LEDIA REGIS, ESQ.
Atlanta, GA 30339 Email: email@example.com
Highly skilled attorney with 6 years of diverse experience. Successfully handling complex legal matters, managing and negotiating claims. Demonstrated excellence in professionally representing companies and clients in legal matters and proceedings. Results-oriented team player with the ability to provide legal advise to clients at all levels of the organization..
• Extensive litigation experience in
State and Federal Court
• Skillful negotiator; settled several
cases involving personal injury and
• Preparing discovery, appeals and
• High level of client satisfaction
• Attend hearings, including 341 and
Chapter 13 Confirmation hearings
• Negotiated offers
• Research & Investigation
• Medical Claims Review
LEGAL SERVICES OF THE HUDSON VALLEY, YONKERS, NY 2012 – 2016 ASSOCIATE
• Litigated Foreclosure, Consumer and Bankruptcy cases pursuant to State and Federal laws.
• Prepared bankruptcy petitions, attended various hearings, including 341 and Chapter 13 Confirmation hearings.
• Won numerous bank fraud cases and successfully procured loan modifications in State and Federal Court.
• Provide legal support to managing attorney.
• Managed a caseload of 100 clients per month and exercised primary responsibility for case management through all phases of the judicial process from initial assessment, reviewing contracts, preparing discovery, opposing summary judgment motions, court appearances, and settling cases.
• Maintained communication with various interconnected agencies and independent non-profit organizations in order to facilitate investigation of pending cases. INGBER AND PROVOST, LLP, BLOOMINGTON, NY 2011 - 2012 ASSOCIATE
• Effectively managed personal injury cases at every stage from intake to resolution.
• Investigated all cases by meeting with clients, witnesses, reviewing police reports, medical records and other pertinent documents.
• Exhibited excellence in client relationship skills; successfully gained and kept confidence of employers, management, and other important professionals.
• Successfully litigated and drove advancements in all phases of pre-trial litigation while monitoring, managing, and coordinating defense and settlement of suits.
LAW OFFICES OF KYLE NORTON, PC, ISLANDIA, NY 2010 - 2011 ASSOCIATE
• Represented clients in foreclosure and consumer law matters.
• Maximized representation of borrowers with subprime and unconventional mortgages facing foreclosure.
• Drew upon experience in order to proactively solve complex problems and streamline the flow of research and investigations.
• Processed and successfully obtained loan modifications.
• Thrived as a highly trusted associate expert on Federal Making Home Affordable Program and alternate lender programs.
CALANO & CULHANE, LLP, WHITE PLAINS, NY 2009 - 2010 ASSOCIATE
• Superior management of personal injury cases involving motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls, and medical malpractice.
Ledia Ledia Regis, Regis, Esq. Esq. Resume, Resume, Page Page 2 2
• Managed a voluminous caseload, which included drafting pleadings, briefs, motions, correspondence and depositions.
• Successfully Negotiated with policyholders, claimants and attorneys to evaluate and settle personal injury claims.
• Consistently streamlined the conducting of legal research, preparation and arguing of motions and appellate briefs.
• Demonstrated highly skilled writing, organization, and oral communication skills. WASHTENAW PUBLIC DEFENDER’S OFFICE, ANN ARBOR, MI Summer 2008 STUDENT ATTORNEY
• Gained valuable experience representing indigent clients in criminally charged court cases.
• Reviewed and analyzed police reports, medical reports, and statements to accurately assess charge of case.
• Interviewed witnesses and met with clients to review charges, discuss defenses, and prepare for trial.
• Negotiated with District Attorneys to secure lower convictions. ROCKLAND COUNTY PUBLIC DEFENDER’S OFFICE, NEW CITY, NY Summer 2004 LEGAL INTERN
• Collected, organized, and analyzed police reports and affidavits in order to accurately assess the criminal charge. Professional Licenses & Affiliations
Licensed in Georgia, Admitted 2015
U.S. District Courts, Southern District of New York, Admitted 2012 Licensed in New York State Bar, Admitted 2009
Education and Training
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
Doctor of Law (J.D.), Litigation 2006 – 2009
Ramapo College of New Jersey
Bachelor's degree, Criminal Justice/Psychology
2000 – 2004
NYS Foreclosure Relief Unit’s Mobile Command Center, Suffern, New York, 2015