Madeliene Mae-Yen Balachandran
Aspiring Chemical Engineer
Self-motivated and enthusiastic 4th Year
Chemical Engineering student seeking a part
time position to develop and cultivate new
knowledge and work experience.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical)
09/2016 - Present CGPA: 3.96
01/2014 - 06/2015 Grade: A*AAA
Process Engineering Intern
East One-Zero-One (East 101) Sdn Bhd.
09/2019 – 12/2019 Shah Alam, Malaysia
• Increased efficiency in simulation data consolidation by programming Python scripts and VBA macros.
• Built and conducted analytical studies on steady-state and dynamic simulation models in HYSYS and UniSim.
• Performed engineering calculations efficiently in Microsoft Excel using first principle equations.
• Assist engineers on report compilation, proof reading and submission.
Schlumberger WTA (M) Sdn Bhd.
09/2018 – 12/2018 Labuan, Malaysia
• Increased operation productivity by designing efficient tracking system for asset movement coordination.
• Slashed materials and supplies cost up to RM 100, 000 through invention of inventory management system.
• Worked independently on over 30 offshore equipment transfer compliant with safety regulations .
• Raised asset turnover rate through efficient operational test of Wireline equipment during maintenance.
• Completed over 30 equipment and liftings
examination with client inspectors through effective communication.
Hitz Live Crew
Astro Radio Sdn Bhd.
07/2017 – 06/2018 Bukit Jalil, Malaysia
• Organized and hosted over 50 events to meet desired public engagement result.
• Leveraged effective communication skills into crowd interaction activities.
Craft Haven Sdn bhd
10/2016 – 05/2017. Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
• Conduct arts and craft classes for children and adults.
• Assist store patrons and provide recommendations on product or craft related enquiries.
Senior Customer Service Executive
Aegis BPO Malaysia
01/2016 – 06/2016 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
• Consistently resolve challenging complaint cases as acting manager to boost company reputation.
• Efficiently settled over 50 customer dissatisfaction per month with positive feedback from client.
Customer Service Executive
Aegis BPO Malaysia
07/2015 – 12/2015. Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
• Assist customers on product enquiry and provide
effective solutions while performing above KPI.
English Full Professional Proficiency
Mandarin Full Professional Proficiency
Malay Full Professional Proficiency
Cantonese Professional Working Proficiency
What About Friendship
- Vice President (2018/2019)
- Mentoring advisor (2020)
UCSI IChemE Student Chapter (Present)
Human Resource Committee Member
Society of Petroleum Engineers Student Chapter
Programming (Python, VBA and LaTex)
Engineering Tools (AutoCAD, SuperPro, UniSim,
HYSYS, VMG Sim, Multiflash and Matlab)
Microsoft Office Applications
Master of Ceremonies
Awards and Certificates:
Second Runner-Up Team Award M100 Challenge
Best Female Challenger Award M100 Challenge
(The M100 Challenge pits teams of students against
physical and mental challenges prepared by some of Malaysia's most outstanding graduate recruiters)
Certificate of Participation Seri Iskandar Debate Open 2014
Certificate of Participation APU National BP
Novice Debate Tournament 2014
Certificate of Participation ICRC International
Humanitarian Law Debate Tournament 2014
Dean's List Award (2017 – 2019) Faculty of Engineering, UCSI University
UCSI Trust Scholarship Award (2016 – Present)
HELP Merit Scholarship Award (2014)