RUSSELL JOSEPH R. ERNI
**** *, *** *****, *. Rodriguez Jr. Ave., Pasig City
Senior business development professional with extensive experience in sales and marketing. Strong background in strategic planning, enterprise/B2B negotiations, business development, trade marketing, integrated marketing communications and brand management. Highly-organized, passionate and dynamic leader with over 15 years of best practices gained from start-ups, SMEs and multinational companies from diverse industries that include retail, telecommunications and financial services. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Business Development Manager
True Money Philippines
Aug 2019 – Present
• In-charge of the Business Development Group of the Lending Business Unit
• Tasked to scale the Retailer Working Capital Loans and Agent Term Loan Programs by building partnerships and strategic alliances with top FMCGs (ex. Monde Nissin, Unilever, P&G, Nestle, URC) and Lending Partners (ex. Unionbank) respectively.
• Responsible for developing and implementing marketing initiatives to increase loan use. Marketing Manager
Loc&Stor 24/7, Inc.
May 2018 – January 2019
• Head of Marketing and Field Sales.
• Developed a strategic marketing plan to increase awareness for Loc&Stor 24/7 and the self-storage industry in the Philippines.
• Spearheaded offline and online marketing initiatives that contributed to an average of 90% occupancy rate across all facilities.
• Led the field sales and marketing initiatives that created both brand and industry awareness within a wide range of industries that include food, hospitality, and real estate.
Head of Marketing
Quorum International Inc. (Toby’s Sports)
July 2016 – April 2018
• Head of Channel Marketing, Digital Marketing and Visual Merchandising.
• Created the organizational structure of the marketing department.
• Formulated the respective job roles and responsibilities of the marketing team.
• Created the process flow of marketing initiatives among cross-functional teams.
• Developed and executed the strategic marketing plans for all retail channels - Toby’s Sports, Urban Athletics and Runner.
• Launched the biggest branding campaign of Toby’s Sports in its 40-year history, WE GOT THIS, that reinforced its market leadership and its position as the most trusted sports retailer in the Philippines.
• Increased the retail footprint of Toby’s Sports by 25%.
• Increased sales revenue per store for Toby’s Sports by an average of 40%.
• Exceeded sales revenue targets per store for Urban Athletics by an average of 120%.
• Formulated the digital marketing standards for all retail channels.
• Developed and executed the social media content strategy for all retail channels that resulted in a 70% average increase in engagement across all social media assets.
• Oversaw all creative executions for tobys.com that contributed to an increase in site visits and helped make it one of the most visited e- commerce sites in the Philippines.
• Created the visual merchandising standards for the respective retail channels covering nearly 60 stores.
• Elevated the level of creative execution for in-store displays, collaterals and marketing executions that contributed to the increase in sales revenue per store.
Trade Marketing Manager - Havaianas
Terry S.A. Inc.
July 2010 – June 2015
• Led the strategic marketing planning for all 8 provincial sub-distributors (North Luzon, South Luzon, Central Luzon, Central and Eastern Visayas, Western Visayas, Boracay, Northern and Western Mindanao, Southern and Eastern Mindanao) of Havaianas.
• Managed 70% of the retail network of Havaianas.
• Implemented brand and retail marketing programs that contributed to 100% brand awareness levels and 15% increase in revenues.
• Spearheaded the sponsorship program of Make Your Own Havaianas 2012 and got global brands such as Coke, Wrigley’s, Mcdonald’s and Sony as partners for the biggest branding campaign of Havaianas.
• Spearheaded the advertising program of Make Your Own Havaianas 2013 that resulted in the biggest turnout ever of close to 13,000 attendees for the brand’s yearly campaign.
• Developed and implemented marketing initiatives in Boracay that established Havaianas as a must-have in one of the most popular beaches in the world and contributed to the year-on-year increase in revenues by an average of 15%. Senior Account Manager - Enterprise Group
May 2008 – June 2010
• Managed the portfolio of enterprise clients (B2B) under the retail and power industries.
• Contributed close to PHP 200M in sales revenue and exceeded FY 2008 and 2009 revenue targets by 20%
• Awarded Account Manger of the Month in May and June 2008 and October 2009. Group Accounts Supervisor
Sodexho Pass, Inc.
June 2006 – August 2007
• Managed the portfolio of corporate clients (B2B) in Luzon.
• Grew the corporate client base in key cities in Luzon by 20%. Corporate Sales Account Manager
January 2003 – June 2006
• Pioneer member of the corporate sales team that established and grew the B2B subscriber base of Sun Cellular.
• Developed and executed the strategic plan that created initial awareness among corporations for Sun Cellular as a brand and a product in key cities in North Luzon.
• Increased year-on-year revenues by an average of 10%. Revenue Associate
Navitaire Inc. (an affiliate of Accenture)
January 2001 – December 2002
• Led the audit of ticketing trends for Air New Zealand and US Airways that contributed to cost-savings for both companies. Marketing Assistant
January – August 2000
• Spearheaded the on-ground marketing implementation of the launch of the Citibank Credit Cards in Baguio City and Cabanatuan City.
• Contributed to the market feasibility research that led to the expansion of the Citibank Credit Cards in new geographic areas (Urdanteta and Tarlac).
• Led the coordination with partner travel agencies for the Travel Agent-Get-Member Program.
• Liaised with the sales department for the Citibank Cathay Pacific VISA-Travel Galore Promotion.
• Ensured the completion of the day-to-day reports of the Citibank Cathay Pacific VISA Annual Fee Report and Supplementary Card Promotion.
• Led the coordination with partner travel agencies and airlines for the Gold Exclusives Summer 2000 Promotion. EDUCATION
University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration
1993 - 1998