Clifford Z Baysah
Plano TX **023
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert – IBM System P5 2008
* **** ** *** (AMAZON WEB SERVICES)
Deep knowledge installing and configuring HMC, HACMP, VIO Server, LPARs/DLPARs, LINUX and subsequent maintenance and administration
Over years of international experience teaching IBM Support Centers AIX/VIOS OS
Possess 10 years of extensive TCP/IP/Network connectivity experience along with troubleshooting
And network monitoring, Supporting VIO Server.
AWS Concepts ec2, s3, route53, ebs, rds, private/public/hybrid cloud, etc…
Experience with Windows 2000 & 2003 Servers.
6 years of REDHAT experience.
Over 10 years of AIX(4.3, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1, 7.1, 7.2 ) experience with IBM Corp.
Experience with Java, Java Scripting, Perl, C, C++, Html, Unix Shell Scripting.
Over 4 years experience with Open VMS, VAX, Alpha Server and Tape Drives.
C · C++ · SQL · JAVA · Unix Shell Scripting · Perl · HTML · JAVA Script
Skills & Operating Systems
UNIX · VAX · Windows 98/NT/2000/XP · AWS · AIX · Microsoft · DOS · Open VMS · Linux · TCPIP/Network Connectivity · Remedy · Retain/Call center · Notes · Outlook · EMC · HMC · LPM · NPIV . AIX · EMC/PowerPath · HC · TSM . SAN . POWER HA . GPFS . DISASTER RECOVERY . PERFORMANCE TUNNING
Mustang Consultant, Dallas, TX 12/13-Present
AIX/VIO Senior System Engineer
· Served as team lead for LINUX Administrators
· Served as team lead for AIX/VIO Administrators
· Worked on the migration of customer major applications to AWS
· Experience with major IaaS technology AWS
·Administrates troubleshooting build design and configure AIX, POWERVM, LINUX
·Administrates troubleshooting build design and configure Power HACMP clusters
·Perform NIM installation, setting up NIM servers and clients and defining various NIM resources like lpp_source, SPOT, mksysb, image.data, bosinst.data.
·Managing cron jobs, batch processing and job scheduling.
·Maintained availability, increased capacity & performance of production machines by upgrading their hardware & firmware·Design, document, and develop the standards for server hardware and software
·Performs application integration to ensure that all software, hardware components operate properly together
·Provides third level platform support for all AIX/VIO environments.
·Engineer and design security solutions that meet all security standards and requirements that satisfy governance principals and best practices.
· TSM . SAN . GPFS . DISASTER RECOVERY . PERFORMANCE TUNNING
·Serve as a mentor to junior level AIX administrators
IBM Corp., Austin, TX 02/07-12/13
AIX Support Specialist
·Provided assistance with configuration and problem determination on
·Expertise in Logical Volume Management (LVM) and Disk Management
·Administrates troubleshooting build design and configure of AIX/VIOS OS, LINUX
·Create standard LPAR, performing DLPAR operations to manage recourses between machinesapplications such as ping, telnet, ftp, rcp, rdist, rexec, rlogin, rsh, rup, ruser, rwall, rwho, routed, on the AIX platform
·Provided assistance with configuration and problem determination of supported network adapters,
Associated IP interfaces, and routing for Ethernet,Token Ring, and FDDI.
·Provided support with vlan in a vio server environment, P6 with HEA, P5 & P6 Virtualization
·Configuration and administration of Fiber Adapter’s and handling SAN disks on AIX
· Well rounded with the AIX OS environment installing, system performance, logical volume groups, etc.
Dell Inc., Austin, TX 11/06-02/07
Technical Support Analyst
·Installs and supports both hardware and software components for user group.
·Performs preventive maintenance, test and repair of equipment.
·Evaluates system configuration and software to ensure effective use of hardware resources.
·Interacts with the users on their potential future business requirements.
·Works under direction from IT Managers and high-level analysts.
·Responsible for single application or multiple applications.
CSEA (Civil Service Employee Association), Albany, NY 08/02 - 08/06
Network Administrator/System Administrator
· Served as Team Lead/Manager for Linux Team
· Supported about 400 users by resolving various hardware, software, and operating systems issues.
· Performed installation, Upgrades and Maintenance for PC’S, Printers, windows 2000/ Linux/NT Servers,
and Tape Drives.
· Monitored, troubleshoot and resolved various network problems, mostly TCPIP/Network Connectivity
· Managed user accounts by: creating, deleting, modifying, in an OpenVMS environment.
· Monitored and maintained the computer network switches and routers functionalities.
·Designed and maintained network integrity.
IBM CORPORATION, Austin, TX 10/01 - 12/01
CO-OP/Intern Software Developer/Tester
· Pre-built software for both ManageNow and TSD (Tivoli Service Disk) using Java applications.
· Performed the BVT (Build Verification Test) for both ManageNow and TSD using both perl and java
· Developed scripts in perl to enhance the pre-building and building process of software.
· Executed the preliminary testing process to have the software application ready for the next build.
University at Albany, State University of New York
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, May 2002
Business Administration Minor
CERTIFICATIONS AND ADWARDS
SUNY Albany, Albany NY
Academic Achievement Award 97
New Horizons Computer learning Center, Albany NY
CompTIA Network+® Certified, May 2006
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert - IBM System p5 2008
Candidate for Microsoft Certified Engineer (MCSE) Certification
African Students Association: Executive Board member, Pan Caribbean Dance Troop, member of both Intramural Soccer & Basketball Team.