Chicago IL ***** DISHA SHARMA
Software Engineer Sahu Investment Mutual Benefit Company, Pvt. Ltd June 2018 – July 2019
• Headed and coordinated team of six in developing new financial management software.
• Designed models for data analysis and security which increased efficiency by 30% in the first six months after implementation.
• Awarded Best Solution Provider Award by the company management. EDUCATION
Chicago, IL Illinois Institute of Technology Fall 2019 – Spring 2021
• Master of Science in Computer Science.
• Coursework: Advanced Database Organization; Data Mining; Advanced Data Mining; Introduction to Artificial Intelligence; Computer Networks; Software Project Management. Lucknow, India SRMCEM Fall 2014 – Spring 2018
• B. Tech. in Computer Science; GPA: 3.6.
• Coursework: Data Structures; Operating Systems; Database Management Systems; Artificial Intelligence; Distributed Systems; Design and Analysis of Algorithm.
• President of Coding Club.
• Automatic Text Categorization using Machine Learning (2018). Implemented Naïve Bayes algorithm to classify uncategorized news articles.
• E-Food Delivery System (2017). Designed and developed ERP software to manage orders, finances and delivery for food delivery company. The software is successfully running at multiple branches of Kitchen- The Food Stop, a popular catering service in Lucknow, India.
• Web Scraping and Event Matching through Fuzzy Logic (2016). Built web application which scrapes events taking place in a city using BeautifulSoup Library and plots those locations on the city map.
• ATM Simulation System (2015) in Core Java using Multithreading and Polymorphism. Certifications
• 2019 - Python for Data Science (IBM).
• 2018 - Machine Learning (Coursera).
• 2017 - Java and Php (Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay).
• 2017 - Core Java (HPE).
Languages and Technologies
Chief Student Organizer of AKTU Zonal Sports Meet – 2K17. Awarded Best Compere at Abhivyakti – 2K17,18 (Cultural fest of SRMCEM). Student Head of the Campus Teaching Program in High School (La Martiniere Girls’ College, Lucknow). This program taught Mathematics and English to children of class four employees working in the school.
Member of Gandhi Corner – Social Work organization at La Martiniere Girls’ College. Soft Skills
Hardworking; Team Player; Public Speaking; Communication; Quick Learner.