ADMISSION TO THE ONTARIO BAR January 2018
YORK UNIVERSITY, OSGOODE HALL LAW SCHOOL – TORONTO, ON 2016 – 2017
Professional Masters of Law (LLM) – Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution
UNIVERSITY OF BUCKINGHAM – BUCKINGHAM, UK 2012 – 2015
Honours in Law (LLB)
Placed second overall in UK mooting competitions as a competitor of Buckingham Mooting and Negotiation Society
TRENT UNIVERSITY – PETERBOROUGH, ON 2007 – 2011
Bachelors of Science, Major in Biology and Minor in Chemistry (BSc)
EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT INC. - Toronto, ON
Holding company managing assets valued at $1.3B.
Legal Counsel April 2019 – Present
• Lead counsel negotiating on a 120 million dollar share purchase of holding companies and subsequent amalgamations.
• Negotiate and draft share / asset purchase agreements, non-disclosure agreements, referral agreements, consulting agreements, employment contracts, letters of intent, shareholder agreements, corporate by-laws, commercial lease, liaising between clients, company and third-party legal counsel.
• Identify, assess, monitor, manage and report legal risk of private companies.
• Advise clients in medical industry on legal issues pertaining to impacts on medical practice resulting from cannabis becoming federally regulated, including development of a B2B platform for cannabis licenses, general corporate and regulatory compliance matters.
• Participate in strategic planning and presentations with the Ministry of Agriculture related to implementing cannabis infused products and legal policy requirements.
• Structure a legal and corporate entity to develop an incubator for leading cannabis start-ups in Toronto, including drafting and negotiating terms of a fund to assist development of the incubator.
• Legal management of key practice areas, including commercial real-estate, corporate structure, securities, marketing, entertainment, competition / antitrust and litigation.
AXXIMA – Toronto, ON
Actuarial, insurance and risk management consulting company.
Legal Counsel November 2018 – April 2019
• Managed litigation of over 250 real-estate claims for a 21 million dollar account and 6 insurance programs, while maintaining relationships with both domestic and international clients.
• Drafted complex policy agreements and binding authorities for insurance companies.
• Audited and conducted compliance review of large regional, national and multi-national client insurance program placements and coverage.
• Provided strategic consulting and self-insurance design, insurance and reinsurance coverage strategy, risk management advice and on-going insurance management.
• Researched complex legal issues, including comparative analysis between domestic and foreign legislation and prepare plain English memoranda.
• Provided legal counselling and support to brokerage staff to build emerging risk awareness within the organization and with clients, with a focus on cyber liability, security/privacy breaches and environmental liability.
SIMPSONWIGLE LAW LLP. – Burlington, ON
Associate June 2017 – October 2018
Abridged Articles January 2017 – June 2017
• Carriage of over 45 client files, managed client relationships and developed business for the firm, bringing in $800,000.00 of new revenue.
• Drafted, negotiated and managed closing documents for 60 million dollar share purchase, including lenders documents and updating all minute books.
• Drafted pleadings, facta, motion materials and minutes of settlement.
• Advised on and mediated settlements and provided legal representation in Superior Court of Ontario.
• Provided general legal services and acted as consultant for independent businesses, assisting with M&A, shareholder agreements, restructuring, and permit/licensing requirements.
• Assisted real estate client in developing 15 acres of land in central Mississauga, which included rezoning and establishing compliance with city by-laws.
LEVY ZAVET PC. – Toronto, ON
NCA Student June 2015 – December 2016
• Drafted commercial contracts, franchise agreements, leases, finance agreements and employment contracts.
• Managed real property transactions, construction liens and Registry System to Land Titles conversions.
VOLUNTEER AND EXTRACURRICULAR EXPERIENCE
MLSE LAUNCHPAD – Toronto, ON
Volunteer October 2019 – Present
• Provide adolescents with guidance and mentorship to accomplish career and personal goals.
• Advise on legal issues to expand the brand locally to other communities outside of the GTA.
PUNJABI COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES – Brampton, ON
Addictions Program Volunteer June 2015 – March 2016
• Assisted counselors with a 16-week addiction program to help individuals of the Punjabi community.
• Provided legal resources and informal counselling to individuals dealing with assault charges and partnered clients with criminal lawyers within the community.
TRENT UNIVERSITY – Peterborough, ON Volunteer September 2007 – April 2011
• Student mentor and a member of the Science Student Society, Pre-Pharmacy Society and the Environmental Science Research Committee.
PERSONAL ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
• Verbal fluency in Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi.
• Tutoring & mentorship for Bar students with the Law Society of Ontario.
• Sports: Avid tennis, golf, ice hockey and football player.
• Close follower of global economic and political issues.