Walter T Williams
Entry-Level Windows **** System Administrator
Dayton, OH 45406
email@example.com - 937-***-****
I am seeking employment where I can use my love of computers and IT in a professional setting. I do not have any experience in the professional world however I have helped, repaired, builded and networked family and friends computers for years, since about 1998. I would like to use this experience along with my skills such as attention to detail, ability to learn new skills quickly and being dependable to contribute to the profitability in a professional environment.
Team Leader 3rd Shift
Caterpillar logistics - Clayton, OH - October 2014 to Present WareHouse Team Leader 3rd Shift
* Coordinating workflow
* Promoting cooperative team relationships
* Actively promoting safe work practices and procedures
* Establishing daily priorities, providing feedback to supervisory team on Associate performance
* Performing and/or coordinating the training of Associates on work techniques and promoting continuous improvement.
* Assists the Coach in: performing the material handling and warehousing functions required in inbound, outbound and other operational functions within the IPC.
* Working from a variety of source documents to verify quantities, count parts, fill orders, package parts, etc.
* Using machines for weighing, banding, wrapping, packaging, stenciling, etc.
* Maintaining related records or reports as required and resolving discrepancies where needed
* Operating computer terminals to access and update information for receiving, counting, and order processing via EWM/SPM, Lotus Notes, or Microsoft Office applications
* Performing and assigning housekeeping functions; using mobile equipment as required facilitating job functions
* Reporting defects and need for repairs on mobile equipment by following safety procedures
* Assisting the IPC Warehouse Associates in resolving various work related issues.
* Working with your peers across shifts to help eliminate issues, problems, or defects Temporary Worker / Production Worker at Honda in Anna Adecco USA - Anna, OH - June 2013 to January 2014
Work on the CVT (continuously variable transmission) Production line in the hard turn area, running four CNC machines. Cutting the Movable Drive Parts.
LEVI STRAUSS & CO - Hebron, KY - May 2009 to November 2012 Perform basic clerical duties (copying, faxing, filing, sorting, addressing E-mails, counts and sorts documents).
• Perform light typing with the use of Microsoft office '97 (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Operate various business machines (copiers, printers, fax).
• Maintain records and process files for Trailers and Inventory Rework.
• Print Order documents, confirm shipments in Computer System, answer phones, interact with internal and external personnel and reconcile inventory.
Shipping & Receiving Warehouse Worker
• Pick / Pack orders in accordance with Shipping & Receiving regulations.
• Operated Lowboy, RC Truck & Lowboy 4000
Labor Ready - Dayton, OH - September 2007 to April 2009 Various Jobs
Floor Specialist / Housekeeper
Otterbein Retirement Home - Lebanon, OH - June 2006 to August 2007 Cleaned floors by sweeping, mopping and scrubbing them.
• Cleaned and polished walls, ceilings, windows, plant equipment and building fixtures using steam cleaning equipment, scrapers, brooms and variety of hand and power tools.
• Applied waxes or sealers to wood or concrete floors. Customer Service / Data Tier
Teleperformance - Fairborn, OH - March 2005 to May 2006 Assisted Sprint Customers with their cell phones hardware, software, and internet problems.
• Provided troubleshooting to resolve a wide variety of performance problems with the Sprint cell phones.
• Provided High quality, result-driven and prompt professional customer service and support.
• Assisted customer with billing concerns.
• Participated in Sprint Customer retention sales campaign. Quality Check / Group leader
R&L Carriers - Wilmington, OH - 2003 to 2004
Held local oversight over five employees
• Check PC components i.e. Touch screens, wires, scanners, screws and boxes for any problems.
• Finished and tested all MDT (Mobile Data Transient) computers coming off the assembly line.
• Loaded and unload the MDTs on to skids and on to the truck. EDUCATION
CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA
New Horizons Computer Learning Centers - Fairborn, OH 2014 to 2014
H.S. Diploma in Computer Science
Belmont High - Dayton, OH
1994 to 1998
Helpdesk, Windows Server 2012, Network Administrator, System Administrator, PC Repair, PowerShell, Networking
I have received a Certificate of Completion from New Horizons Computer Learning Centers for CompTIA A+
Installing & Configuring Windows 2012 Server (20410) Administering Windows Server 2012 (20411)
Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (20412)