+1-631-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org github.com/aakankshaprasad/
linkedin.com/in/aakanksha-prasad-58b425bb/ Stony Brook- NY EDUCATION
Stony Brook University – master’s in computer science GPA: 3.59/4 Expected graduation: Dec 2020 Courses- Analysis of algorithm, Data Science (Prof. Steven Skiena), AI, Human Computer Interaction Anna University, Chennai, India- B.E in computer science GPA : 8.07/10.0 Aug 2012 - May 2016 Courses- Data Mining, Operating Systems, AI, Object Oriented Programming, Design and Analysis of Algorithm, Theory of Computation, Data Structures
Data Analyst at Verizon, India Nov 2018 – July 2019
• Solved classification problem with structured and unstructured data as inputs to solve the ticket assignment problem by predicting the optimal assignment group, estimated to save around 4000 employee hours per week.
• Used Tableau to perform root cause analysis of factors leading to ticket creation in collaboration tools and proposed solution for automation further enhancing employee experience.
• Identified key areas of pain points faced by business and provided actionable insights on the highest ticket producing area of the company to reduce the tickets by 24%
• Worked on QlikView to design an optimized Key Performance Indicators dashboard depicting weekly trends of the incident tickets to empower operational and exploratory analysis. Software Developer at Verizon, India July 2016 – Oct 2018
• Worked on full stack development of large-scale indoor navigation system primarily in Angular 2, Node.js, Neo4j and MySQL for Verizon’s premises.
• Architected the back end to make loosely coupled micro – services.
• Integrated with Swagger for documentation of REST API’s Intern at DXC Technology, Chennai, India Feb 2015- May 2015
• Worked on internal employee portal to notify vacancies using Model View Controller Internship at IEEE, Chennai, India Aug 2014- Oct 2014
• Worked on developing Android application called ‘The Chennai Transport App’.
• Won 2nd place in the zonal level competition in the application. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Languages: Python, R, Java, C, C++
Tools: Tableau, Qlik View, Git, Neo4j, Eclipse
3D Reconstruction of coronary arteries from 2D Axial slices of Heart June 2015- Feb 2016
• Worked to create 3D model human heart using 2D CTA slices of heart for easy detection of stenosis in the arteries. Support Vector Machine was used to build a classifier model for finding the stenosis.