SHAWN M. ARUCH, MBA
** ******* *****, **** ******, NJ 07052
High-energy Information Technology Leader with demonstrated success in technology planning and execution to support strategic business objectives. Recognized for developing and implementing technology initiatives and solutions that increase value by reducing costs and enhancing revenue. Expertise in influencing, consulting and relationship building as a key trusted technical advisor to C-level Executives, Department Managers, Peers and Stakeholders. Assertive self-starter who executes flawlessly, as well as independent thinker with tremendous initiative who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
* Information Technology Management
* Strategic Technology Planning
* Systems Development and Support
* Cost Containment / Revenue Optimization
* Operational Efficiencies
* Process Integration / Improvement
* C-Level Relationship Management
* Strong Negotiating Skills
ASP, Active Directory, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop, Avaya Merlin Magix, Carpe Diem, Cisco Switches, Cisco VoIP, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, Hummingbird DocsOpen, MS Office, MS SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Enterprise Server, Nortel Meridian, Office 365, PERL, Quickbooks, SonicWall Internet Appliances, Symantec Ghost, Tableau, VMWare, Visual Basic, Windows Server
VINTAGE (division of PR Newswire) - New York, NY - 2004 to present
(Full-service financial print firm used by global Fortune 500, mid-sized and small cap public companies, mutual funds, law firms and individuals to ensure compliance with SEC regulations)
Vice President, Information Technology
Manages all IT functions including software development, network administration, telecommunications, database administration, data center management, and disaster recovery. Collaborates with C-level Executive Team, IT, Operations and Production on strategic technology initiatives to enhance services to diverse client base with state-of-the-art technology.
* Achieved operating expense savings of $1.5MM by researching and selecting new software for SEC filings and transmission.
* Planned and executed an infrastructure virtualization project utilizing Cisco UCS, EMC and VMWare, increasing operational efficiencies and reducing cost and downtime
* Launched a Citrix based VDI environment providing for increased user performance and system reliability
* Creates operational efficiencies by championing development and implementation of new Contract Management and Revenue Recognition System.
* Optimized client retention rate and increased revenue by $250K by researching, developing, and implementing web-hosting solutions to meet new SEC mandates.
* Proposes and initiates IT solutions to business needs and provides superior customer service to external clients and internal partners including Senior Management, Accounting/Finance, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Production and Administration.
* Developed and maintains Workflow Management database to track production of tens of thousands of complex, multi-cycle SEC filings.
* Enhances decision making for senior management by developing and implementing business analytics, tracking SEC filings / internal production, and reacting to changing business needs.
* Functions as 24/7 “go-to” contact for all technology problem solving.
* Achieves significant cost savings by effective negotiations with outsourced contractors and various vendors.
* As a member of the merger integration and transition team, reduced costs by minimizing overall technology footprint while increasing services to clients.
* Spearheaded physical office migration of 4 data centers, 125 users and 3 sites.
* Hired to establish IT department and create systems / procedures to enhance services to all internal and external customers as well as allow for 24/7 uptime.
* Received MBA in Technology Management in 2011 and MS in Telecommunications / Information Management in 2006 while working full-time at Vintage Filings.
ALLEN & OVERY, LLP - New York, NY - 2002 – 2004
(Top ten global law firm, headquartered in the UK)
Telecommunications Analyst (2003 – 2004)
Provided technical support to U.S.-based users, managing all telecommunications devices and services including network and office equipment, cell phones, Blackberry devices, fax machines, and copiers.
* Decreased capital expenditures by 5% by negotiating cost-effective contracts with various vendors.
* Minimized equipment costs by developing an asset-tracking system, decreasing lost equipment in the U.S.
Technical Support Analyst (2002 – 2003)
Performed troubleshooting and maintenance of users’ machines. Installed new and updated applications.
* Provided premier customer service to internal customers and set up new users in Active Directory including group memberships, log-in scripts and network shares.
* Received BBA in Computer Information Systems while working and attending college full time.
NATIONAL MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES, INC. - New York, NY - 2000 – 2002
(Provider of SEC filings and compliance services to clients)
Reporting to CIO, oversaw day-to-day operations of multiple offices including workstations and servers.
* Ensured highest security and reliability by administering point-to-point link with SEC.
* Designed in-house Web-based applications.
* Negotiated with vendors on all technology purchases including servers, workstations and software.
* MBA / Masters of Business Administration, Technology Management, January 2011
Polytechnic Institute of New York University, New York, NY
* MS / Masters of Science, Telecommunications and Information Management, January 2006
Polytechnic University, New York, NY
* BBA / Bachelors of Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, May 2003
Baruch College / City University of New York, New York, NY