+351-**-***-**** / firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Qualifications
Results driven professional with experience leading people and project teams. Many years of success in development and support of microelectronics, software, smartphone and telecom products. Capable of managing customers and establish enduring trust relationships. Specialties include:
- Project Management New Product Development
- Resource Management Customer Support and Satisfaction
- Process Management Relationship and Team Building
- Program Management Portfolio Management
2009–Present Synopsys Lisboa
Customer Program Manager
- Responsible for all post-sales support and product deliveries of intellectual property (IP) for microelectronic circuits for major semiconductor companies (STMicroelectronics, Apple and Huawei).
- Led the Enterprise Project Management (EPM) implementation using Microsoft Project Server 2010, including processes definition and organization change management
- Program managed application and R&D engineers distributed worldwide, to deliver the highest quality product support.
- Supported foundry and end user customer engagements for both SOW based custom development as wells as standard product integration
- Helped to support new products (USB3, DDR3/2, DDR4, SerDes, HDMI, MIPI, Memories, Logic Libraries), through Early Adaptor (EA) customer engagements.
- Supported establishment of new processes to enhance operation Foundry Program Management, Project Tracking, Revenue Tracking, SOW(Statement of Work) Process 2010–2011 Technical University of Lisbon Lisboa
- Lectured the class of Gestão de Projectos (GP-I). 2006–2009 Chipidea Lisboa
Project Management Office ( PMO ) Manager
- Responsible for a team of three project managers for Audio, Power and RF/GPS product division
- Managed resource allocation and project staffing for a pool of 60 engineers, located in Lisbon, Porto, Belgium, Macau and China
- Managed new product development projects to design intellectual property (IP) for microelectronic circuits
- Managed programs for major semiconductor companies ( Intel, AMD, Sandisk, Fujistu )
- Created controlling and reporting process and templates to better measure project progress, costs and deadlines. Defined and developed in-house tools based on MsProject e MsAccess. 2004–2006 Symbian/Nokia London
OS Delivery Program Manager
- Responsible for end-to-end integration and delivery to customer of key functionality in Symbian OS for mobile smartphones
- Program managed C++ and Java code submissions into the main codeline delivered by 20 technology sub-projects
- Created and deployed sustainable planning, tracking and reporting mechanisms to effectively communicate integration and delivery progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Performed final release verification of Symbian OS, to ensure all release checks are carried out prior to authorising a release
- Led resolution of gating technical and business issues to the Symbian OS release
- Defined and Test department to define, schedule and ease execution of system level testing 2001-2004 Siemens Lisbon
Global Project Manager for R&D
- Overall responsible for several new product development projects of SDH/SONET and WDM telecom equipment
- Project managed a multinational team with up to 60 engineers, subdivided into system engineering, software, hardware and system test areas of expertise.
- Defined and managed schedules, resources allocations and budgets for the main R&D projects for the telecom worldwide market, with budgets up to 8 million euros
- Responsible for integrating new product introduction logistics with Sales, Manufacturing and Service operations
- Engaged in project review meetings with main world-wide telecom operators
- Reported to the CEO of the business unit “ICN Carrier Products”, based in Germany
- Defined guidelines in the practice area of Project Management in the scope of CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) certification initiative
- Evaluated and provided review for the selection of an Enterprise Project Management tool
(PMOffice) and a Requirements Management tool ( DOORS)
- Defined and implemented maintenance process of released product versions
- Responsible to ensure adherence to SIEMENS established the product development process
(PEPP), and for the quality of project deliverables for each milestone according to ISO9001.
- Hired and trained new project managers.
2000–2001 Siemens Lisbon
Software Project Leader
- Project managed software development projects of telecom networks, with teams composed of 15 engineers.
- Responsible for evaluating technical software issues.
- Contributed for the definition of the system architecture for SDH/SONET equipment.
- Defined new product strategy to support new data services based in IP ( Internet Protocol) and Ethernet technology, during an internship in Munich.
