Brian D. Smith
****-**** *** ********* (formerly Con-Way Transportation Services) Freight Classification Specialist, Billing Supervisor, Accuracy in Invoicing Analyst Responsibilities:
• Classify freight into shipping classes for billing purposes.
• Work with customers to ensure freight is properly packed and classified.
• Train and Supervise other Freight Classification Specialists
• Photograph and document all freight for accurate billing.
• Work safely on fast-paced loading dock.
• Added multiple millions of dollars in additional revenue to date.
• Trained multiple inspectors for locations in Fridley, Eagan, Owatonna, and Fargo.
• 1000s of hours of forklift operation
2000 – 2004 Trimark Sportswear Group, Hopkins, MN Technology Systems Administrator Technology Systems Administrator
• Administered network of over 100 users in 8 cities across United States and Canada.
• Assist employees with questions on customer service, company procedural issues and computer operations.
• Administer Fujitsu 9600 phone switch with multiple ACD servers and multiple call-centers for all locations.
• Provided software and hardware support company-wide.
• Trained users on Operating Systems and Applications.
• Sourced, purchased and documented all office equipment.
• Wrote proposals for purchase of high value equipment.
• Met with vendors to minimize costs and optimize efficiency.
• Managed building security systems.
• Helped merge three separate divisions into one computer system.
• Setup wide area network for seven locations and administered eight.
• Reviewed and made recommendations on local and long-distancephone service for all locations. 1995 – 2000 Advanced Productivity Computing, Apple Valley, MN Service Manager and Lead Technician
• Managed systems for over 75 clients and discussed future upgrades and purchases with them. Including hardware, software and network needs.
• Trained users and other technicians.
• Worked on-site, in shop and on phone for service. Education
1994 – 1995 NEI College of Technology
Major: Computer Systems. AAS Degree
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST