Dr. Mary Una, M.B.B.S, FEM (RCGP, UK), MRCGP (INT-RCGP, UK)
Emergency Physician and General Practitioner
Name : Dr. Mary Una
Date of birth : 27th Jan 1974
Gender : Female
Religion : Christian
Nationality : Indian
Marital status : Married
Children : 2
Passport number : P 6211493, valid till Feb 2027
RP number : 274********
Permanent address : No 43/44, Perumal nagar, Kovaipudur, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Present Address : Ezdan 9, villa 35, Al Wukair, Doha - Qatar. Contact number : +974-********
Personal email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Languages known- spoken : English, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, Arabic
-written : English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery: 1992-1997 Dr. B.R Ambedkar Medical college
Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Dr. B.R Ambedkar Medical college, Bangalore
K.C General Hospital, Bangalore, India
Posted in all departments during the compulsory rotatory internship, taking care of in-patients, attending to daily rounds with Senior consultants, case presentation for discussions, attending and treating patients visiting the out-patient department. Taking care of emergencies in the Casualty department under the supervision of Senior Casualty Officer. Postgraduate Qualifications:
Fellowship in Emergency Medicine F.E.M (RCGP, United Kingdom) July 2001 Apollo Hospitals Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Accredited to Royal College of General Practitioners, UK. MRCGP(INT) Member of Royal College of General Practitioners, UK- Oct 2015. Membership number: 106012
Prometric- Supreme Council Of Health, Qatar-Sept 2014. License:
QCHP- Medical license:
License number: P 7007
Scope: Associate -Emergency Medicine
Karnataka Medical Council Reg no: 53046
Tamilnadu Medical Licnese Reg no: 64617
Advanced Trauma Life support ATLS- April 2017, valid till April 2021 Hamad International Training Center, Doha, Qatar.
Pediatric Life Support Provider course PLS- Aug 2017, valid till Aug 2019 Hamad International Training Center, Doha, Qatar.
Advanced Life support ALS - August 2019 valid till 2022 Hamad International Training Center, Doha, Qatar.
Hospital Major Incident Medical Management and support HMIMMS - Dec 2013 Other courses:
Fire and safety
Detection and management of Temporomandibular disorders- Aug 2018 English Proficiency Exam-
IELTS April 2005- Band score 7.5
Senior Practitioner- Al khor Community Medical Center Ras Gas company Ltd Qatar- Sept 2014- Dec 2017
Qatar Gas Company Ltd Qatar- Jan 2018- July 2019
• Provided regular medical and surgical care for patients, responding well to patient’s Medical /Health problems by referring to their history, performed routine examinations, carrying out diagnosis, investigations as required, treatment and follow ups. Discuss side effects, treatment plan, promoting health education concerning diet, hygiene and body weight reduction. Referred patients to hospital and other medical services for urgent and specialist treatment.
• Attending to all emergency cases, performing minor surgical procedures- suturing of cut wounds, wound care, abscess drainage, stabilizing suspected fractures and referring to hospitals for further care.
• Participated in emergency drills conducted in the Medical center.
• Participated in Breast Cancer awareness conducted in Al khor Community from 2015- 2018
• Conducted CPR classes yearly in English and Urdu for residents in Al khor community.
• Case presentations and discussions conducted in Akcmc for Doctors and nurses as Continuing Medical Education.
• ANC training under the expert guidance of Dr. Charmaine D’souza-Obstetrician
& Gynecologist, Immediate Supervisor and Section Head of Medical Department in Alkhor Community Medical Center.
• Focused ANC includes assessment of maternal and fetal well-being, preventive measures, health messages and counselling about nutrition and selfcare.
• History taking, including personal information, menstrual and contraceptive history, present pregnancy, Obstetric history, medical history, daily habits and lifestyle. Perform an Antanatal Physical examination and basic testing procedure.
• Ultrasound training in ANC- to measure head circumference, abdominal circumference, femur length, heart rate.
• Can assess the viability of the fetus by Ultrasound for pregnant ladies presenting as an emergency and timely referral to Women’s Hospital for further care.