- Responsible for evaluating open-source software to implement internet and routing protocols: PPP, MLPPP, HDLC, ICMP, RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MPLS e DiffServ Qos.
- Technical skills involved Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Unified Modelling Language
(UML), C++, Unix Solaris.
1999–2000 Sol-S ( ex-Solsuni) Lisbon
Web Technical Leader
- Responsible for a team of software engineers on customer site (Telepac - Portugal's main ISP).
- Responsible for developing, installing, maintaining new product requirements into the “Product and Service Provisioning System” used to manage customer's account configuration, e-mail, DNS, Hosting and VPN services
- Responsible for defining the system architecture and for defining work packages assigned to the team
- Engaged in customer discussions to review technical options.
- Provided work estimates for sales quote.
Technical skills: Solaris, Java, J2EE, Oracle (JDBC), HTML, XML and Perl. 1996–1999 Siemens Lisbon
- Responsible for object-oriented software development for telecom equipment, from analysis phase to testing phases
- Technical skills : Windows NT, Exceed, Rational Rose, C++, RMOS (real-time, multi-task) e Organon XDB386 (debugger), Solaris Unix, SparcWorks, Interleaf, ClearCase, Purify, PureCoverage, XEmacs, Objectivity/DB, Unix shell scripts and Perl 1995–1996 Softfinança Lisbon
- Responsible for software development of banking applications for Caixa Geral Depósitos and Banco Espirito de Santo
- Technical skills : Windows,Visual Basic, SQL, Visual C++ e Microsoft Access; Netview Distribution. Manager/2,REXX scripts,OS/2; Datafit. Academic Publications
- Preparing project based organizations for change
- Procedia Technology 9, 757-***-****
- Feature based process framework to manage scope in dynamic NPD portfolios
- International Journal of Project Management 32, 874-***-****
- Resource management process framework for dynamic NPD portfolios
- International Journal of Project Management 33, 1274–1288 2015
- Managing platform-based product development portfolios
- Book chapter of “Advanced Project Management (Vol. 4) - Flexibility and Innovative Capacity” to be published by GPM - German Association for Project Management. Education
2009–2016 University of Lisbon – Instituto Superior Técnico Lisbon
- Phd in Engineering and Management
- Thesis “Portfolio management for dynamic New Product Development portfolios” 1998–2001 Catholic University of Portugal Lisbon
- Master in Business Administration - MBA
- Graduated with score 15 (Good).
1990–1995 Technical University of Lisbon – Instituto Superior Técnico Lisbon
- Licenciatura (5-year program) in Computer Science Engineering
- Graduated with score 15 (Good).
2005 Project Management Institute London
PMP certified number 236795
- Crucial Conversations, 2010, Vital Smarts,Lisbon.
- Communicate to Lead Using The Complete Approach Methodology, 2009, The Complete Approach LLC, Lisbon.
- "Communicating Efficiently", 2005, SYMBIAN, Londres
- "Risk Management for Project Managers"- Configuration Management, 2005, Risk Doctor/SYMBIAN, Londres
- "Perforce Advanced"- Configuration Management, 2004, SYMBIAN, London
- "Symbian OS Essentials", 2004, SYMBIAN, London
- "Symbian OS Application Engines", 2004, SYMBIAN, London
- "Team Track - Defect Management", 2004, SYMBIAN, London
- "Code Warrior - C++ IDE, 2004", SYMBIAN, London
- "Requirement Processes Overview", 2004, SYMBIAN, London
- "PROPS overview -Project Management", 2004, SYMBIAN, London
- "Advanced MPLS VPNs", 2001, CISCO, Lisboa;
- "Team Leadership and Motivation", 2001, SIEMENS, Lisboa;
- "WDM – Optical components", 2001, SIEMENS, Lisboa;
- "XML and Applications", 2000, Solsuni, Lisboa;
Portuguese: native speaker
English : bilingual. Lived and studied in the USA for 2 years. German : basic knowledge reading, writing and conversation. Achieved level G-6 in Goethe Institute in Munich.
French : basic knowledge reading and conversation. Spanish : basic knowledge reading and conversation.