Objective: To obtain a position that will utilize my educational skills and knowledge to allow room for growth and career advancement. Certified in numerous areas of the healthcare field, with over 25 years of verifiable work experience in patient care. My focus would be a career as a Patient Care Technician or Medical Specialist in order to fully utilize my training and experience within a public health organization.
• Knowledgeable of legal and ethical standards • Proficient with medical terminology
• Comfortable with diverse populations • Experience in pre-certification
• Excellent team player and community builder
• Experience working in acute care setting • Excellent customer service skills
• Proficient in MS Office, AS400,& Tier
View Point Health- Decatur, GA
Mental Health tech/Patient care technician (October 2013 to Present)
• Provide direct patient care to children and adolescents with behavioral and psychiatric disorders.
• Ensure precaution protocols are followed and encourage patients to actively participate in all program activities.
• Report all areas of concern regarding patients’ mental or physical status to the charge nurse.
• Assist with daily living, such as eating, dressing, safety search and obtaining urine specimens.
• Observe patient behaviors and record their conditions.
• Assist with patients: bi-polar, alcohol and drug dependency, detoxification and rehabilitative services, in house patient programs. Work with families and mental health counselors with active case management.
• obtaining urine specimens and orienting new patients to the unit and their program.
Georgia Regional Hospital- Decatur GA
Health Service Technician /Mental Health tech/CNA 2005-2009
• Performed direct care activities
• Prioritize patient daily care according to acuity and scheduled patient procedures
• Assist patients with A.M. care, take vital signs, prep for procedures, draw blood, and obtain specimens
• Transportation of patients within hospital or to other medical facilities off campus.
• Prepared end of shift report regarding unit checklist and special observation on patients.
• Assist with patient and family education, and enforced rules and regulations of the unit.
• Assist R.N. with sterile and non-sterile dressing changes, as well as other basic nursing procedures
• Utilize PC to enter and retrieve patient data
• Maintained order and discipline within the unit, only implementing restraints when necessary.
Essex County College
Nursing and office applications specialist
Patient Care Technician
License number M359F6RS Certified Nursing Assistant GA & NJ
Certified Medical Assistant Certified Home Health Aid Expiration date: 06/26/2017