Mechanic/Cell Line Technician
Heath Springs, SC 29058
A results-driven and adaptable decision maker with solid experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Ensures the highest quality and production standards are met while putting safety first. A cost-conscious team player who identifies multiple opportunities for enhancement and implements solutions to achieve objectives while effectively utilizing time and resources to facilitate the lasting success of an organization.
September 2019 to Present
Laminate pressure sensitive/ heat sensitive roll onto a substrate roll to be cut into various polishing pads later in process.
Mechanic/Cell Line Technician
Duracell, Inc - Lancaster, SC
1995 to 2018
* Served as Primary Technician on Lead Line, providing consistent benchmarks for standards in production.
* Operated a wide variety of machine tools to produce and fabricate, modify, or repair precision parts and instruments.
* Applied knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
* Ensured operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
* Controlled downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques.
* Removed defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools, and examining form and texture of parts.
* Determined changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts.
* Maintained equipment, parts, and supply by evaluating inventory levels. Anticipated demand for equipment, parts, and supplies and placed orders.
* Conserved maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed.
* Prepared mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintained continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Adjusted equipment for best performance.
* Trained and mentored new hires and temporary employees.
* Evaluated safety, quality, efficiency, general work procedures, and time management before authorizing employee to next stage in onboarding process.
* Conducted scheduled quality control inspections.
* Documented sensitive data.
* Authorized to make shutdown decisions.
* Analytically troubleshot safety hazards and performed assigned housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Anode Plant Technician
* Performed tests, analyzed degree of wear on subcomponents, and met assembly specifications to ensure efficient function of components.
* Monitored inventory of bulk quantities of batch materials stored in hoppers.
* Verified raw materials for anode slurry were blended accurately and for correct recipe duration.
* Analyzed cell line production volume and adapted anode quantity creation based on demand.
* Sent completed batch samples of anode for testing of its density and quality and then aged before release to cell line.
* Performed preventive maintenance on blenders/mixers according planned schedule.
* Maintained rebuild data files and reported inventory concerns. Cloth doffer/invoicer
Springs Industries - Lancaster, SC
1990 to 1995
Measured, weighted, and graded finished cloth product and invoiced into computer system. Education
Buford High School - Lancaster, SC
• Microsoft excel
• Power Tools
• Forklift Operator
Was a vocational student in high school, learned automotive mechanics and agriculture mechanics. Also learned horticulture and was an FFA member. Have served as a deacon in Church.