firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/sburton1188 801-***-****
• 3 years’ experience using instrumentation such as HPLC, UPLC, NMR, UV-vis, FTIR, CD, ICP, and PAGE.
• Skilled in persuasive communication to potential investors, buyers, and full-time volunteers.
• Developed HPLC methodology used for separation of DNA oxidation products. Education
MS Chemistry Biological Chemistry May 2015
University of Utah GPA 3.6
BS Chemistry Spanish Minor July 2012
Brigham Young University-Idaho GPA 3.4
Technical HPLC UPLC NMR UV-vis FTIR CD PAGE Chemdraw Pymol GC/MS ICP Fluorospectroscopy AA Microsoft Office Instron
Language Spanish: Fluent written and oral
Allergan Salt Lake City, UT May 2015 to April 2016
• Analyzed Finished and Intermediate products for consumer safety.
• Updated old test methods to improve lab costs and efficiency.
• Performed lab investigations to ensure product safety and improve testing procedures. Research Assistant
University of Utah Salt Lake City, UT January 2014 to May 2015
• Identified the effects of oxidation on the DNA repair enzyme NTHL1.
• Developed methodology used for HPLC analysis.
• Presented the case for additional funding to potential investors. Teacher Assistant August 2013 to May 2014
University of Utah Salt Lake City, UT
• Taught students wet chemistry techniques used in drug development.
• Described by students to be highly accessible, knowledgeable, and very willing to help.
• Trained students to use FTIR and NMR instrumentation. Intern August 2012 to November 2012
Stukenholtz Laboratory Twin Falls, ID
• Evaluated soil samples from around the world and guided farmers to optimize their land plot.
• Led a team of interns that streamlined analysis of soil samples. Intern June 2012 to August 2012
University Of Utah Salt Lake City, UT
• Developed small molecules designed to disrupt Tcf4 protein-protein interactions.
• Compiled library of small molecules used in drug synthesis. Team Leader June 2006 to July 2011
Big O Tires Rexburg, ID
• Led a team of 2-3 workers to change car tires and inspect vehicles within 15 minutes.
• As “face of the company” communicated with customers, successfully resolved issues, sold tires, and other car care products.
• Repaired basic mechanical problems such as alignments, brakes, and rotors. Service and Leadership
• Full-time volunteer church service for 2 years in Buenos Aires, Argentina. April 2007 to April 2009
• Directed a group of volunteers in Argentina for 16 months. December 2007 to April 2009
• Provided volunteer tutoring in chemistry. April 2011 to May 2015