quality. Provided Technical assistance and Training to manufacturing personnel aiding in resolving problems relating to the manufacturing process.
• Developed plans for process implementation: identification and procurement of equipment suited for the process volume, lines configuration, installation, programming, and startup, including developing ISO compliant processes.
• Conducted, justified, and implemented A, B, C, analysis, by which SMT components were classified by cost, procured at certain safety stocking levels, eliminating parts shortages, minimizing set-up times, reducing changeovers, assuring on time delivery schedules were met.
• Eliminated wave/ hand soldering through pin in paste development and applications. Successfully implemented process on multiple assemblies in high mix, high volume assembly environment.
• Reduced SMT lines Cycle times and PPM levels through panel and stencil design, decreasing cost per placement, and D/L charges.
ABB-Ascom Energy, Palm Coast FL.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
02/1997 – 10/2000
Flowers Industries, Villa Rica GA. /Sarasota, FL.
Materials Manager (Bakeries)
01/1994 – 02/1997
Albany State University, 1979-1982 Electrical Engineering/Business Management Statistical Process Characterization
Advanced Problem Solving
Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Total Quality Management
IPC A610 Trainer Certified
Various Industry related PAC’s and Tutorials