• Conducted Audits on Hypothyroidism and related illness, Audit of patients attending Antenatal Care in Al Khor Community Medical Center. Specialist in Emergency Department, Hamad Medical Corporation- Nov 2006- July 2014
Started my carrier as Clinical associate in A&E from Nov 2006 – Jan 2011 -Posted in triage, Male and female See and treat, Urgent areas and Short stay units attending to all medical and surgical cases (adults and Pediatrics). Promoted as Specialist in Jan 2011- covering the Trauma centers/ Walk in clinics in Doha- attended to all cases related to Cardiovascular, neurological, neurosurgical, Respiratory, Gastrointestinal, Orthopedics, Gynecological, Renal/ Urological, Infectious diseases, Endocrine Emergencies, stabilizing and transferring patients who require tertiary care to hospital for further management. Attended to patients involved in trauma (RTA/ATV), performing therapeutic procedures- wound closure, wound care, abscess drainage, back slab applications, reduction of simple dislocations, stabilizing patient with fractures before shifting to Hamad Hospital.
Conducted a seminar for grade 6 girls of Doha Modern Indian School on adolescence and menstrual systems.
Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
Nov 2003- March 2006:
Senior Medical Officer- Apollo First Med Hospital, Chennai- Increased my exposure to new and broader aspects of medical, surgical, Pediatric emergencies, Major trauma cases, cardiac arrests, drug overdosage, CVA, critical patients in the resuscitation room.
March 2006- Oct 2006:
In Charge of Emergency Department: Apollo First Med Hospital This was an opportunity to achieve further experience in clinical aspects of emergency medicine, active member in JCI accreditation and foundation to expose me to managerial and administrative aspects in the department. Apollo Hospitals Chennai is a JCI accredited Hospital and has been marked as the best private multispecialty hospital in India. It is a pioneer of modern emergency care in India, declared by the Govt of India as a centre of excellence for providing multispecialty services.
Emergency Department provides scientifically developed protocol driven emergency care. As an approved overseas educational training center by the college of Emergency Medicine, the department conducts post graduate residency program in Emergency Medicine.
S.P Hospitals, Chennai
Started my carrier as Medical Officer after graduating from University- Sept 1999 – Aug 2000
40 bedded hospital, posted in shifts attending to all in and out patients. Daily rounds done with Senior Consultants, presenting the in patients cases, treatment plan, review of investigation reports, and work up plan as per Consultant’s orders. Assisted in Appendicectomy, C.sections, Bennett’s fracture correction, Burr hole evacuation of hematoma, conducted deliveries in labour room, active participation in conducting Pulse Polio and conducted camp for Hepatitis vaccination. Conferences Attended:
●Breast Cancer Conference – Oct 2016
●Second Qatar National Obstetric Ultrasound Training course- April 2016
●Emergency Medicine & Qatar Health- Dec 2010
●Emergency Medicine conference- Feb 2008
●Work shop on Prehospital care on World Health Day organized by Institute of Public Health Govt of India-Chennai 2004.
●3rd National Conference in Emergency Medicine conducted by Indian Society at K.G Hospital, Coimbatore-2001
●Workshop on Disaster Preparation and Emergency Management conducted by Indian Society of Health Administrators – Chennai 2000.
• CPR/ALS/ATLS classes taken for Doctors and Nurses in Apollo First Med Hospitals.
• Seminar/ PP presentation in Doha Modern Indian School (DMIS, Doha) for girls of Grade 6 about adolescence, Menstruation and hygiene
• CPR classed conducted every year from 2015-2018 in English and Urdu for residents in Al Khor Community. Classes were well appreciated as per the feedback received. Achievements and Skills:
• BEST PERFORMER AWARD- Apollo First Med Hospital in 2006.
• Focused in providing patient centered care- excellent patient management skills
• Always having a positive attitude towards patients.
• Ability to make decisions in high pressure situations.
• Integrity and strong professional code of ethics.
• Good communication skills to inspire confidence and trust from patients and families as well as from staff members.
• Special interest in attending to patients with Thyroid related diseases. References:
• Dr. Warda Al Saad- Consultant A&E, Hamad General Hospital email@example.com
• Dr. Prakash Joseph- Consultant A&E- firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dr. Charmaine D’souza, Section head, Medical Department-Alkhor Community Medical Center, email@example.com