PEEYUSH P. GADEKAR
Cell: 847-***-**** e-mail: email@example.com
Around 15 years of work experience in Product Design-Development, Engineering Services Industry
(in USA & India), degree in Mechanical Engineering, using CAD, CAE Softwares. Major experience in Product Design & Development Cycle, Mechanism Design, Concept Layouts, Competitor Tear down & Evaluation, Patent related activities, Prototype building/tweaking, Reverse Engineering & Component Detail Design/Drawing for Electro-Mechanical Consumer Products.
• Hands on CAD, PLM Software’s & Prototyping Methods, Create Detailed Engineering, Manufacturing & Fabrication Drawings.
• Experience with Overseas & Local Vendors - Asian Manufacturers (India, China & Taiwan) for production of high-volume mass-market Electro-mechanical Consumer Products, design for EMI/ESD. Travelled Internationally for Project requirements to China, Taiwan & India.
• Hands-on in-house fabrication to manipulate parts and hand tools, equipment in the machine shop including drill presses, lathes, band saws, grinders, mills etc. as well as rapid prototyping processes – FDM, SLA/SLS, Rubber Molding, Sheet Metal & Machining Processes.
• Knowledge of ASME Standards, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T), Tolerance Stack-up Analysis.
• Project Management, Defining Project Specs, Resource planning, Mass data management, developing standards, project execution processes and quality check processes.
• CAD Administration License Server Management, Software Installation & control, Software & Sever upgradation etc.
Administered CAD Systems (SolidWorks, Pro Engineer Wildfire & AutoCAD), 3d- Printer (Dimension Elite & da Vinci – XYZ Printing) & 3d-Scanner (NextEngine).
Implementation & Data Management member of PLM System, Solid Professor Training & Account Management.
Created CAD Protocol, best practices for whole company. Evaluate & suggest CAD Modules beneficial for Companywide usage.
A.M.I.Mech.E (Bachelor Degree - Mechanical Engineering), Dec’ 2000 from Institution of Mechanical Engineers (I), Bombay, India.
Masters Certificate Program in CAD-CAM, Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD, A Government of India initiative) Hyderabad, India
CAD: SolidWorks 2015 (CSWP Certified), Pro/E (5.0) & Creo 2.0
CAE Package: Solid Works Finite Element Modeling & Analysis, ANSYS
PLM (Product Lifecycle Mgt.): Softech’s Product Center, PDM – SolidWorks EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Technosoft Engineering Inc. (earlier Impact Engineering Solutions Inc.), Brookfield, WI From March/2008, till date. (on contract at following Customer): A) Client & location: PORTICOS Inc., Morrisville, NC Product Design House (www.porticos.net), Oct’15 – Present, Sr. Tech. Leader (on H1B Visa)
• Project Leader/Engineer for new products, improvement of existing products from conception to production, contributing to drive innovation & creativity. P a g e 2
• Experience in Consumer products industry, involving UI & Ergo.
• Deliver on commitments meeting cost, timing and performance criteria.
• Key member in problem solving and continuous improvement teams, apply engineering discipline to complex problems.
• Design Reviews, FMEAs to assure design intent.
• Interact with existing suppliers & manufacturers to review new design, get quotes for cost evaluation. Communication with & aid domestic as well as international vendors for manufacturing of designed parts.
• Champion Design for Manufacturability & Value Engineering.
• Oversee & mentor junior engineers.
• Following major Product Design Projects:
• New Asset Tracking Device, an IP65 Product
• Innovative Pills Dispenser Unit (Medical Device)
• Family of 4 different high end Tissue Dispensers, in process of applying Utility Patent.
B) Client: ACCO Brands Corporation Inc., Lake Zurich, IL Manufacturer of Office Products (http://www.accobrands.com/acco/us/us/home.aspx) Mar’08 – June’14, Sr. PD&D Engineer (on L1A Visa)
• Contribute to driving innovation & creativity from conception thru. production.
• Deliver on commitments meeting cost, timing & performance criteria.
• Key member in problem solving & continuous improvement teams, apply engineering discipline & strong experimental technique.
