firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/dumitru-rusu-2019 ·
Meticulous Manufacturing Engineer with over 8 years exceeding production expectations in the oil and energy industry.
NOVEMBER 2011 – NOVEMBER 2019
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER, NATIONAL OILWELL VARCO, GALENA PARK, TX
Create shop-manufacturing routers for mechanical and electrical assemblies, review costing standards, bill of materials, evaluate manufacturing techniques and made possible suggestions for improvement and cost reduction for Mud systems, Generators, Water Tank, Fuel Tank, Top Drive, Walking Systems, Mast and Substructure.
Key accomplishments in this role:
● Cutting lead time by 20% for Top Drive house by designing a jig for more efficient fabrication.
● Extending working lifetime of Pump assemblies by 15% using a locking technology that secures bolted joints, even when exposed to severe vibration and dynamic loads
● Led multiple improvement projects for safety standards and manufacturing procedures, allocating over $0.5M in capital.
OCTOBER 2006 - NOVEMBER 2011
SENIOR QUALITY INSPECTOR, NATIONAL OILWELL VARCO, HOUSTON, TX
Inspection on Ram and Spherical Blow-Out Preventers (BOP's), Top Drives, Drilling Risers.
Key accomplishments in this role:
● Successfully trimmed inspection time by 25% using statistics and creating a special report containing requirements for inspection.
AUGUST 2006 – OCTOBER 2006
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN, NATIONAL OILWELL VARCO, HOUSTON TX
Service for Top Drives (electrical and mechanical systems components).
JULY 2002– MAY 2006
MANAGER NDE LABORATORY, TEST PRIMA, SUCEAVA, ROMANIA
Responsible for Nondestructive Tests and certifications of welding joints for gas pipelines and boilers
In charge with editing and implementing Quality Assurance Manual, Hazard & Safety Programs, Written Practice for Qualification and Certification of Personnel, Nondestructive Examination Procedure and Manuals
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, STEPHEN THE GREAT UNIVERSITY SUCEAVA, ROMANIA
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SYSTEMS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE, STEPHEN THE GREAT UNIVERSITY SUCEAVA, ROMANIA
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Level II Certification in Nondestructive Testing: Ultrasounds, Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle – from National Institute of Research and Development for Physics and Nuclear Eng., Bucharest, Romania, 2002
Level II Training/Certification in Nondestructive Testing: Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particles – METCO (Material Evaluation & Technology Corporation), Houston, USA, 2006
Radiographic film interpretation Training, SNT-TC-1A – METCO (Material Evaluation & Technology Corporation), Houston, 2011
Ultrasonic Testing Level II (Basic Theory and Application) Training, SNT-TC-1A, NDT Training & Testing Center, Houston, 2011
Ultrasonic Testing Level II (Application), SNT-TC-1A - NDT Training & Testing Center, Houston, 2011
“Basic of Supply Chain Management” Course – APICS the Association for Operation Management, Houston Chapter, 2012
Specialist for System of Quality Management according to ISO 9001:2001 from “TUV RheinlandInterCert GmbH”, Bucharest, Romania, 2003
Internal and Supplier Auditing, Houston, 2015
Certified Associate Welding Inspector, 2017
• C/C+ programing language
• Oracle ERP systems
• Experienced in NDE (UT, LPI, MPI) hands-on inspections and interpretation of results for a wide range of Oil & Gas components
• Familiar with API 6A, API 4F, AWS D1.1 structural welding code, ISO 9001
• Computer skills in AutoCAD, Solidworks, Microsoft Excel
NORTH AMERICA’S LARGEST MOBILE LAND RIG — DOYON 26
DUAL ACTIVE HEAVE DRAWWORKS
I worked with engineering and operations teams in ensuring daily fabrication duties were performed with excellence.
TOP DRIVE TDS-11
I worked with service engineering and operations teams providing feedback and improvement for gear boxes