Russ Jackson, Technical Communicator
425-***-**** – email@example.com – hedgepig.com
I have successfully performed technical writing and editing, web development, and graphic design in fast paced and demanding aerospace, oil and gas, software, and electricity management environments. I am an intuitive and persistent debugger and troubleshooter. My three main strengths (writing, coding, and graphics) are a rare combination.
User guides, procedures, training modules, software documentation, forms, web content, web pages, work flows, policies, edits of documents that were translated into English from Korean (by a Korean), and databases. Also: newsletters, document management and recovery, and indexing.
GeoLogics Corporation, Valencia, CA. Technical communicator, The Boeing Company (Puget Sound). 1/2015-present.
• For the developer of an enterprise wide estimating tool, I developed a detailed user guide and two editions of an interactive training course.
• I worked on numerous compliance documents for the US Navy’s P8-A long range intelligence airplane.
• For another group, I developed an extensive training module to accompany the P8-A’s wiring and fiber optic documentation.
• In addition to the projects described above, I have successfully supported many other Boeing workgroups with user guides, work flows, policies and procedures, newsletters, web development, and training modules.
Kelly IT Resources, Bellevue, WA. Technical communicator, The Boeing Company. 8/2004-1/2015. (See above. Kelly was replaced by Geologics for this engagement at Boeing.)
Lingua Franca, Seoul, Korea (through Elance). ESL editor. 3/2009- 2/2010.
• I edited very rough Korean-to-English translations into clean and understandable English.
Siemens IT, Redmond, WA (defunct). Technical writer, Microsoft Corp. 4/2004-7/2004.
• I produced a 100-page operations guide for the Audit Collection Services system.
• As assigned by my Siemens lead, I worked on an assortment of short work instructions (e.g., an instruction on how to use an encryption fob).
Protingent Staffing (formerly Techlink NW), Redmond, WA. Technical writer, DotCast, Kent, WA. 1/2004-7/2004.
• I developed product documentation for a video subscription service.
• Also, I wrote user and software documentation for the service. Venturi Technology Partners, Kirkland, WA. Technical writer and editor, Seattle City Light. 11/2002-6/2003.
• I revived an uncompleted project to develop and write user and software documentation for electrical monitoring systems.
Butler Service Group, Redmond, WA 98052. 12/2001-6/2002. Technical writer, Alstom ESCA, Bellevue, Washington.
• I wrote two (150- and 200-page) user guides for enterprise wide electrical load shedding systems.
Butler Service Group. Technical writer and editing focal, web author, work flow analyst, The Boeing Company (Puget Sound). 2/1996-11/2001.
• I developed and produced the original and 12 revisions of the Configurator User Guide for Boeing Customer Engineers. The Configurator is a software tool used to organize equipment options for various airplane customers. The final edition of the user guide was 500 pages long.
• Also for the Customer Engineering group, I documented numerous work flows with detailed Visio charts.
• I also conceived, developed, and produced a web site for the Customer Engineer group.
CTG Alaska, Anchorage, AK. 7/1995- 2/1996. Documentation specialist, British Petroleum and Alyeska Pipeline Service Co.
• I wrote user guides for software tools and developed promotional materials.
• Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker (technical writing and editing) - Expert
• Adobe Acrobat (PDF forms) – Experienced
• SQL Server, Microsoft Access (relational databases) - Experienced
• VBA for Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word (application automation) – Expert
• Microsoft SharePoint (document control) - Experienced
• Adobe LiveCycle (forms development) - Experienced
• Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator (graphic design) - Expert
• Adobe Captivate (training modules) - Expert
• Microsoft Visio (workflow analysis) - Expert
• Microsoft Excel (general analysis) - Expert
• Microsoft PowerPoint (presentations) – Expert
B.A. English, Brigham Young University