• GD&T, Stack up Analysis, Design reviews and FMEA’s.
• Champion Design for Manufacturability & Value Engineering.
• Oversee & mentor Engineers, guide & monitor Asian Suppliers.
• Experience in consumer products industry, involving UI and Ergo.
• Contributed on following major Product Design Projects:
• Came-up with an idea, led & designed an Innovative game-changing stapling product, Utility Patent Application 61/834,545 filed.
• Designed various Mechanical Stapling Heads & Staple Cartridges.
• Fun Projects (using majority of existing parts).
• Led design & development project:
• POC prototypes, test validation.
• Designed & engineered plastic, sheet metal, die-cast components.
• Created, maintained & followed timeline and milestones.
• Liaised with other dept’s for preparation of presentation in each gate stage process.
• Evaluated project risks & determined mitigation plans early in the project lifecycle.
• Make prototypes to meet functional & cost requirements.
• Redesigned for cost reduction, to meet target cost.
• Re-evaluated & designed mechanism’s to avoid potential Competitor IP’s.
• Created and maintained product specifications throughout the NPD Cycle.
• Visited, instructed & guided international suppliers, manufacturers and sub vendors of new product development. Learned strengths and weaknesses of supplier base to understand and drive the choice of the optimum supplier for each project assigned.
• Interacted with legal counsel, for intellectual property search and application.
• Created DFMEA & PFMEA, validated product CAD models and drawings for component interfaces and Design for Manufacture and Assembly. P a g e 3
• Created procedures for testing new products, following applicable safety standards & company quality procedures to ensure product conformity & compliance. Technosoft Engineering Projects Ltd. (earlier Technosoft Information Technologies (I) Ltd), Bombay, India, as: Sr. Project Manager – (Engineering Services), June/2014 to Sept/2015 Assistant General Manager – (Engineering Services Group), July/2006 to Mar/2008
• Managed team of designers, engineers and drafters.
• Ensured the drawings and designs are completed on time.
• GD&T, Stack up Analysis.
• Responsible for prototyping co-ordination, Vendor and Customer Management.
• Prepare project proposals.
• Communicated with vendors for manufacturing of designed parts and components.
• Analyzed application environment, recommended proper component material, dimensions and product style.
• Specified new material or component required for new design. CSM Software Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, India as: Sr. Project Engineer, August/2005 to June/2006
• Managed a team of drafters. Ensured the drawings and designs are completed on time. Responsible for detailed reviews, GD&T, Stack up Analysis.
• Would prepare project schedules and proposals. Vendor and Client Management.
• Led and directed the work in a cross functional environment. EMERSON Design Engineering Center, Pune, India
(Initiative of Emerson Motor Company, St. Louis, MO, USA) as: Team Leader, August/2003 to August/2005
• Design Engineering Support, Internal Client Relationship Management.
• Project Planning & Estimation, Coordination and Scheduling, Resource Management
• GD&T, Stack up Analysis. Creating Detailed Eng. Mfg. & Fabrication Drawings ONWARD Technologies Ltd, Pune, India as: Assistant Manager - CAD, May/2002 to July/2003
• Creating 3D Models using CAD Packages like Pro-E, Solid Edge 3D
• Creating detailed engineering, manufacturing and fabrication 2d drawings.
• Problem Solving & providing Design Engineering Support
• Assist in Project Planning, Estimation & Scheduling
• Implementing Quality Plans & resolving technical issues. Digital Inc. Nagpur, India as: Design Engineer - CAD, October/2000 to May/2002
• Creating 3D Models using Pro-E & 2d drawings & Design Engineering Support TECHNICAL TRAINING’s
• GD & T, Applications – By Dean Watts, D3W Engineering, USA
• ASME Y14.5M – Dick Button, Fischer Valves, USA & NTTF, Bangalore, India
• PLASTIC PART DESIGN - NTTF, Pune, India
PASSPORT & VISA’s:
• INDIAN Passport with H1B Visa, valid from Oct/01/2015 (H1B Visa to be transferred & also port my current Green Card I-140, EB-2 Category).