Minneaplis, MN 55413
EASYTRIEVE (with extensive use of instream macros) VSAM
JCL (PROCs, Control Libs, Parms, DFSORT, IDCAMS)
DB2 (Plus DB2 LUW DBA)
● Agile Scrum
Familiar with SAS language ( converted a few programs from SAS to Easytrieve)
Knowledge of PowerBI
TCF National Bank/ Software Engineer II
April 1996 - Nov 2019, Plymouth, MN
For over 20 years, contributed as a team member to developing new Core applications and also improving and maintaining packaged Core Applications in the Banking industry, all running on IBM Mainframe:
- Deposit System Application (Infor)
- Time Application (Infor)
- Exception Administrator Application(Infor)
- Combined Interest Application (Infor). Supported various subsystems such as 1099R, 1099Q, 1099-INT and
- Combined Statements (Infor)
- Information Control Master (Infor)
- DepositChek, Fraud Detection Application (Early Warning Systems)
- ASI16/ASI19, Onus/Transit Fraud Application (Fiserv)
- ACH/PEP+, Payments ACH application (Fiserv).
Support, maintain and develop other processes around Payments/ACH application.
Install Fiserv PPTs, CCNs and release upgrades.
- Item processing/Checks (OnUs, OffUs) processing. This Application is internal to TCF; Interfacing on the mainframe side primarily with the FED, inhouse application Deposits,,Accounting, Exception Administrator and Deposit Chek applications ; and on the server side with RDIs
(Returned Deposited Items) and APG platforms,.
Provide support and troubleshooting for all environments (DEV, QA, PROD). Support is 24x7, on a weekly rotation basis. Designed, Developed and implemented a standalone Escheatment application interfacing with the Tracker, a server based Escheatment packaged System.
Customized ‘Deposit Chek’ Application, (a packaged application from Early Warning Systems); writing multiple User Interface routines before Implementation. Supported ‘Deposit Chek’ Application and also designed and coded for modules interfacing with other Applications.
Implemented, supported FraudLink applications ‘ASI16/ASI19’. I also designed and developed Calibration systems to assist Loss Prevention staff to set adequate filters for effective Fraud detections.
Modernized the complex Government Reporting application, by automating manual procedures, replacing error-prone components (such as control cards) with system controlled interfaces, and integrating multiple on-request jobs to the batch steam via CA7 scheduler.
Familiar with ACH_PEP+ (Nacha) a Fiserv Money Movement Application, performing support tasks, and maintaining existing code.
•I consider myself as a Subject Matter Expert in various Core business Applications
• Able to analyze complex business requirements, design and code while providing solutions to improving complex Banking applications and interfaces.
•Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
• Contributes in overall systems testing and the migration of applications to production.
• Develops technical documentation, and technical procedures.
• Works independently or under minimal supervision
• Participates in Technical Design, Development, Testing, Implementation of Complex business applications
• Able to assist and provide design and/or coding
recommendations to less experienced developers.
National Company of Geophysics/ Application Developer Nov 1987 - December 1994, Hassi Messaoud, Algeria
Designed, coded and implemented 2 applications on a DEC/VAX-II platform, using Cobol as the main programming language:
- Inventory Management (large scale application)
- Bank Account reconciliation
Services Informatiques / Software Developer
October 1984 - April 1987, Algiers, Algeria
Designed a relational Database, coded and implemented ‘ Management of Operating Budget’ application on a Burroughs B1900 platform. Extensive use of LINC Database programming language(DMSII) and LIRC (for reporting) .
CERI /Application Software Analyst and Programmer Degree September 1981 - October 1984, Algiers Algeria
Hobbies and things on the side:
- Likes to read non-fiction novels in either English or other languages
- Enjoys outdoor activities such as bicycling and playing soccer
- Likes playing chess and puzzle games
- Fluent in English, French and Amazigh