Education: Berdan Institute, Wayne, NJ (2009-2010) Certificate granted: Lab Technician (Biotech Program) September,2010
Summary of Lab Qualifications:
• Sterile Technique: Laminar Flow Hood, Autoclave
• Microbiology: Gram Staining, microscopy, etc. Perform ELISAs Perform Column Chromatography QC
tests: pH, purity testing, melting point, etc. Perform PCR
• Perform qualitative and quantitative assays Set up and maintain scientific notebook
• Perform Lab safety techniques and maintain QC and utilize sterile techniques
• Prepare/ dilute solutions and buffers
• Perform volume and mass measurements,
• Pipetting/ micropipetting
• Perform pH titrations
• Prepare, inoculate and monitor media (plate and broth)
Lab Equipment Proficiencies:
Proficient with UV/Vis spectrophotometer, horizontal and vertical gel boxes (electrophoresis), pH meter, analytical and tabletop balance, UV Transilluminator, Thermocycler (PCR), UV Crosslinker (Electroblotting), shaking water bath, incubator, vortex mixer, microscope, pipet/micropipette, 25mL burette
Novel Ingredient Services LLC, East Hanover, NJ April 2015 – July 2015
Complete testing in a fast paced environment
Perform thorough and complete routine testing on materials according to specifications
Interact with QC and QA departments on a daily basis
Complete testing and submit reports in a timely manner to meet QC/QA, manufacturing and shipping schedules
Energizer, Allendale,NJ October 2014- January 2015
• Worked with principal scientist for suncare research and development.
• Prepared various formulations of sun screen prototypes for scientist.
• Compliant in all phases of lab safety .
• Utilized a scientific notebook .
Sun Chemical, Carlstadt, NJ May 2014- August 2014
• Prepared samples utilizing ink/coating raw materials and lab equipment.
• Evaluates samples using a variety of standard print test methods or security-specific measurement methods.
• Used Excel and Word to maintain and communicate experimental records as well as a lab notebook.
• Followed work safety procedures and general ISO/standard lab procedures.
Reckitt and Benckiser, Montvale, NJ April 2012-May 2013
• Tracking and evaluation of stability studies.
• Batching formulations at laboratory scale.
• Specification tests both instrumentally or via wet chemistry.
• Chemical inventory tracking.
French Color and Fragrance, Englewood, NJ December 2010- September 2011
• Position started as a lab externship and converted to a full time position.
• Prepared individual fragrances using formulas, scales and pipettes to measure materials.
• Prepared dye flakes and liquid dyes for customer orders.
• Prepared candles and aroma beads using fragrances.
• Processed incoming shipments of chemicals.
• Prepared regular and rush orders, condensed stock and printed labels.
UBS Securities, Weehawken NJ 1990- 2009
Position Held: Senior Auditor
• Performed monthly audits and reconciliations for SEC compliance.
• New York City Technical College, Brooklyn, NY Lab Technician program