JOURNEYMAN MILLWRIGHT/HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC
Skilled journeyman millwright and heavy-duty mechanic with over 30 years of experience, mostly in the mining industry, both above- and underground. Recent experience also includes four years as a millwright for a large facility, maintaining heating and cooling equipment and hydraulic repair. Work Experience
Millwright 2013 to Present
Nutrien Potash Mine (formerly Agrium), Vanscoy, Saskatchewan Responsibilities:
• Repair of mechanical equipment on service, including large pumps, drags, screws and fans.
• Balancing fans is a particular specialty.
• Vibration analysis and oil analysis samples and repair.
• Aligning shafts with the Opta-smart alignment tool. Millwright 2009 to 2013
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK
• Maintained and repaired large and small heating and cooling equipment, including fans, pumps, and gearboxes, as well as hydraulic troubleshooting and repair.
• Worked regularly with the public, including students, staff and professors, responding to issues with the facility.
• Solved service issues from start to finish: responding to calls, diagnosing issues, ordering parts and completing work.
• Worked on four to five projects at a time and responsible for the majority of the University of Saskatchewan’s on-campus buildings.
Agrium Potash Mine, Vanscoy, Saskatchewan
• Repaired large mining equipment, belt systems and mobile machinery
• Supervised a crew of 15 in a Union environment (in a support role)
• Lead hand portion of the role involved planning jobs from start to finish and directing staff, including: running the morning meeting, introducing work for the day, ensuring that staff had direction and the parts needed to complete their tasks.
Mechanic/Engine Rebuilder/Supervisor 1993-1997
Western Automotive Rebuilders, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Responsibilities:
706 Paton Way, Saskatoon, SK • Cell: 306-***-**** • email@example.com
• Rebuilt automotive engines.
• Ran the Head Department for a year and a half.
A R Williams, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
• Repaired Clarke Electric Equipment, including forklifts and pallet jacks.
• Completed service calls and shop repairs.
Redhead Equipment, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
• Repaired John Deere Industrial Equipment, Champion Graders, Mack Trucks and other heavy-duty equipment.
• Completed off-site repairs and shop overhauls.
2000 – Journeyman Industrial Millwright, SIAST Kelsey Campus, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan -Challenged exam and received ticket.
1991 – Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic, SIAST Kelsey Campus, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan 1984 – Fourth-year Plumber, SIAST Kelsey Campus, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan 1981 – High School Diploma, Bruno Central High School Other Qualifications
2018 – International Council for Machinery Lubrication – Level 1 2011 – Category 1 Vibration Analysis Training, Mobius Institute 2000 to 2005 – Member of the Agrium Vanscoy Underground Rescue team 2000 – Underground Supervisor Certificate and Occupational Health Training 1998 – Crane Operator Certificate – up to 5 tonnes, Saskalta Safety Corp. Class 5 Saskatchewan Driver’s License
Proficient with Windows, SAP and Autocad
2004 to present – Captain and Team Manager of local Gemini hockey team 1993 to 1999 – Coached and managed Redwing Zone Hockey teams Enjoy rebuilding antique and classic cars and golfing. References
Available upon request.