Outreach Management Group • Frisco, TX • August 2016-July 2019
• Senior Regional Manager. Provide leadership and direction to the clinical operations team overseeing multiple hospital clinical laboratories including testing, lab quality systems, pre and post analytics. Responsible for ﬁ nancial management, productivity, quality and service, strategic planning, continuous improvement, staff development and management, procedures, and developing and implementing new services. 4D Laboratory • Mesquite, TX • October 2015-August 2016
• Laboratory Manager. Oversaw transition of ownership and location change of reference lab while serving more than 50+ clients ensuring quality and compliance of results. Actively involved in billing and collecting outstanding debt.
Medical and Surgical Clinic of Irving • Irving, TX • March 2012-October 2015
• Laboratory Manager. Updated chemistry instrumentation and expanded test menu. Streamlined processes while improving workﬂ ow. Increased proﬁ ts while decreasing overhead. Managed 3 phlebotomy draw site locations. Provided on-site testing for 36+ multi-specialty physicians. Urology of Indiana, LLC • Greenwood, IN • October 2009-December 2011
• Medical Technologist. Developed and implemented policies and procedures for microbiology. Initiated new testing with a cost reduction of 69%. Trained staff on proper plating techniques, interpretation of cultures, and how to work-up culture for identiﬁ cation and minimum inhibitory concentrations. Instructed staff on how to operate instrumentation, perform maintenance, document, and troubleshoot. Oversaw supply ordering/ inventory control. Served as back-up for laboratory director in all areas of lab. Performed ﬂ uorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) testing for bladder cancer, semen analysis, and routine chemistry and immunochemistry testing.
DCL Medical Laboratories • Indianapolis, IN • December 2005-July 2009
• Clinical Laboratory Manager. Managed the overall operations of a 24-hour reference laboratory providing services to 5 surrounding states and 25+ local extended care facilities. Developed policies and procedures to ensure safety, security, quality and accuracy of results. Served as LIS administrator. Initiated automation in blood bank to ensure proper identiﬁ cation and prevent transcription errors. Designed and implemented a full service paperless microbiology lab. Collaborated with IT staff, electricians, vendors and lab staff to design the new clinical laboratory. Orchestrated the move of all instrumentation without disruption of service to our clients. Adhered to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance. Performed CAP inspections. Investigated and resolved customer inquiries and complaints in a timely and empathetic manner.
Laboratory Manager with more than 30 years technical and leadership expertise in various hospital, physician ofﬁ ce, outpatient, and reference laboratory settings. Ability to lead teams while overseeing complex laboratory operations. Committed to providing quality results and exceeding customer expectations. Core Qualiﬁ cations
• Policy development and implementation
• Budget preparation/monitoring
• Problem resolution
• Technical expertise
• Specimen collection/processing
• LIS Administration (Orchard Harvest & LabDaq)
• Staff training and development
• Supply ordering/inventory
• Regulatory compliance (CAP, CLIA, COLA, TJC, FDA)
• Customer relations
• Laboratory Start-up
• Quality Assurance
Graves 253 Flatwood Drive, Little Elm, TX 75068 • 317-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org Education
Hill University • Birmingham, AL • 1992
• MS Chemistry
Hill University • Birmingham, AL • 1982
• BS Medical Technology
Indiana Vocational Technical College • South Bend, IN • 1981
• Medical Laboratory Technology
Indiana University • South Bend, IN • 1978-1980
• Concentration in medical technology studies
• (CLS), Clinical Laboratory Scientist, 1995 (NCA) National Certiﬁ cation Agency for Medical Laboratory Personnel, INC.
• (CLT), Clinical Laboratory Technologist, 1983 (HHS) Human Health Services
• (MLT), Medical Laboratory Technician, 1982 (ASCP) American Society of Clinical Pathologists
• (CLA), Clinical Laboratory Assistant, 1981 (ASCP) Afﬁ liations
• American Society of Microbiology (ASM) member
On Assignment Stafﬁ ng Agency • Indianapolis, IN • May 2005-December 2005
• Medical Technologist. Placed by agency at DCL Medical Laboratories. Johnson Memorial Hospital • Franklin, IN • February 2005-May 2005
• Medical Technologist. Performed testing in Microbiology, Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis/Body Fluids. Wishard Memorial Hospital • Indianapolis, IN • December 2004-February 2005
• Medical Technologist. Performed testing in full service microbiology and molecular laboratory including research.
Southside OB/GYN • Indianapolis, IN • October 1999-December 2004
• Laboratory Manager. Decreased cost per test by 90% by replacing outdated instrumentation, while increasing the lab test menu with 25 assays previously sent to reference lab. Developed policies and procedures to ensure quality of results and compliance with all regulatory agencies. Implemented courier service for transport of specimens from satellite ofﬁ ces to main lab. Liaison between medical staff and laboratory. Installed a laboratory information system, interfaced instrumentation providing for increased monitoring of results and decreasing transcription errors. Collaborated with Ultrasound Department to offer Triple Screen Testing with results within 24 hours allowing for patient to be notiﬁ ed of abnormal results to expedite additional testing and/or counseling.