J. R. Young
Objective To accept a senior investigation position within a multi-national
corporation or State Agency in order to better utilize my investigative, security, risk assessment, claims investigation, and Internet research technology skills to their fullest potential within a fluid, challenging environment.
Experience 2007-2013 Fox Entertainment Group, Inc. Beverly Hills, CA Senior Manager, Content Security Investigation
• Responsible for investigative strategies and providing the due diligence necessary to investigate any loss and mitigate internal/external risks of corporate creative content, physical and digital, for a major international motion picture studio.
• Provides liaison with MPAA, police and federal authorities.
• Responsible for several recent Anti-Piracy and Content Protection successes, including having had an instrumental role in protecting the $2B+ box office hit “Avatar”; which was delivered to the marketplace with no significant loss of content.
• Has traveled to Russia and Bulgaria to analyze digital/physical work flow deficits that resulted in the detection of production leaks and halted ongoing content losses.
• Coordinated content security operations in Russia, Japan, Thailand and Canada.
• Routinely acts as Program Manager for complex internal/external global intellectual property protection/enforcement and Internet security related matters.
• Gathers Intelligence in worldwide Anti-Piracy trends in order to forecast risks and guide content loss prevention policy.
• Familiar with current Watermarking, DRM and Fingerprinting technologies and Internet related threats to content, such as BitTorrent Networks.
1990-2016 (CURRENT) J. R. Young & Associates Simi Valley, Owner/Director
§ Responsible for all aspects of managing a private investigation firm including P/L, supervision of personnel (technical and clerical), marketing, client contact, information services procurement, and liaison with law enforcement.
§ Twenty years experience consulting on claims/risk/threat assessment cases for motion picture studios, celebrities, insurance and corporate clientele.
§ Provided executive protection, residential and commercial security surveys.
§ Specialized in fraud and theft investigations, worker’s comp. issues, global
15608 N. 71st St. #356
Scottsdale, AZ 85254 (As of
intellectual property protection and Internet security related matters. 1989-1990 Argus Agency Des Plaines, IL
§ Established west coast claims investigation office for Midwestern private investigation firm. Responsible for revenue, marketing, development and supervision of staff.
1987-1987 Krout & Schneider Los Angeles, CA
§ Managed the civil investigation department for a large private investigation firm. Responsibilities included managing a staff of investigators, P/L oversight, procuring information services, contract administration and budget for all outside services.
Education • 1979-1980 Birmingham Southern College Birmingham, AL
§ 1980-1982 California State University Chico, California Professional
• CA Private Investigator, License Number 14460 (Since 1990)
• Association of Threat Assessment Professionals
• Certified Fraud Examiners (Associate)
• American Society for Industrial Security
J. R. Young
Partial List of Past Investigation Clientele (while self-employed)
• TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX
• WALT DISNEY STUDIOS
• SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT
• WARNER BROTHERS STUDIOS
• PARAMOUNT STUDIOS
• CLASSIC COURIERS
• AMAZING PICTURES, INC.
• MANN THEATERS
• MANUFACTURER’S BANK
• ACCOR NORTH AMERICA
Mr. Kevin Krafft-Warner Brothers
Mr. Marcelo Rodriguez-Sony Pictures Entertainment
Mr. Jeff Dow-20th Century Fox
Mr. Raymond Smith-Sony Pictures Entertainment
Mr. Roy Condon-Paramount
Mr. Chris Sendejas-Disney