Rohan Gosalia +1-206-***-**** email@example.com
Mechanical Design Product Development www.linkedin.com/in/rohansgosalia I design and develop solutions for engineering problems at a material handling equipment company. I have successfully implemented novel methods to integrate and enhance the design and manufacturing processes. Software Skills
• SolidWorks • AutoCAD • Ansys • Abaqus • PDM Vault • CSWA
• Simulation • E2 (ERP) • CATIA V5 • Inventor • MS Office • MATLAB Work Experience
Mechanical Design Engineer, Automation Dynamics LLC (H1b-Certified) January 2018 – Current
- Responsible for Product Development and Management for chemical delivery system.
- Interfacing with the electrical, design, production leads to validate, optimize designs.
- Communicating designs with customer to meet desired specifications and requirements.
- Maintaining manufacturing lists to track progress of multiple projects and deadlines. Tools utilized:
- SolidWorks : Sheet Metal, Weldments, Design Analysis, DXF, Simulation Express
- AutoCAD : Plant Layout, Equipment Footprint, Electrical and Plumbing layouts
- Excel : Project Progress, Purchased Hardware and Equipment Cost Analysis
- E-2 SS : Updating Data, Tracking sub-assemblies and hardware information Highlights:
- Developed a novel system for design and drafting teams to reduce errors by 15%.
- Complete redesign of equipment supports to optimize layout and reduce cost.
- Implementing industrial standards to the plumbing and electrical layouts. Mechanical Engineering Intern, Robodub Inc. March 2017 – November 2017
- Designed and fabricated the gear drive system for morphing drones.
- Manufactured components by laser cutting, milling and drilling.
- Selected and tested of servos, motors, propellers and configuration of the drones.
- Drone won DoD $20,000 funding and invitation for collaboration with the agency. Graduate Research Assistant, UW BioRobotics Lab August 2016 – March 2017
- Developed and set up experimental test rig for the fatigue analysis of the cords.
- Analysis of experimental and theoretical data through graphs.
- 3-D printed the sensor fixtures and other support structure for the test setup.
- Manufactured various shaft components by machining with lathe, mills and drills. Projects
Design and Prototyping of a Flexible Metal Air – Battery, SPEED Lab January 2016 – June 2016
- Prototyped the battery using methods of additive manufacturing and blade coating.
- The purpose of the battery is for powering medical devices such as hearing aid.
- The battery supplied power for approximately 15 minutes at adequate voltage. Design of an Improved Rollator, Infinity Rehab January 2016 – March 2016
- Successfully pitched the design of a modified walker for the elderly population.
- Under the guidance of a healthcare professional, I led the team right from the Needs Finding phase to the Critical Design phase of the modified walker.
- Modelled the walker including the chassis and a braking system. Education
University of Washington, Seattle October 2015 – March 2017 M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
K.J. Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, Mumbai August 2011 – June 2015 B.E. in Mechanical Engineering Distinction