Joseph D Thomas
Dedicated medical professional well-versed in gathering information about patient medical histories,
current symptoms and accurate vital signs. Capable of giving vaccines and medications, providing first
aid and responding to traumatic incidents. Valid Secret security clearance until Aug 12, 2022.
• Providing first aid
• Trauma care
• Preparing correspondence
• Collecting vitals
• Emergency response
• Administering vaccines
• Conducting reviews
• Assessing conditions
• Briefing management
• Security optimization
• Rapid-response coordination
• Unconventional warfare tactics
• Mission preparation
• Terrorism monitoring and response
• Military personnel training
• Process improvements
• Small arms weapons specialist
• Complex data management
• Conflict resolution
• Computer operations
• Analytical thinking
• Security documentation
• Team leadership
• Emotional awareness
Certified Medical Assistant/ Lab Technician
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Center City, MN
January 2016 to Present
• Secured patient information and maintained patient confidence by completing and safeguarding
• Administered rapid tests such as BCC and HIV /HEP test to help clinical staff assess conditions.
• Assisted with diagnostic testing by collecting and packaging biological specimens for internal and
• Certified that equipment and supplies were properly maintained for quality patient care and safety.
• Took and recorded patients' temperature, pulse and blood pressure.
• Perform the entire detox's clinics laboratory work
• Collect urine and blood samples for lab testing
• Performed monthly inventory and maintained office and medical supply counts.
• Diagnosed and treated patients with chronic and acute health problems such as MI, arrhythmias,
asthma, COPD and pneumonia.
• Trained newly hired employees by explaining job responsibilities and overseeing task prioritization.
• Implemented marketing initiatives, including online advertising to generate interest from individuals
• Used troubleshooting methods to identify issues with mechanical tools.
• Monitored medical supply levels to confirm sufficient stock, promptly placing replenishment orders
Combat Medic/Health Care Professional
United States Army - Fort Bliss, TX
February 2009 to October 2016
• Trained extensively in advanced lifesaving techniques, communications and telemedicine skills to
provide best care in remote locations.
• Gathered information about patient medical histories and current health conditions in order to make
sound decisions for treatment.
• Worked with field hospital personnel in mass casualty situations to augment staff and support key
medical actions including BLS and Soldier health.
• Deployed to forward operating bases to accompany battle personnel on patrol, engagements and
scout missions to provide needed medical attention.
• Conducted tests, gave vaccines and administered medications for acute and long-term conditions.
• Provided fast and accurate emergency response to injured teammates, providing first aid and Buddy
• Instructed personnel on ways to reduce environmental hazards and proper use of PPE.
• Authored daily activity, incident, safety, repair and irregularity reports including equipment and
property damage, theft, unauthorized presence or unusual occurrences.
• Maximized data collection accuracy scores, recorded, stored and analyzed security information with
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Anthropology
The University of Texas at El Paso El Paso - El Paso, TX
Associate in Combat Lifesaving
AMEDD - San Antonio, TX
April 2009 to August 2009
• CPR BLS
• Crisis Intervention Specialist
• Management Trained
• Vital Signs
• Patient Care
• CPR Certified
Branch: United States Army
Certified Medical Assistant