KATIE M. GUASTO
Pembroke Pines, Florida 33026
• Military training
• Personal growth and development
• Excellent verbal communication
• Customer friendly
• Coordination skills
• Perform well in high-demand, fast-
• Problem resolving
July 2009 – June 2015
Operations Specialist Petty Officer Third Class (Active Duty) United States Coast Guard – Miami, FL
Operations Specialist Third Class, Miami, FL
Petty Officer Third Class (E-4) 2011-2015
• Communications officer in charge of monitoring distress related VHF transmissions.
• Lead Petty Officer in charge of monitoring the work of eighteen active and reserve enlist- ed officers.
• Situational Unit Coordinator responsible for, at a minimum, maintaining the common operational picture for USCG Sector Miami Command Center, asset status, marine events, port operations, Search and Rescue and Aids to Navigation management.
• Process and disseminate Captain of the Port of Miami Orders pertaining to vessel ar- rivals, departures and security or safety holds.
• Responsible for assisting and addressing customer reports, concerns, or complaints of emergency, environmental or navigational hazards.
Operations Specialist Training, Petaluma, CA
Seaman Operations Specialist (E-3) 2011
• Operations Specialist training
United States Coast Guard, San Diego, CA
Seaman (E-3) 2009-2011
• Preformed crew member duties including navigation of US Coast Guard Cutter Hamilton
• Assisted with Haiti earthquake relief efforts (2010)
• Conducted alien migration and drug interdiction efforts in the Caribbean and Pacific Oceans
Athens Technical College 2008
• Associates Degree of Criminal Justice
Well organized and dependable with excellent leadership skills. Experienced in minimizing problem areas to allevi- ate client concerns and effectively coordinating challenging multi-task situations to meet critical deadlines. References available upon request