Bilingual legal professional admitted to Egyptian Bar Association since 2007 and have with more than 10 years of experience in corporate in-house as well as law firms in Egypt and UAE. Practice Areas
Drilling Rig Agreements
Rigs Lease back Finance
Mud Logging Contracts
Barge Master Contract
Advanced Energy Systems (ADES), Egypt, Since May 2019 till present as a Supervisor Lawyer Selected Achievements:
- Handling drafting and reviewing various types of contracts, example but not limited, Drilling Rig Agreements, Services Agreements for onshore and offshore rigs for Company Branches
(Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait).
- Handling investigations.
Sino Tharwa Drilling Company, Egypt, Since August 2013 till May 2019 as a Supervisor Lawyer
- Handling drafting and reviewing various types of contracts, example but not limited, Drilling Rig Agreements, Services Agreements for onshore rigs, Rigs Lease Back Finance Agreements, Mud Logging Contracts and Barge Master Contracts, in favour of Agiba, Petrobel, Shell and Khalda by almost 30 contract per year.
- Participated in finalizing a dispute between Sino Tharwa and another petroleum company by the Dispute Resolution Committee in EGPC and collect $ 2,7 Million in favour of Sino Tharwa.
- Participated with the Legal Department team in establishing the Company Branch in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and handled the finalization of the required documents from all the concerned authorities till the establishment of the branch in 2019.
- Participated with the Legal Department team in establishing the Company Branch in Iraq and handled the finalization of the required documents from all the concerned authorities till the establishment of the branch in 2019.
- Participated with the Legal Department team in establishing the Company Branch in Algeria and handled the finalization of the required documents from all the concerned authorities till the establishment of the branch in 2014.
- Presenting the company before courts in labour lawsuits by a number of 30 cases per year.
- Handling internal investigations with the employees by a number of 20 investigations approximately per year, mostly about breaching the regulations of QHSE. Kareem Issa
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kareem-issa-ll-m-5a319520 Mo’men Group, Egypt, August 2012, until October 2012, a Senior Lawyer. (2 months) Selected Achievements:
- Renewing Lease Contracts for more than 100 branches.
- Handling internal investigations with the employees, mostly about the stealing of the inventory. Al Hamed Law Firm, Egypt, November 2008, until February 2011, as a Senior Associate
(2 years 4 months)
- Advising and handling consultations in and reviewing contracts of Sirocco Aerospace Company
(i.e. Mortgages with EBRD, Aircraft Lease Agreements with Volga Finance Limited, Swap Engine Agreements with Rolls Royce).
- Presenting a number of legal opinions to APL Egypt regarding their logistics activity.
- Working as a secondment in Uhde Engineering Company and handle all of its legal matters (i.e: reviewing contracts, internal investigations & renewing their licenses). Al Kamel Law Firm, Egypt, February 2008 until November 2008, as an Associate. (1 year) Job Description: Reviewing contracts and participating with the legal team in handling arbitration cases and drafting notices of arbitration.
Emirates Advocates & Legal Consultants Law Firm, UAE, March 2006 until January 2008, as a Junior Associate. (Almost 2 years)
Job Description: Handling with the firms’ legal team all the legal aspects of litigation of Dubai courts, Dubai Municipality, Public Prosecution and Traffic Court, registering claims in the police stations, handling the cases & legal matters of the largest Corporation in U.A.E, Telecommunication Corporation of Dubai (Etisalat), Head of Etisalat Section at Emirates Advocates Law Firm. Education
PhD in Commercial Law, Cairo University, Egypt, 2015- to date, (in progress). Master Degree in International Legal Commercial Transactions and Logistics, Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport, 2014, Cairo, Egypt (Score: Very Good). LL.B. Faculty of Law (English Section), Cairo University, 2005, Egypt. Certificates
1. Test of Legal English Skills (TOLES) Certificate, Foundation Level, 2016 (Score: 73/100 - Very Good).
2. Certificate from the Centre for Settlement and Arbitration of Sports 2018 for qualifying as an arbitrator.
3. Legal Education for Young Lawyers in Egypt Program Certificate 2009 (Co-sponsored by the Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration and American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative).
- Arabic: Mother Tongue
- English: Very Good (Scored 537 in Academic Test of English as a Foreign Language
“ATOEFL” 2016 and scored 6.5 in the International English Language Testing System “IELTS” Certificate, Academic Module 2010).
- Russian: Basic (Attended Basic Russian Language Course at the Russian Centre for Science & Culture in Cairo 2010).
Developing Legal Education – The Law Magazine – December 2016, Issue No. 3. References
1. Mr.Kareem Lasheen, Legal Manager, SinoTharwa Drilling Company, email@example.com 2. Mr. Ayman Hamed Hanafy, Managing Partner, Al Hamed Law Office, firstname.lastname@example.org 3. Dr. Mohamed Kamel, Managing Partner, email@example.com 4. Mr. Hammad Kadfoor Al Mehairi, Managing Partner, Emirates Advocates and Legal Consultants Law Firm, Mob: +971**-*******.