Giovanni (Gino) A. Roa, BSEE, MBA
**** **** ****** ******, **** Beach, CA 90808
562-***-**** Mobile - firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Qualifications
Results oriented leader with a proven track record of managing teams of professionals focused in the delivery and execution of established goals that deliver increased revenue, reduced costs and add value to the business. A strategic innovator with the engineering skills to architect, plan and design business and technology solutions coupled with the operational experience and methodical discipline to ensure successful delivery and deployment of key product and services. Business and financial experience in driving efficiency and productivity through sound analysis focused on reducing costs, increase quality, drive process improvement, and deliver operational excellence.
Operations Management Consulting Services Security Compliance
Engineering Design Business Development Outsource Management
Systems Architecture Product Development Software Development
Program Management P&L Management Cost Management Lumen Technologies 11/2010 – Present
Director, Engineering, Operations and Security
Deliver Contact Center Products and IT Managed Services to over 700 clients in the U.S.
Lead the service delivery capacity and capability of systems engineering and integration teams.
Manage operations delivery costs that meet and exceed contracted product and services levels.
Provide business process engineering and operational support of integrated products and services
Lead the achievement of PCI, HIPAA, SOC, FedRAMP, SOX, PII security compliance year-over- year on advanced technology platforms.
Engineering and Operations Management
• Deliver comprehensive services that encompass the data center, cloud platforms, edge computing, networking, security and compliance, business continuity, and technology service management.
• Provide applications services that help clients revitalize and manage their applications assets through flexible, project-based consulting services and long-term outsourcing contracts.
• Define full life-cycle services encompassing application development, testing, modernization, system integration, maintenance and management.
• Plan business process outsourcing solutions including a broad array of enterprise shared services, customer relationship management services, financial process management services, and administrative services.
Product Development and Integrations
• Productize technology services including consulting and business application support services.
• Engineer application platform architectures with emphasis on delivering service provider class quality and reliability with optimized product cost effectiveness.
• Develop and implement computing environment service processes along with performance metrics that promotes overall customer satisfaction by maintaining a highly-available enterprise infrastructure environment.
• Integrate modernized hybrid-cloud architecture designs (AWS, Azure, VMware, Edge- Computing) in support of network-based product and services expansion. Business Development
• Business process engineering leadership of life-cycle product integration efforts to support various business models including core solutions and third-party products Integration
• Partner with business pursuit teams to plan cost-reductions and growth of strategic and tactical accounts by identifying new opportunities, and conduct due-diligence. G. Roa Page 2 of 3
Hewlett-Packard Company 2001 – 2010
Senior Manager, Engineering and Operations
Directed the service delivery capacity and capability of Qwest Internet Data Center operations.
Delivered outsourced communications services to over 140 companies in Southern California
Managed operations delivery costs that meet and exceed contracted product and services levels.
Provided business, technical, and operational support of Internet-based products and services. Operations Management
• Responsible for the continuous operation of Internet Data Center telecommunications infrastructure and application managed service delivery located in Burbank CA.
• Maintain 99.999% service levels of operation and provide on-site 7x24x365 technical staff.
• Delivered contracted Internet Hosting and Managed Services to over 130+ Center customers with a compounded average run rate of $2-Million per month of services revenue.
• Provided operational business and technical support for the deployment of new services that contribute to divisional growth of $140 Million annually.
• Managed efficiency and productivity through sound analysis, cost-containment, sourcing and quality programs, process improvement, and delivering operational excellence.
• Delivered state-of-the-art Application Managed for mission-critical environments to customers residing in Seattle WA, Sterling VA, and Chicago IL, and Sunnyvale CA.
• Managed expansion of Cyber Center capacity to ensure continued world-class facility rating that includes redundant architectures, state-of-the-art systems, and best in class operations. Product Development and Systems Integration
• Functioned as subject matter expert with respect to the engineering, design, management and deployment of advanced communications products and services including Internet-based Contact Center Solutions, Interactive Voice Response systems.
• Responsible for the deployment and operations of leading communications solutions for under the State of California (CALNET2) and GSA Networx Universal program.
• Managed the Operational service delivery of Contact Center IVR platform services with an average over 14-Million IVR calls per month.
• Delivered software development, test and integration, and deployment support for advanced, distributed call center solution IVR product and services. Strategic Business Development & Compliance
• Worked with business pursuit teams to plan cost-reductions and growth of strategic and tactical accounts by identifying new opportunities, and conduct due-diligence.
• Developed outsourcing proposals and support plans with emphasis in Information Technology and Telecommunications product and services for broad range of companies including rapid growth Internet-based companies as well as established corporations.
• Operationally responsible for maintaining Center of Excellence.
• Maintained certifications including but not limited to SAS70 Type II, and PCI security compliance.
HP Enterprise Services provided consulting, outsourcing and technology services across infrastructure, applications and business process domains including infrastructure technology outsourcing, applications management, business process outsourcing and technology services project management G. Roa Page 3 of 3
Qwest Communications International 2000-2001
Senior Manager, Qwest Internet Solutions
Directed Internet Project Engineering sales support teams in the western sales region.
Managed the activation, commissioning, and operations of Qwest first Cyber Center in SoCal.
Sold, qualified, forecasted, priced on quota aligned business programs for National Accounts. Entex Information Systems (Siemens Corporation) 1999- 2000 Practice Manager, Consulting Services
Managed the Profit-and-Loss performance of the Los Angeles Consulting Practice.
Profitably program managed the delivery Information Technology contracts.
Sold, qualified, forecasted, priced and negotiated Consulting engagements. Unisys Corporation 1998- 1999
Senior Manager, Consulting Services
Managed the Profit-and-Loss performance of the Southern California Consulting Practice.
Responsible service delivery of multiple Information Technology upgrade projects.
Actively participated in proposal development with Global Bid Management organization. Systems Management Specialists (Marconi Corporation) 1996 - 1998 Manager, Information Technology & Network Services
Managed the Services Delivery teams for traditional Data Processing outsourcing contacts.
Developed schedules, resource plans, cost-budget, and service standards of quality.
Program managed timelines, budget, and resources, to ensure qualitatively profitable delivery. Rockwell International 1986 -1996
Project Manager & Senior Member of Technical Staff, Information Management
Provided Software Engineering and Systems Integration of Space Shuttle Operations systems.
Program Management of network engineering and telecommunications divisional networks.
Performed engineering design and integration and of advanced defense systems. EDUCATION
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Keller Graduate School of Management - 2001 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), California State Polytechnic University - 1993