Welcome to Dropbox!
Take your stuff
Work on files
Learn how to get started with Dropbox:
Keep your files safe
Dropbox lets you save docs, photos, videos, and other files all in one place and automatically backs up your stuff. So if your computer breaks down or you leave your phone on the train, your stuff is safe.
On Windows or Mac
1. Make sure you’ve installed the desktop app on your computer. 2. Drag and drop files into the Dropbox folder. That’s it! Add files to your Dropbox
On iOS or Android
1. Tap the More actions menu icon in the top-right corner. 2. Choose Upload File (in iOS) or Upload here (in Android). 3. Select the location you’d like to upload files from. 4. Select the files you’d like to add, and then tap Upload. ANDROID
1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
2. Click the Upload button at the top of the window. 3. Choose the file you’d like to add, and click Open. 4. Or, just drag and drop files directly into your web browser.
Save your photos and docs to Dropbox, and access them on any computer, phone, or tablet with the Dropbox app. Every file you save to Dropbox is automatically synced to all your devices, so you can get to your stuff from anywhere.
Take your stuff anywhere
Get the desktop app Get the iOS app Get the Android app continued
Install the desktop and mobile apps
Need to send a file? Just add it to your Dropbox, share a link to it, and you’re done. No matter how large the file is, anyone with the link can view or download a copy even if they don’t have a Dropbox account.
1. Sign in to dropbox.com, and find the file or folder you’d like to share. 2. Hover over the file or folder, and click the S hare button that appears.
(If you’re sharing a folder, you’ll see a drop-down menu. Choose S end link.)
3. Enter the email addresses of the people you want to invite, and click Send. Or, copy and paste the link.
Send large files
Share a link to a file
On Windows or Mac
1. Install the Dropbox desktop app i f you haven’t already. 2. Open your Dropbox folder, and find the file or folder you’d like to share. 3. Right-click on the file and select S hare Dropbox Link. The link will be copied automatically. Just paste it into an email, instant message, or wherever you’d like people to access it.
Collaborate on presentations and docs without emailing files back and forth. Just create a shared folder and add other people to it. When you edit a file in a shared folder, everyone instantly gets the latest version on their devices.
1. Sign in to dropbox.com, and click on Share a folder... at the top of the window.
2. Choose I ’d like to create and share a new folder, click Next, a nd enter a name for your shared folder.
Work on files together
Set up a shared folder
3. Click N ext, and enter the email addresses of the people you want to invite.
4. Add a personal message if you’d like, and click Share folder. continued
You’re all set to use Dropbox. Get started now,
and let us know what you think on Twitter.
Hooray, now you’re a Dropbox all-star!
See more tips and tricks
Check out our Help Center to learn how to recover old versions of files, save space on your computer with Selective Sync, and explore other advanced features.
Dropbox also includes a number of security tools
to help you further protect your account and data. Visit our Security page to learn how to create
a strong, unique password, enable two-step
verification, and adjust your security settings.
There’s even more to Dropbox
Need more space or extra sharing controls?
Check out Dropbox Pro. Looking for a better
way to collaborate at work? Check out
Dropbox for Business.