Kranthi G Mobile: +91-709*******
7+ years of Experience on Embedded Customer support & development, Linux platform and Linux Device Drivers. Good exposure to complete Software Development Life Cycle. Experience Summary
● Hands on experience on Embedded Linux device drivers & developing embedded bare-metal applications to validate Xilinx IP’s.
● Working as Product Application Engineer at Xilinx Technology Services pvt Ltd, Hyderabad.
● A Competent professional with over 7.9 years of experience in Software Engineering & Software Development with the following skills.
● Good knowledge on Xilinx’s Zynq-7000 and ZynqMP Ultrascale+ SoC Platforms.
● Working experience on Boot flow and bootloaders of Zynq and ZynqMP Ultrascale+.
● Working experience on Yocto/Buildroot build systems to build complete binaries for Xilinx SoC’s.
● Hands on experience with SD/eMMC, QSPI drivers for Bootloaders, u-boot and Linux.
● Supported customers for various use cases on I2C, SPI, and flash memory devices of Xilinx’s hard block IP’s.
● Work experience on Linux audio driver development on Intel platforms.
● Good understanding on Linux ALSA internals.
● Good understanding and knowledge on Kernel Module Development, Linux system programming.
● Working experience on ARM Firmware and board bring-up & Board Support Packages (BSP) for custom boards designed based on Xilinx FPGA.
● Working experience in C with Data structures, Tcl and Shell scripting.
● Working experience on u-boot driver and applications for Keyboard & Mouse, HDMI & LCD controllers.
● Worked experience on pre and post silicon validation
● Experience working on XEN hypervisor and knowledge on internals.
● Possessing programming skills in C.
● Responsible, well-disciplined, enthusiastic, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team. Technical Skills
Operating Systems Linux, Architectures- ARM/ARM64 & x86 Languages C, Shell script, tcl
Protocols I2C, SPI and UART
Tools GDB, Bitbake, Yocto, git, svn, Xilinx Vivado, SDK, Petalinux, MTD utilities, XEN hypervisor, Qemu.
● Currently working for Xilinx India Services Pvt Ltd Hyderabad as a Product Application engineer from April 2017 to till date.
● Worked as a Senior Software engineer in Intel as Senior software engineer (From Global Edge software Ltd, Hyderabad from Aug-2015 to Mar-2017.
● Worked as a Firmware Engineer at Moschip Semiconductor pvt Ltd, Hyderabad from JAN 2012 to Jul 2015.
Xilinx, Sr Product Applications Engineer Apr’17 - Current
● Boot & Configuration:
Working for customer issues and support on Boot related issues including FSBL, PMUFW and U-boot on Zynq-7000 & Zynq MPSoC based platforms.
worked on SD, QSPI and NAND flash boot media by debug root cause issues in boot loaders and Linux OS. Worked along with global teams to review HW schematics and SW changes to analyze issues further and get it fixed.
Tested use cases used by customer on boot & configuration and reported engineering team to fill the gap where issue found.
● PetaLinux/Yocto: Supported customers on Yocto/Petalinux related issues.
● Low speed peripherals: Supported and provided customer solutions on I2C, SPI and UART peripherals. Post silicon validation.
● Worked on OpenAMP frame-work used which is used to communicate between heterogeneous processors.
Intel (From GlobalEdge Software Ltd) Aug’15 - Mar’17
● Worked on Linux Audio drivers to develop machine driver for Intel based platforms
Reviewed HW paths for AUDIO to enable play/record features.
● Implemented firmware and get it parsed by Audio driver to enable the audio paths.
● Worked and tested ALSA features and HW features and fixed bugs reported. MosChip Semiconductor Technology Ltd Jan’12 - Jul’15
● Worked as Firmware engineer to develop drivers and test cases in u-boot to validate the Hard block IPs on Zynq-7000 platform.
● Worked on Keyboard/Mouse interface to develop and test drivers in u-boot and validate the use case for the hard IP.
● Worked developing applications to validate HDMI and LCD controller to validate pre-silicon HW block.
● PG-Diploma in Embedded Systems Design (DESD) from CDAC Hyderabad from Mar- 2011 to Oct-2011.
Awards & Rewards:
● Received Team Sparkling Award for contribution and user documentation on Xilinx forums
● Received Impact Award for Team work from global regions team. I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is true to the best of my knowledge. Place: Hyderabad Yours sincerely,
Date: G. Kranthi Kumar