Drilling Exchange 2015-present Houston, TX
• Currently moving a legacy database and site from SQL and PHP over to Postgresql and Ruby on Rails
• Social Media Marketing Manager - Responsible for all customer service inquiries
• Back end - PHP, SQL, Vagrant, Virtual Machine, Ruby on Rails, Postgresql, Pg_search, Sidekik background tasks, Devise
• Front end - Bourbon, Neat, Haml, Html, JS, CSS, Google analytics Education
The IronYard Academy 2015 Houston, TX
Ruby on Rails Developer
• Built real world applications while learning new technologies daily, related to full stack development. Everything from server-side querying to html/css.
• General - CLI, Git/GitHub, Pair programming, Scrum/Estimation, Agile development
• Front End - Ember, Node/io.js, HTML, CSS, Sass, JS/jQuery/CoffeeScript/Ajax, Middleman, Bower
• Ruby - Arrays/Hashes, Control flow, Object-oriented programming, Testing, Gems, Bundler, irb/Pry
• Rails - MVC Architecture, CRUD, Migrations, Validation, ERB, Layouts/Partials, Forms, Routing, REST, Building APIs/Generating JSON, Rake, Testing, Faker, Asset pipeline, Heroku, AWS, CarrierWave/Fog, SimpleForm, Pg_search
• Capstone Project - 3 week app building process combining all skills we’ve learned. Texas State University 1998-2003 San Marcos, TX
B.B.A., Bachelor of Business Administration in Management.
• Graduate Level Entrepreneurial Studies: Writing an Intensive Business Plan Other Experience
Bike Barn 2012-2014 Houston, TX
• Effectively managing a staff to meet a 13% growth sales plan with revenue of
$6.5+ million annually
• Responsible for all inventory control using Retail Pro inventory / POS system
• Analyzing sales reports and effectively communicating them to company owners
• Maintaining and teaching the highest level of customer service
• Hiring, managing and developing all staff, including assistant managers, service department, cashiers and sales staff
• Oversee all daily operations, expense reporting, shipping/receiving
• Creating new floor plans and merchandising all areas of the sales floor McKelvey Designs LLC. / Remodeling 2010-2012 Houston, TX Project Manager
• University of Houston Business Development Training - Quickbooks accounting
• Created new marketing plan, PR, and budgeting goals
• Coordinating clients’ wants and needs with contractors, Driving the Interior Design Process
Sun and Ski Sports / Retail Concepts Inc. 2007-2010 Houston, TX General Manager
• Effectively managing a staff of 35+ employees, in order to meet sales goals with the highest of customer service expectations.
Specialty Sports Venture, LLC. / Vail Resorts 2004-2007 Vail, CO General Manager
• Increased sales from 200K to 330K during 2nd year. Increased sales 30% during my 3rd year (Net profit of $2.8 million in 5 months).
• Responsible for 3,500 pieces ($2 million) of rental inventory. Loss of less than .0065 pieces for all 3 years. Tedious Loss Prevention Oversight.