CHPLN. ABDULLAH RASHID, BDIV
PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY Experienced Chaplain with three years in ministry. Accomplished in providing spiritual education and ministerial services maximizing the spiritual life of individuals, couples and families while helping them strengthen their relationship with God and finding purpose in a respectful and professional manner according to their wishes, preferences, beliefs, and practices; serving on the principle of
“accommodate not proselytize.”
● Knowledge of human behavior and performance; differences in ability, personality, learning and motivation while being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
● Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
● Knowledge of historical events, and their causes and effects on civilizations and cultures.
● Knowledge of different religions in the basic principles, values, ethics, customs, and practices.
● Give full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand their points.
● Talk to others while convey information effectively while persuading others to change their minds, and or behavior.
● Reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to problems.
● Knowledge/Use of principles and methods for teaching individuals, and groups.
● Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
● Trained in world religions and inter-spirituality.
● Well-versed in a multitude of religious traditions
WORK HISTORY Chaplain, 06/2017 to Current
Chaplains on Call and Emergency Response, Inc Fargo, ND
● Met with individuals, patients, inmates and their families to discuss issues compassionately and determined appropriate type of involvement to meet spiritual needs aligned with their values, and preferences. Provide competent and compassionate spiritual care interventions based on spiritual needs assessments.
● Planned, oversaw, and administered educational, secular rehabilitation services, religious programs, worship services, civil, cultural, religious ceremonies, personal, couple and family counseling, welfare check ups, care package deliveries, memorial and funeral services.
● Offered spiritual presence and listening during times of suffering and despair. Comforted patients using inspirational resources important to them, such as a blessing prayer, meditation or readings of sacred texts.
● Worked to mitigate spiritual pain, address end-of-life fears and hopes. Provided spiritual support, counseling, grief and healing interventions and education for hospital and correctional staff. While advising hospital and correctional staff on religious issues and provided support and counseling. Followed up with former patients, inmates' their families and guests after release.
● Answered and responded to emergency calls. Applied knowledge regarding crisis interventions to assist in emergency situations.
● Administered First Aid/CPR/AED
● Cultivated relationships with community, business and local leaders in order to draw attention to the chaplaincy and bring in new donors, volunteers and chaplains. Publicized community services to maintain positive public relations with community members.
● Oversaw administration and management of all areas of chaplaincy. Supervised chaplains and staff performing ministerial and administrative services. Gathered information and reviewed reports to resolve complaints.
Independent Dai/Imam, 08/2015 to 04/2017 Entered into Interfaith Chaplaincy Walking Islamic Dawah and Services Minneapolis, MN
● Distributed accessible literature to educate the community on the Islamic religion.
● Proselytized Muslims and Non-Muslims and imparted knowledge of the Islamic faith from the Qur'an and by Example.
● Provided spiritual care through visitation, counseling and prayer.
● Referred individuals and families to community resources to improve well-being and quality of life.
Ordinand, 04/2015 to 08/2015 Completed Internship (Short Term) Islamic Center of Albany Albany, GA
● Conducted oneself in a manner that is respectful of the history and diversity of the Muslim community.
● Continually strived and conducted oneself in ways that foster unity and inclusiveness among all community members, and promote broad participation in Islamic and community activities.
● Interacted with all persons and organizations, Muslims and Non-Muslims, in a manner that reflects positively on Islam, Muslims and the Masjid.
● Participated in the community activities that furthered good interfaith and public relations for Islam, and Muslims.
● Delivered the khutbah, lead daily, jummah, tarweed and Eid prayers at the Masjid.
● Led strategic efforts in developing Masjid newsletters, bulletins, presentations and speeches as well as in facilitating fundraising events.
● Planned Imam's activities and provide to the Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
● Provided consultation to the Board of Trustees on religious matters, community issues, and Masjid activities as requested.
● Lead by example to prevent discrimination on any basis including but not limited to school of thought, gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, citizenship, political affiliation, or economic status.
EDUCATION Darul Uloom American Islamic High School Esoteric Interfaith Theological Seminary 1530 Dekalb Avenue NE #A 7257 NW 4th Blvd Suite 78 Atlanta, GA 30307 Gainesville, FL 32607
Aug 2009-May 2013 Aug 2013-Dec 2020
General Studies High School Diploma Bachelor’s in Chaplaincy Studies Saint James College-Seminary
3609 Sebring Parkway #20
Sebring, FL 33870
Aug 2013-Dec 2020
Clinical Pastoral Education (4 Units) Certificate of Completion Human Resource Office
December 15th, 2019
3246 15th Ave S #D
Fargo, ND 58103
Dear, Human Resource Officer:
I am interested in the Chaplain position with Catholic Health Initiative (CHI). I am striving to utilize the skills I have learned in relative fields. I believe that I will be an asset to the facility. I ask that you would please review my resume and cover letter for consideration for this position. Thank You,