*** ****** **** ***** **** apt **** Darien CT
A highly successful and proven financial leader from leading global firms like Dell, HP, GE and LTI (a Samsung company) with good balance between financial discipline and business support.
Language Testing International – White Plains, NY 2013 – Present
Leader in the development of language proficiency testing
Financial planning and analysis, reporting to BOD:
• Drive the assessment, preparation, and presentation of financial analysis through interpretation of complex financial information
• Direct and manage the development of the annual strategic plan and budget. Direct monthly forecasting, providing guidance to staff and Departmental Directors. Prepare forecasts and financial data analysis for presentation and use by senior management and business stakeholders.
• Financial Planning and Analysis - manage the financial plan for the current period as well as long term, linked to a sound strategic plan and related capital, operating, and cash budgets.
• Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reporting - to Board and Investors and outside auditors incorporating budget analysis and variance.
• Annual and 5 year budgeting - review budgeting procedures and enhance budget process for one to five year forecasting and monitoring, incorporating departmental management in the process.
• Annual Budget reporting - create new reports for managers to allow them to more effectively control their actual cost to budget.
• Provide the CEO and Departmental Management with an operating budget. Work with the CEO and Departmental Management to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements.
Accounting, Tax and Internal/External audit:
Manage Daily Accounting - including such daily functions as AR, AP, Payroll and Payroll taxes and Benefits.
Cash Flow Management - project cash inflows and outflows, identifying strategies to meet cash flow requirements, and manage cash investment accounts.
Accounting Systems - Manage financial systems to include: utilizing the system to develop and deliver financial reports, budgets and metrics along with system reporting tools and methods to deliver enhanced information and reporting solutions.
Chart of Accounts - review chart of accounts, restructuring accordingly to address current and future needs.
Internal Control - Identify the actions that will best increase internal controls and organizational efficiencies.
Corporate strategies, vision committee and C-suite:
• Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on domestic and global levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts. Develop analytics and innovative contract structures, support negotiations, and support contract execution efforts.
• Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO and VP the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
Contract management and Operation:
• Contract Management - manage contracts for testing and related services for private and international customers and the US Government.
• Performance Management and Operations - manage the processing of transactions, preparing internal and external financial statements. Perform analysis against expected results.
• Compliance - ensuring propriety of expenses in accordance with organizational policy, meeting Board restrictions; avoiding conflicts of interests, filing appropriate documents with regulatory and oversight bodies.
• Formalize Policies and Procedures - enhance and document centralized financial and accounting policies and procedures.
• Manages the finance team
Nautilus Hyosung America – Irving, TX 2010 – 2013
Leader of ATM technologies and solutions
Financial planning and analysis
Reporting to the board members and parent company
General accounting/Cost accounting/Managerial accounting
Audit and tax
SAP project leader
Various financial projects and ad-hoc
Dell – Seoul, Korea 2006 – 2009
Accounting manager/FP&A manager/Controller
GE healthcare – Seoul, Korea 2005 - 2006
Sr. Financial Analyses leader
HP – Seoul, Korea 2000 – 2003
Sr. Financial Analyst
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
MS in Accounting 2005 - Oklahoma State University (Stillwater, OK)
BA in Business Administration 2000 – Konkuk University (Seoul, Korea)
Korean Army 1994-1996
Daewon Foreign Language High School 1993 (Seoul, Korea)
Corporate system – SAP, Oracle, Hyperion, NetSuite, SAGE etc.
MS office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
SAP implementation – project leader
Bilingual – English and Korean
Project Manager Service
Mineola, NY - build, sdlc, pmo, information systems, projects,...
Trumbull, CT - plus, monthly, finance, controls,...
Accounting Manager/Senior Accountant
Greenwich, CT - investment, financial, accounting, accountant,...
Human Resources Leader
White Plains, NY - talent, human resources, resources, human, culture,...
Financial reporting (SEC) analysis
Wilton, CT - casualty, consulting, corporation, partner,...
White Plains, NY - accounting, accounting manager, auditing, entries,...
Financial reporting Accountant
Forest Hills, NY - prepared, accountant, financial, forest,...