ERIKA LAFONTANT, RDO #****
OBJECTIVE: A Massachusetts licensed optician with 3 years of experience in management. I have first rate communication skills, commitment to hard work and accuracy. These abilities make me capable to create a motivated, knowledgable, goal driven team. EDUCATION:
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, Boston MA 2007 – 2009 Associates Degree in Opticianry
Center for Women & Enterprise, Boston, MA 2013-2014 Business Planning Certificate
ABO Certified 2009/NCLE Certified 2011
Microsoft Word, Power Point, Access,Excel.
SEE Eyewear, Boston, MA September 2014- Present
• Complete store operation requirements by staying within stores assigned payroll.
• Maintain store financial objectives by preparing monthly and daily goals.
• Support stores staff with constant updates of store goals and current promotions.
• Direct patient in the proper selection of frames and lens types in a fast pace environment. Vision Specialists, Boston MA September 2011-September 2014 Licensed Optician
• Assist patients with the selection of frames and ophthalmic lenses.
• Analyze ophthalmic lenses for errors after fabrication.
• Dispense and Adjust eyeglasses for patients.
• Verify and bill insurance for services.
Lenscrafters, Natick/Braintree, Ma April 2012 -December 2013 Apprentice Optician
• Verify insurance eligibility, and bill for services.
• Measures patient's pupillary distance, segment heights and vertex distance.
• Provide general maintenance of the optical dispensary. Optical Shop of Aspen, Boston, MA March 2010-September 2011 Stylist Consultant/Apprentice Optician
• Assist clients with luxury eyewear selection that suits their style and prescription.
• Take essential measurements to provide an accurate order for lens fabricating.
• Dispense and adjust eyewear for clients.
References Available Upon Request