Melita Benning MBA,BSN,RN **** Lake Pinkston Dr. Richmond,TX 77406
email@example.com 713-***-**** (mobile)
MBA – Health Care Administration, Our Lady of the Lake, Houston, TX, December 2000
BS – Nursing, Texas Woman’s University, Houston, TX, December 1989
Award: Cum Laude of Distinction – 1995
Licensure: Registered Nurse – State of Texas
11/2015-02/2018:Houston Methodist West Hospital
• 80 FTE-daily management of RN,Scrub Tech,Anesthesia Tech and Patient Nurse Assistants
• Supply chain management-managing resources
• Preparing and Participation in DNV accreditation survey
• Strategic Planning in OR expansion
• Infection Control Monitoring and Prevention
• Budget evaluation of assets and liabilities
08/2015 – Present: Encompass, Houston, TX
Clinical Nurse- Perioperative Services
• Preoperative assessment.
• Postoperative/Recovery Nurse.
• Health Educator.
• Financial Verification.
09/2007 – JULY 2014: Memorial Hermann, Katy, TX
Clinical Manager II- Surgery
• Supervision of OR, Anesthesia Tech, and Sterile Processing Staff.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the OR.
• Strategic planning of additional space and services for the OR.
• Collaboration with multidisciplinary team.
• Implementation and Coordinator of Intuitive Da Vinci Robot
01/2006 – 08/2007: West Houston Medical Center
Nurse Manager – Surgery
• Supervision of the OR, Anesthesia, PACU and Sterile Processing
• Plans, organize, direct and evaluate staffing needs per specialization of the OR schedule.
• Participate in budget preparation toward provision of adequate personnel, supplies and equipment.
• Scrub and circulate.
1981 – 01/2006: U.T.M.D Anderson Cancer Center
12/04 – 01/2006 – P.C. Nurse Manager – Ambulatory Surgery Center
• Manage the overall operations of 3 new units: Pre-Op Holding, PACU, and Short Stay
• Plan and direct implementation of cost containment initiatives.
• Monitor and evaluate the utilization of the new short stay unit.
• Participate in strategic planning of additional short stay space.
04/04 – 12/04 – Ad Interim Clinical Administrative Director – Cancer Prevention Center
• Administrative and clinical oversight of the operations in Cancer Prevention Center.
• Participated in budget planning and development.
• Strategic planning of new CPB & ACB buildings.
• Evaluation of business plan for various programs in the center.
1998 – 2004 – Clinical Nurse Navigator – Cancer Prevention Center
• Implementation of the New Undiagnosed Breast Program.
• Management of daily operations.
• Oversight of patient flow management.
• Selection, counseling, training, supervision, and evaluation of clerical and support staff
• Maintenance of insurance authorization and verification processes.
1990 – 1998 – Clinical Nurse – Surgery
• Charge nurse in the Ambulatory Surgery Center including oversight of case load, patient flow management, and coordination of staff and physicians.
• Preceptor for the R.N. and the Surgical Technician in the OR
• Conscious Sedation Nurse monitoring the patients receiving local anesthetic.
• Senior call nurse for multiple services.
1988 – 1989 – Surgery Student Intern
1983 – 1988 – Pharmacy Technologist – Inpatient Pharmacy
1981- 1982 Unit Clerk – Gyn