Carlstadt, NJ 07072
Self-driven, goal-oriented statistical data analyst with over 5 years’ experience in data extraction, transforming it as per enterprise needs, analysis and facilitating various policy decisions through reports (written and graphical). I have excellent skills in statistical modeling and statistical methods for research and analysis.
Education & Certifications
Williams College, Williamstown, MA
MA Development Economics - 1999
University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya.
BA Economics - 1991
Base SAS certification
Certified Public Accountant II (Kenya)
Computer Applications for Statistical Analysis (CASA) - SPSS, E-Views,
Microsoft Office Applications
- Analysis and modelling, research methodologies and report writing
- Office tools: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- SAS 9.3 (Base, Graph, structured query language -SQL, Access, ODS).
- Languages: SAS, SQL,.
- Data extractions: Oracle, Microsoft Server, Informix and MS Access.
- MS Office Applications
Crosswinds Global Consulting LLC, Atlanta GA - Jan, 2010 to Dec, 2015.
Crosswinds Global Consulting LLC is an IT solutions establishment that provides support to the disparate Information and research needs of various companies in financial, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Clinical Trials SAS Programmer
- Review and provide inputs to clinical report forms (questionnaires), Statistical Analysis Plans, and analysis datasets.
- Prepared/reviewed protocol documents, case report forms (CRFs) and Statistical Analysis Plans (SAP) for the clinical trial.
- Responsible for building SAS program datasets from the clinical databases, external data sources, and other sources while following the study's protocol
- Helped generate ad hoc reports, data listings and graphs as per regulatory
- Attend project team meetings involving Bio-Statisticians, Data Managers and clinical research managers to review budgets, progress and limitations, unexpected outcomes, among others.
- Establishment and maintenance of sound working relationship and effective
- Supported critical data queries from other functional group (Biostatistics, Medical Writing, Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Regulatory and Marketing).
- Established a good track record of generating new ideas and solutions to data
analysis, excellent application development skills and acquired thorough understanding
of relational database components and theory.
- Used my excellent oral and written communication skills in getting across different
individuals involved in the various functions of the trials.
Alliance Business Enterprises: June 2006 - May, 2009
Alliance Business Enterprises is a company that used financial, economic and other business analyses to identify investment opportunities in developing countries, especially in Africa and Indian subcontinent. It has a strong indulgence in portfolio investment in government divestitures and venture capital in new start-ups.
- Helped in the normal running of the business - creating and maintaining the various corporate accounts, corporate documents, presenting statements and liasing with various customers.
- Build and maintain financial data indicating production levels, realized and expected revenue levels, cost structures - using spreadsheets.
- Analyzing the data to establish trends and formulate forecasts. Writing reports to address the trends and possible trend rationales.
- Analyze and explore the transient legal and regulatory guidelines enacted to regulate the identified trade and commercial activities.
- Advise on investment decisions - portfolio, public-private ventures, commodities, government divestitures.
- Liaise extensively through telephony and electronic media with the different individuals to ensure consummation of transactions.
- International travel to meetings and to ascertain destinations and effect execution of certain needed documentations.
Ministry of Finance - Department of Monopolies and Prices Commission,
Nairobi, Kenya, June 1992 - Sept, 2004
- Research and investigation on restrictive trade practices and unwarranted monopolies.
- Collecting and reviewing of disparate corporate data from different corporate establishments involved in provision of good and services in the various sectors of the Kenyan economy,
- Grouping of various providers as to product and geographical markets;
- Extensive report writing as a basis of evaluating and enforcing the provisions of the Monopolies and Prices Act. The Act which was enacted in 1989 sought to enhance competition and consumer welfare in the Kenyan economy by regulating market structure and conduct in order to ensure efficient markets for sustainable growth.
- Promoted public knowledge, awareness and understanding of the obligations, rights and remedies under the Act and the duties, functions and activities of the Authority;
- Promoted the creation of consumer bodies and the establishment of good and proper standards and rules to be followed by such bodies in protecting competition and consumer welfare;
- Made available to consumers information and guidelines relating to the obligations of persons under the Act and the rights and remedies available to consumers under the Act;
- Carried out inquiries, studies and research into matters relating to competition and the protection of the interests of consumers;
- Studied government policies, procedures and programs, legislation and proposals for legislation so as to assess their effects on competition and consumer welfare and publicize the results of such studies in adequate and timely manner;
- Participated in deliberations and proceedings of government competition enforcements. These included deliberating on consent agreements between disputing parties, evaluating mandates of government commissions and regulatory authorities and analyzing proposed mergers and acquisitions;
- Advised the government (the Attorney General's Office and other government departments) on matters relating to optimal competition.